Public charter
Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Waverly Academy 2

Posted June 02, 2014
My daughter has been at Waverly 2 years and this year has been very disappointing. Unorganized, last minute notices, high teacher turn over. They are not at all what they originally stated in a meeting last year. Lacked In their discipline, students out of control, not all are held To the same standards. My daughter has not received the Education she received last year. Very disappointed.

Waverly Academy 4

Posted May 17, 2014
yes the school has some mistakes. But you can't compare it to some of the schools that have been open for more than a decade. The school is in its first years. Of course it is not going to be like in the other schools around the area. You can let your daughter go to any of the schools however it will not provide security as it does at Waverly. You can let your daughter get into danger it is your decision. But I tell you the school is good is good. And no parents who brings their daughter to the school don't worry your daughter will be safe.

Waverly Academy 5

Posted April 18, 2014
Hi , my daughter is focused on academics without all the distractions Of co-ed .,also she has the opportunity to excel . Yes a new school had to grow But she is the first graduating class and I cannot be more happy as her grades and testing are hi . It was my daughters choice to apply As schools were not ready in New Orleans From Katrina . However , of I would have said to go to an all girls school I would have met resistance! Thank god & the power of prayer . I don't have to worry And she can think for herself . She has mention problems with staff BIT WHAT TEENAGER DOESNT THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL !!

Waverly Academy 1

Posted February 24, 2014
I rate this school a D. I regret this choice of Charter school, and caution any potential parent considering Waverly. Students don't have a voice and school policies apear to be made up daily. We experienced too much unorganization, last minute communication, high faculty turn over of faculty, excuses, blame and apologies. a weight of displinary restrictions, which work well at destroying a female's self esteem. The school uniforms are absolutely too expensive and low in quality from one of the vendors. The atmosphere at Waverly is heavy and has contributed to my daughter dreading school. It like a job you hate but you have to work. Don't hinder your child by sending her to Waverly. This school has a lot of kinks to work out. I will be removing my daughter, can't do this again.

Waverly Academy 4

Posted August 26, 2013
Waverly Academy is where I have seen my daughter flourish from a shy, struggling student to a confident, intuative scholar who not only is surpassing my expectations but also is finding that the potential for her life is limitless. Yes there has been growing pains at the school, I do kind of wish that some of the requirements of the first year was reinstated, but our girls have the tools to succeed if we do our part as parents and become involved. Unfortunately some parents last year cared more about themselves than there girls. Our girls need their parents to be adults and provide the example in order to become the fine women that they will be.

Waverly Academy 5

Posted August 26, 2013
As a former parent of a Waverly student I agree with some of both of the reviews. The principle from the first year was great, it was really sad to see him leave. The only negative thing I could say about the 2nd yr was about communication, parents need to be informed, and updated about changes. We hated to leave but my daughter will always miss her friends and great teachers. She started an average student and left on honor roll. She was enrolled in her current school in the honors program. The greatest thing Waverly taught me as a mother is the we as parents need to work as hard as the school does to make our children succeed.

Waverly Academy 1

Posted June 08, 2013
Waverly Academy for girls is a school that will surely lower your daughter's self esteem. The faculty and staff makes up rules as they go. If there is an issue with your daughter and Teacher you will leave the situation feeling as though there is no hope because the Director does not protect the students only certain teachers that hold 3 or more positions at one time such as Teacher, Vice Principal, Dean of Culture etc.. The faculty and staff needs diversity training as well as a more diversified faculty.There is no structure. Each year there has been a new Principal and new Teachers. I was told the 2011-2012 Principal cared for the students and wanted them to succeed, which is why I chose this school. Unfortunately he is no longer there. The teachers and staff that cared about the Students were not invited to remain at the school or left for reasons unknown to the Parents or Students. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Waverly Academy
5710 Wesconnett Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32244
Last modified Waverly Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waverly Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top