PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am very excited to be the new principal of St. Patrick's Catholic School. I look forward to the 2012-2013 school year, as we are now accepting registrations. It seems only yesterday that the 2011-2012 school year began and what a great year it has been and will continue to be. Catholic education has long been prized for its emphasis on educating the whole child mind, body, and spirit. Here at St. Patrick's, we carry on that tradition every day, ensuring that our students enjoy not only the best academic experience possible, but also have opportunities to participate in athletics, clubs, and other extracurricular activities. All of this takes place in the context of the Catholic faith tradition that gives meaning and purpose to all that we do. Students of other faiths also feel at home on our campus and their own religious traditions enrich the tapestry of all that is St. Patrick's. Our goal at St. Patrick's is to educate young men and women of intellect and character, integrity and faith, passion and compassion, who are well-prepared to take their rightful place as leaders of their generation and be a force for good in this world.
March 14, 2012

Bad
Good

My child is enrolled in VPK and so far we have no regrets!! The teachers, staff and the Principal are very accomodating!! Staff and volunteers always greet you with a smile every morning.. I am looking forward to enroll her next year.. They are building a new School and church and My family is very excited to move in to the new school next year.

We are new to St. Patrick's Catholic School for the 2013-2014 school year. We have two children who attend there. We have been treated respectfully and have felt welcomed by the teachers and the staff members that we have encountered. We are Step Up for Students recipients and this scholarship process has been easy. We were told upfront what fees would be out-of-pocket for us after the scholarship had been applied. The 5th grade teacher has been very accommodating in working with our child. The kindergarten teacher has been kind and proactive with our child. Parent volunteers are required to attend a sexual abuse prevention program and be fingerprinted before volunteering. I think this is important for the safety of students. It's only been one semester since our children have started at St. Patrick's but so far, we are very pleased. Also, the school secretary, Della, is quite efficient and very knowledgeable!

We have loved this school ever since we took stepped in. Everyone from the staff to the teachers are wonderful, they treat you like family and know you and your kids. Our child is in PRE-K now and we absolutely love the PREK director. She is awesome with the kids and I feel so good about leaving my child here. Thank you, St. Patricks!

The 5th grade teacher Alice Croake is mean and noon for belittling the children in her class. She has zero patience for boys and lets it be known that she has a class favorite. She writes students names on the board who do not participate in fund raisers that are optional and tells them how disappointing they are because they didn't participate.

The principal is on a power trip and is not supportive of the faculty or parents when given the chance. Disappointed, we had higher hopes for this school. The unchristian attitude of the principal is why we are leaving the school.

I drive 30 Minutes to get to St.Patrick's and it is well worth it.The Faculty Staff & Fr.Liquori are just wonderful

If you are a step up for students scholarship parent please take caution when considering this school. The staff is very nice; however, they do not disclose all fees. Make sure you get any repayment agreement in writing and not verbally or you will be held reliable. I was under the impression that being a christian school they would be honest and forthcoming, I was sadly mistaken. Very dissappointed parent.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 14, 2012

St. Patrick's is a GREAT school! The curriculum is at least a full year ahead of Duval Public schools. The staff and students do not make any student, new or returning, feel any differently; they welcome everyone as all part of the same family. Every parent is different and their parenting style is different, so unfortunately there are those "bad apples" that attend the school. Some students are able to overcome the standards, structure, and curriculum to become successful at St. Patrick's, others are not. The bottom line is parents who make the sacrifice to send their child to a private school, will also take the necessary steps to help their child adjust to the different environment from previous schools. When bullying is discovered, it is squashed immediately by the staff. Unfortunately, based on parenting, it exists everywhere, but it is not tolerated at St. Patrick's by any means. It is important for those people who have rated this school poorly to realize that kids will be kids, and child rearing is the responsibility of the parent, not the school. No place is perfect, but I would not send my children to any other school other than St. Patrick's.

My Kids love St. Patrick! Education is important, providing a solid catholic education is important, but most important is how my grandkids feel about themselves and how they feel about school. As a grandparent and the guardian of my 2 grandkids I have been exceptionally happy by the education and the catholic education they have received. St. Patrick provides balance. My grandkids love their school, it's not a day I don't hear about what they did, The teachers recognizes each child potential and then build upon it. My grandson is an example of that. He came to St. Patrick in 2nd grade, he was somewhat quiet, struggled reading and didn't show much interest in school. Today I see a different child. Instead of being loss in a classroom, he was able to get the attention he needed. St. Patrick teaches them to care about others as well as themselves. Last year my granddaughter insisted that instead of gifts for her birthday that everyone give money for Haiti. I can say that it is because of me that she did that, but I will be honest and say that it came from what she gets from St. Patrick. St. Patrick's School offers a strong education, where our children feel safe and loved.

Last modified Saint Patricks is a Private school that serves grades PK-8