Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,156

Westview K-8 5

Posted June 28, 2015
Its a really fun. School and its awesome its like a regular middle school and u can do watever u really want and. They have alot of sports . Like cheerleading and they have lockers and alot of more things and it is preparing. Me for the rest of mide school westview k8 is really. Fun. U would like it and they have some awesome workers and and teachers!!!

Posted June 02, 2015
First let me start off by saying my son is in the fourth grade and have been attending the school for two years now and every year it seems to go down..the teachers are awful and doesn't keep you informed. .I am a parent that is very involved so after numerous emails and letters trying to contact the teacher because my son said he was getting teased i had to go to the school and talked to the asst principal and i was told that they didn't have any proof of teasing. .I said what proof do u need?? the letter and emails , my sons tears (not wanting to go to school) wasnt enough..the asst pricipal is RUDE and doesn't really have genuine concerned for the students.I never see the head pricipal until the end of the year talent show..So let me say this if you care about your child DONT SEND YOUR CHILD TO WESTVIEW K-8.

Westview K-8 5

Posted June 01, 2015
I think Westview K-8 is a good school. Very inviting. I think they have a lot of programs that helps students succeed in school.

Westview K-8 4

Posted May 13, 2015
My child was in Kindergarten. I I was not involved in the school very much to give much feedback. I give my child's educational experience a 5. I did not have any major complaints with the school. They kept me pretty informed with what was going on at the school. It was kind of scary for me to have my child mixed with much older grades, but they do a pretty good job to keep them separated.

Posted March 19, 2015
Trash all along the property line,always trashed on the school grounds filthy inside too.Roaches in the silverware area My Kids tell me they see roaches all the time ,So much for a green school.I like some of the staff but Sooo unfriendly.I would never recommend this school.They took the locker privilege away from all the 6th grade until the eight grade because of a group of kids talking now my Daughter has to carry all her books all year she was looking so forward to finally having a locker.this is just the tip of the iceberg for this school.

Posted July 26, 2014
The principal needs to interact more... I seen her maybe a handful of times within a whole school year. I want to give a BIG thank you to Ms. BOOTH and Mrs.S. for doing a great job of PTA.. they were the only 2 parents that stepped up 2 the plate to do fundraising,dances,putting in countless hours up at Westview to make it happen for these kids.

Posted August 15, 2013
I went to orientation to be told they would not let me have my daughter stuff because she had not had shoots. No were on the card did it state she must have for orientation. I told the lady that I had a apt on Friday and she still said no. I feel this was miss handled and that I know they have to have before they stated school.That was the day my Dr could see me and it was before school. I feel this was a waste of my time and money when I missed work. Not I am sorry or anything. maybe we should take there pay for a day and see if there mad or not..

Posted July 23, 2013
I don't like the mass punishment given by some teachers. I also think too many movies are shown instead of teaching. More test papers which are graded should be shared with familiy. More communication should be sent home.When a teacher says there is a test then the test should be given when promised as what is said should be followed upon. Even middle school students need encourgacement and honesty..Even more important they need to be safe. Scary behavior in the cafeteria or in class or in the hallway should not happen and if it does the children need to know that there are punishments for the student and not for the teacher who tries to help. I also don't undersand all the substitues used at the school. It seems whenever there is a substitute in class obsene gestures and very bad behavior occurs--and no teaching happens. Working on these matter should help. I do feel the greatest progress would occur if good behavior is required . Teaching can only happen if all the students behave, listen, and want to learn. Punishment needs to be consistent and immediate when misbehavior occurs.

Posted July 22, 2013
In the middle school program you really wont get the real experience like other schools like hanging out with friends, getting to pick your electives but in west-view you have to walk in A straight line on the third tile on level zero like the elementary school kids.

Posted February 11, 2013
This school is a horrible school. It does not provide kids with a full-middle school experience. "Walk in a straight line on the third tile on level 0". What does that even mean?! The administrators are completely out of it, and take their power to the head! Needs more electives. And if one person does something it seems as if the whole school gets in trouble.

Westview K-8
5270 Connie Jean Road, Jacksonville, FL  32210
Last modified Westview K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westview K-8 Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top