School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

High performing charter school by Florida Department of Education Florida School of Excellence for new standards readiness by PCG and Florida Department of Education Florida State Science Olympiad Champion School STEM initiative member in first coast
August 23, 2015

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
RCSA participates district teacher education and induction program for new teachers and employs only certified teachers who are eligible to work. Teachers go through portfolio evaluation, class and performance evaluation through Florida Department of Education approved evaluation programs.

Develops grit:
SCHOOL LEADER
The environment that promotes academic learning with positive reinforcement benchmark testing and of course RTI system in place.

Develops respect:
SCHOOL LEADER
Character education program teaches important character traits that is blended with curriculum in different forms as targeted by Florida Department of Education standards.

Develops empathy:
SCHOOL LEADER
Open door policy for administrators and live data for grades schoolwide student information system that gives complete academic and behavior performance data. Tutoring during recess, after school , weekends are free of charge.

Develops honesty:
SCHOOL LEADER
The school system has many checks and balances in fairness from internal departments to district to state and national audits.

Message to families

Posted April 14, 2013
This is the first year my daughter has attended the school. We were previously in a private school. I didn't realize how far behind she was academically due to a lack of pride in her work. The teachers and I worked with her and she has made the A-B honor roll. She is excited about school. She loves the teachers and her friends! I love the discipline and structure. I love that fact they teach the children that they are responsible for their actions. Best school ever!

Posted September 25, 2012
My kids have been attending for 3 years . This is a great school . Safe and challenging for my child.

Posted March 24, 2011
This is the first year that the elementary school has been in operation and the first year that my children (grades 2 and 4) have attended the school. I took my children out of our local public elementary school (Windy Hill) and enrolled them here after I was far from satisfied with the education my children were receiving, and the amount of disciplinary issues that seemed to constantly disrupt their classroom learning time. River City is a wonderful difference! The staff at the school are lovely! They are so personable and truly love the children. They are hard working and strive very hard to make certain that your child is doing their absolute best! The size of the school makes it feel very cozy and secure, which is good for the little ones. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the curriculum that they follow and the progress I see my children making is remarkable! Im so grateful that this school exsists and feel very blessed that we have an opportunity to attend such a wonderful place so close to our home! Free after school tutoring and clubs, multiple P/T conferences throughout the year, and uniforms. Private school education and setting for the public school price! Who wouldnt LOVE that one!?!?!?

River City Science Elementary Academy
7555 Beach blvd Jacksonville FL 32216, Jacksonville, FL  32216
Last modified River City Science Elementary Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River City Science Elementary Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top