108 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Posted May 02, 2015
I have two children that are attending middle school here currently what can a say positive about this school not much it has been downhill from the beginning my children transferred from a bad to worst school. They started in August and weren't in the system until 6months later they brought me hand written report cards and progress reports and when questioned why everyone passed it off as someone else's issue. Finally it was updated when l called the school board. When enrolling they claim to have all these electives when there are really only two Gym and Journalism and don't let me mention the sports they claimed to have l paid for basketball and it was cancelled without warning by the principle did l get a refund nope. They also show lots of favoritism my daughter was an Honors student prior to coming here everyday she comes home to tell me the same student has interrupted class cursed the teacher out and thrown desk but yet she is allowed to return (she has family that works for the school) I am beyond over this school please send your child somewhere else...

Posted August 10, 2014
This school is horrible do not go there. I went there for a year and during that year I had here science etcher three math teacher and a reading teacher who just sat on her butt all day and made us watch videos. We did not Learn nothing and most of the times the teachers were not there so we had a substitute. The subsitute was either the security guard or the security guard assistant.

Posted November 05, 2013
This school has got to be the, saying as nicely as I can, most aggrivating school in the area. Honestly. They have the most smallest numbers of teachers PER GRADE with the most LARGEST number of wild students. Teachers calling their students "Little boy/girl, if you don't" and basically humiliating the students who make the smallest mistakes. Put your child in here if you want to ruin their school years.

Somerset Academy-Middle, Eagle Campus 5

Posted July 26, 2013
Somerset Academy Middle is truly a blessing to the community! I am pleased with the academic growth of my child. The school is well ran, the teachers actually care and the administrators have an open door policy. My child is nowhere near perfect! But Somerset worked through all her faults and gave her the needed attention in reading and helped me with her behavior. Her last school, which was a public school, I won't name wouldn't take the time to see why she had issues. They would treat her like she was second class and wanted to suspend her for everything. Somersets environment was positive and helped us change my child to a student who now cares about her school work. I recommend this school to anyone. It's small setting and supportive staff is great. Somerset Middle is an A school again and I can see why! My child will be there until she graduates in 5 years.

Posted December 01, 2012
Why anyone would attend this school is beyond me. Horrific bullying among students and even between teachers. Completely unqualified teachers. Students are forcefed FCAT the entire year. Terrible food with very small portions. All seated at desks doing busywork. In one year six teachers left DURING the school year. That's a big clue that this school is a joke.

Somerset Academy-Middle, Eagle Campus 4

Posted June 10, 2011
Very good school love the staff, teachers, and the principal leadership. This school is very good for the very young child and for the older children good leadership. its a A school in my book.

Somerset Academy-Middle, Eagle Campus
8985 Lone Star Road, Jacksonville, FL  32211
Last modified Somerset Academy-Middle, Eagle Campus is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.