Posted October 15, 2014
Administrators are passive-aggressive. They make snide remarks about teachers. The principal encourages teachers and staff to tattle on each other about petty things.

Atlantic Coast High School 5

Posted August 09, 2014
I was very impressed by the staff at ACHS. My daughter graduated in 2013 and excelled in the AP program. I can't speak for the standard classes, but I am very pleased with the level of attention and efforts she received from all Advanced classes. As a result, she earned several scholarships and was accepted to many top notched colleges. The school has a very relaxing atmosphere which is designed to allow students to excel. I highly recommend students study hard and enter the AP program.

Atlantic Coast High School 4

Posted June 16, 2014
This School is a good school as long as you dont hang out with the wrong people and being on top of your grades!

Atlantic Coast High School 5

Posted February 23, 2014
Really good for students lacking credits, I had 2 credits going into my senior year and end up graduating on time.

Posted November 01, 2013
Everybody is on their phones constantly, even in class. Dress code not enforced. Principal never smiles.

Atlantic Coast High School 3

Posted May 10, 2013
My daugther is a senior this year. We personnaly have not had any issues. She is a independent student and does very well academically & does not require much help. She has complained about a few students being disrespectful to the teachers, I 'm sure that's most schools. There will always be a few bad apples. Overall, I would say it has been a postivie experience for her.

Atlantic Coast High School 2

Posted May 09, 2013
I attended this school for my junior year, c/o 2012-2013 and I truly have to say that this school is out of control. I experienced bullying while attending this school and had trouble focusing in class alot of the time because of the large amount of distractions going on caused by other students. Some of the teachers were even verbally abusive. I will now be switching over to FLVS for next year.

Posted May 09, 2013
Achs is the worst school my three children have ever attended If you in any way have.a choice I highly recomend you intrust your child's safety and education anywhere but here. The staff other than a,special few or,rude and sorry to be blunt but are only there to collect a paycheck and nothing more. Just to give one example two of my children had the same teacher that would sleep in class every day. Two of my children have graduated and the third i will be moving to private school next year. A lot of things going on in that school that's just not acceptable yet staff are either clueless or just don't care. Can't stress enough stay clear and if your child has an iep take advantage of the mckay scholarship and move to a private school. Some even take it as full payment.

Atlantic Coast High School 4

Posted April 09, 2013
I have to chime in here, because I am a Sub myself, and saw the post another Sub had written. I have subbed many times at this school (2013) and I am very impressed! Yes there are always your problem students, (and there was a fight one day the I worked here), but there are so many polite students at the school it ouways the problem ones. This is one of my top favorite places to sub at! Admin, office staff, and teachers are so friendly and welcoming! It is a very positive environment! Teachers and certainly Subs will always have issues on occasion at any school, however, If one finds themselves always in conflicts with students, I question how friendly your approach is to the students. Great School, and just as you should at any school, parents should be invovled, and ask questions, get to know the people around your teens.

Atlantic Coast High School 2

Posted October 14, 2012
I was a substitute teacher at this school during the 2011-2012 school year. I realize that substitute teachers get "special" treatment, but I was very surprised at the behavior I saw out of some of the students here. This is where my children are zoned to go, so I had a vested interest in learning about the school. I saw multiple fights break out in the hallways, I was cursed out by students, and from what I understand, this is likely a daily occurrence. The security staff were very helpful, but personally I would prefer that my children are not exposed to this type of environment. I cannot speak for the AP classes, as I never covered any of them. I just wanted to mention what I saw at this school so you're sure to make an informed decision before sending your children to this, or any high school.

Atlantic Coast High School
9735 R G Skinner Parkway, Jacksonville, FL  32256
Last modified Atlantic Coast High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlantic Coast High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top