Posted January 06, 2014
Hey, 8th grade student here currently attending DCSA. Thankfully, it's my last year. I don't think I could last another year. There are so many racist people, and we've been on lockdown multiple times over the past 3 years I've been here. It's terrible! We even had 3 or 4 fights in a single day once. Then some teachers get excited about them and wanted details or say that they probably deserved it. The bullying isn't noticed either and the schoolwork is ridiculous. I'm supposedly in 3 Advanced classes but we learn the same things as everyone else. Let's not forget last year, where we had 6 different Math teachers throughout the year; all either quit or were fired. Plus, I'm not even sure if we have a principal yet and it's halfway through the school year. If we do, I've never seen him! Parents, do NOT send your child here. Worst mistake ever.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 18, 2013
Please help, most schools are only as good as the parents. We all need to support our school and help the school improve.The school is very clean, and is a good learning space, the children are safe,that a good start ! I think my grandson is doing good there , he is learning how to get a long with others , and that is a very good thing!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 13, 2013
The video on their website is a joke. Charter Schools USA sees your child as a dollar sign and nothing more. They shove 27 students in a classroom and expect teachers to perform miracles. They let anyone into the school to make the count higher (more money for the company). The new principal that came from the district has quit before the first quarter even finished. I feel sorry for the good, hard working teachers and students who are still there. Shame on CSUSA and their CEO for ignoring the teachers' cries for help.

Posted October 10, 2013
This school is terrible. I was a staff member there. The administration was lacking structure. The corporate office is even worse. They can not keep a principal at the school. In 3 years going on 5th principal. Corporate office does not know how to run a school. Schools should not be corporate run. Grade keeps going down. Kids bring guns and knifes to school which are never reported. Their are bully threats and severe threats that keep JSO occupied at the school. Rumors are the school will be closing.

Posted September 30, 2013
This school is HORRIBLE I'm looking to transfer my kids. My son is being hit and bullied by middle school kids and nothing is being done!and my daughter is just being passed along with all A's and she still doesn't understand the work. Closed this school down!!!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
I'm a previous parent to this school. This school has had it's rough couple of years but will not give up. The school is determine to succeed for the children that attend this school and I believe they will turn around this school year.

Posted September 10, 2013
i went to this school for most of 6th, 7th, and the beginning of 8th grade. i DO NOT advise you send your child to this school WHAT SO EVER. there are no stable teachers what so ever, and the ones that stay long enough, barely taught at all. the principal at that school told us that "she didn't want to hear anything from us, if we had a problem" and she would send us right back to class. do you honestly think that's fair to your child? do you think you would want your child in a school like that? the only way this school would improve is for it to be shut down.

Posted August 27, 2013
This school is horrible! It is the second week and I am looking to transfer my child. I wish I would have moved her to Baymeadows as I was instructed by my friends. Really disappointed in this charter school. I wish I would have read these reviews. It has not changed since 2011 according to the reviews. The before/after school care is horrific! They do not follow the policies and procedures outlined in their handbook. The classroom enviroment is awful according to my child. I have addressed my concerns with school personnel and they take up for the teachers. I am very concerned that my staright A student is going to fall behind attending this school. Hoping for an opening in Baymeadows!

Posted May 16, 2013
This school has been the biggest disapointment . I would not recommend it to anyone.not safe and they keep everything a secret .middle school should not even be open.they should loose there charter.if something major does not change someone will get hurt. I think it should be closed ..

Duval Charter School At Arlington 5

Posted August 23, 2012
This year the school has it together! The first day was a awful with dismissal but the teachers did what they could to get the students out as quickly as they could. Teachers were out in the rain getting soaked and they still had smiles on their faces. Each time I walk into the school I am greeted by all the staff with smiling faces and my son's teacher is amazing! All of these negative comments about the staff from last year are not at all true this year. The school is a totally different and a positive environment now. Also, the new principal is great!

Duval Charter School At Arlington
100 Bell-Tel Way, Jacksonville, FL  32216
Last modified Duval Charter School At Arlington is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Duval Charter School At Arlington Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top