Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,156

Westview K-8 4

Posted May 13, 2015
My child was in Kindergarten. I I was not involved in the school very much to give much feedback. I give my child's educational experience a 5. I did not have any major complaints with the school. They kept me pretty informed with what was going on at the school. It was kind of scary for me to have my child mixed with much older grades, but they do a pretty good job to keep them separated.

Posted March 19, 2015
Trash all along the property line,always trashed on the school grounds filthy inside too.Roaches in the silverware area My Kids tell me they see roaches all the time ,So much for a green school.I like some of the staff but Sooo unfriendly.I would never recommend this school.They took the locker privilege away from all the 6th grade until the eight grade because of a group of kids talking now my Daughter has to carry all her books all year she was looking so forward to finally having a locker.this is just the tip of the iceberg for this school.

Posted July 26, 2014
The principal needs to interact more... I seen her maybe a handful of times within a whole school year. I want to give a BIG thank you to Ms. BOOTH and Mrs.S. for doing a great job of PTA.. they were the only 2 parents that stepped up 2 the plate to do fundraising,dances,putting in countless hours up at Westview to make it happen for these kids.

Posted August 15, 2013
I went to orientation to be told they would not let me have my daughter stuff because she had not had shoots. No were on the card did it state she must have for orientation. I told the lady that I had a apt on Friday and she still said no. I feel this was miss handled and that I know they have to have before they stated school.That was the day my Dr could see me and it was before school. I feel this was a waste of my time and money when I missed work. Not I am sorry or anything. maybe we should take there pay for a day and see if there mad or not..

Posted July 23, 2013
I don't like the mass punishment given by some teachers. I also think too many movies are shown instead of teaching. More test papers which are graded should be shared with familiy. More communication should be sent home.When a teacher says there is a test then the test should be given when promised as what is said should be followed upon. Even middle school students need encourgacement and honesty..Even more important they need to be safe. Scary behavior in the cafeteria or in class or in the hallway should not happen and if it does the children need to know that there are punishments for the student and not for the teacher who tries to help. I also don't undersand all the substitues used at the school. It seems whenever there is a substitute in class obsene gestures and very bad behavior occurs--and no teaching happens. Working on these matter should help. I do feel the greatest progress would occur if good behavior is required . Teaching can only happen if all the students behave, listen, and want to learn. Punishment needs to be consistent and immediate when misbehavior occurs.

Posted July 22, 2013
In the middle school program you really wont get the real experience like other schools like hanging out with friends, getting to pick your electives but in west-view you have to walk in A straight line on the third tile on level zero like the elementary school kids.

Posted February 11, 2013
This school is a horrible school. It does not provide kids with a full-middle school experience. "Walk in a straight line on the third tile on level 0". What does that even mean?! The administrators are completely out of it, and take their power to the head! Needs more electives. And if one person does something it seems as if the whole school gets in trouble.

Posted November 05, 2012
This school is a terrible, horrible place. I wouldn't send my dog here! I went to Westview and graduated in the first class. "OH WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT IN MY LIFE". I would rather have driving lessons with helen keller than attened this school. This school did nothing to prepare me for my high school career or what they like to call "the real world". I'm so glad i'm free out the dugeon. now that i have left, the head administrators STILL talk about my bestfriend and I. Grown men and Women, harressing children. It so disrespectful and they need some major work! Don't be fooled....

Westview K-8 4

Posted July 13, 2012
Over the past 3 years, I hated WestView. I thought it was terrible school. And I felt like i got judged a lot. That was only to come out to be MY big misunderstanding, now that I think about it.. everyone at that school was only trying to help, they saw through my lies when I said I was okay. And they took time to talk with me and showed me that they cared. The teachers at WestView K-8 honestly amaze me. I said a lot about them when I was there... but I was never trying to see where they were coming from. They take time to learn about every student and take time to make sure we are okay. Several teachers there... I put through a lot. Because I always had some type of problem, but they never gave up on me. They always told me that they were there. And I believed them. The few times I actually did go to talk with them.. it showed me a lot. It showed me that they had actually learned about me, and could notice my sudden change in behavior. I learned a lot at WestView, not only academically, but I learned life lessons, And I already miss the school and high school hasn't even started yet. I will defiantly be going to visit the school, the faculty really made an impact in my life.

Posted May 16, 2012
I honestly don't like Westview . What's the point of going to school if you can't experience what real middle school is like . I thought it would be like in the movies . Getting to hang out with your friends & having a loving & caring boyfriend . But ever since that asinine rule about AFFECTION got put up me & my boyfriend are bound to be apart . What kind of school does that ? Obviously Westview K-8.

Westview K-8
5270 Connie Jean Road, Jacksonville, FL  32210
Last modified Westview K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westview K-8 Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top