766 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

there is a lack of communication between teachers and parents about situations that occur. I understand that teachers are not supposed to discuss other students but being honest about situations rather than giving vague answers could have helped. Integrity was jeaporodized when teachers make crass comments about people and children when they don't think they are overheard.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Like in all schools there are good and bad teachers. Some go out of their way while others are there for the paycheck. This school just seems to have a lot of sad teachers that look trapped either by the curriculum, administration, downtown, or by the negative teachers that foster the schools cold atmosphere.

Amount of homework: Agree

There seems to be an adequate amount provided though it often does not correlate with the topics or units currently worked on that week of month according to the monthly grade level newsletters.

My boy went to Waterleaf since the day that they opened the school. He immediately loved it. The school has a gated entrance to our neighborhood and they guard for the kids safety. Lovely halls, very clean environment, modern classrooms. The school principal is involved in most activities and overall all teachers project a youth spirit of camaraderie and participation. They have multiple extra activities and most students and parents attend. Their teaching style allows progress for students at all levels. My son enjoyed being there until his fourth grade and we wish to get that level of care and education in our new place.

My children have been in this school since it opened. It has charm and a fa ade of greatness. My children have been bullied and physically hurt on the premises and the school does not record any Incident reports. Teachers have been heard talking bad about ESE and CSS students. If you are a parent that likes to live in the school with your child then you are welcome. I am thankful my Children are out of this school.

As a parent I am concerned. I have a child in this school and I am an active parent. I speak to my friend's and hear what their children go though. I feel this school took on too many IEP and ESE students and my child suffers from having to wait and the individual attention is taken off the whole for the 3-4 children in the class that need one on one. It would be different if they had two teachers in the inclusion classroom. I am not that impressed with how the teacher's are cramming our kid's for weeks before Tests and they change their schedule just to help them pass! If the learning environment must change that drastically then it begs me to wonder if they know what they are doing to start with! I have it a two because the school is beautiful and the PTA works hard to help support our kid's.

Waterleaf Elementary is a great school. Two of my grand kids attend the fourth grade and we are very please with the teachers and specially with the principal. They try to include theater and music to the students, that is very important to their development, Thanks to them and the cooperation of the parents .

My son has attended Waterleaf for two years and we really love it and feel lucky be be blessed with such a wonderful school of caring teachers and administrators.

Let me start by saying I absolutely love this school. The principle is very involved, caring, and will fix any issue that arises quickly. This is my daughter's first year of school and I wanted to be absolutely sure she had an excellent experience with a good atmosphere. The school's motto "setting the stage for success" couldn't be more spot on. During the beginning of the year my daughter seemed to be having a hard time adjusting to the new environment which was very out of character for her. When I contact the principle with my concerns, she sat in on the class that very day to observe. She returned my call the same day and suggested we try another teacher to give her a second chance as her teacher may have had a different teaching technique than what she was accustomed to before school. And viola! Behavior was back on track and she is a straight E student to this day. I went to Clay county schools as a child, and this school out shines any elementary school in that district in my opinion. The school is immaculate and the teachers and staff are outstanding. As a parent it is very comforting sending my child to Waterleaf Elementary. The extended day program is also great

Waterleaf Elementary is an excellent school! It has only been open for two years and everything is running so smoothly! My child has enjoyed all of her experiences with the principal, teachers, and her friends. She will miss Waterleaf as she goes off to Middle school!

Last modified Waterleaf Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.