Jacksonville School for Autism 1

Posted January 08, 2015
I haven t worked long at JSA, but it s been a nightmare. I was thrown into doing things I had no training on doing. On top of that, therapists are always leaving (quitting I m guessing), and then new therapists are brought in with no behavioral background to take over the programs ( I'm guessing because JSA can pay them cheaply) poor kids. I've already been scolded by the educational director, who does not treat her employees with respect. She is insanely nice to employees while parents are around, but when they aren't, she s plain rude. I can only imagine what she says behind my back, considering I've already overheard her talking about other employees in such a negative manner really professional. I m NOT the only disgruntled employee at JSA, if you talk to any employee there, they will tell you the same or be scared to!

Jacksonville School for Autism 1

Posted January 04, 2015
I've worked at many schools before, and this is by far the worst! I will say, the kids and their parents are amazing, but the leadership is aweful. I thought I was walking into a good situation ( from the outside it looks like a well-ran facility ) but its not, its very chaotic , unorganized, and leadership likes to talk-down to their employees ( very narcissistic and unprofessional). Leadership also tends to display clear favoritism and recruits close friends to work for them, which is a dual relationship that no one is OK with... You are paid hourly, yet expected to work a TON at home. Everyone complains about everyone, the Educational Director will complain about her boss " Uhg I have to go upstairs to see that witch again." But in all honestly, everyone complains about the owner, and how disrespectful she is to her staff. Same with the Educational Director... no one respects them, it is an awful environment, and I have no idea how others put up with it. If you are an outspoken person, who sticks up for yourself, you wont last long here.

Jacksonville School for Autism 5

Posted May 02, 2013
My son Tyler has been enrolled at JSA for 3 years. I couldn't be happier with the Achievements & strides they have done to push my son to learn to thrive in this day & age. I have great appreciation for this school. Thank you JSA Sincerely Teresa Davis

Jacksonville School for Autism 5

Posted May 02, 2013
We relocated from across the state specifically so my child could attend this school. This not-for-profit school was started by a mother on a mission to give her child the best quality education, and she has achieved her mission for many children. The teachers and curriculum are focused on each individual child, and the low teacher-student ratio makes it possible for each child to truly have an individualized education plan. The Master's and PHD levels of supervision of each child's individualized theraputic programs are unique to this type of school setting. As a professional educator that has worked in various settings from public to private schools, and as a supervisor for college student teacher interns specializing in Exceptional Student Education, the fact that I relocated to give my son the opportunity to be a part of this program, says it all. It has been the best decision I ever made.

Jacksonville School for Autism
9000 Cypress Green Drive, Jacksonville, FL  32207
Last modified Jacksonville School for Autism is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Jacksonville School for Autism Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top