PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We are so glad you have come to check out our school here at GreatSchools. You can catch a virtual glimpse of the truly amazing school we are. However, as is with anything virtual, it is limited in what you can truly perceive. We invite you to come by and get to know us. Set up a tour of our school to meet our outstanding faculty and staff; and to see our happy and engaged students. In the classrooms, on the athletic fields, and most importantly in growing our faith, our students excel in so many ways. Our school has a powerful sense of community and the energy to build together positively. We would love for your family to become a part of ours: You Belong Here.
June 16, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

San Jose Catholic School 4

Posted April 17, 2015
My Daughter had a wonderful year in PK4, here. I found it very easy to talk and communicate with her educators about her needs. It'd have been 5 stars if it were not for an ill tempered person handling their accounting. I would have also liked to have seen her challenged a little more because she came in already knowing how to read and count amongst other things. However, I loved that they focused on her emotional development because she was a gifted student and that was not something I had really expected. Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. May, Mrs. Lemon all had a wonderful impact on my little girl and I would not have changed the last year of our lives for anything. Thank you, SJCS.

San Jose Catholic School 1

Posted January 21, 2015
the children there at San Jose Catholic are rude and do not exemplify Christian behavior

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 16, 2014

San Jose Catholic School 1

Posted February 03, 2014
San Jose Catholic Administration needs to make changes to retain the families they have--instead of encouraging current families to spread the word to their friends about how great the school is in order to recruit new students. Only changes this year has been rebranding. Weekly newsletter contains no useful information.

Posted February 03, 2014
I have a child at San Jose Catholic Grade School. This school has extremely high standards for both the students and the faculty, and I feel that the preparation for high school has been excellent. Some of the faculty there deserve special praise as truly talented educators: Mrs. Gray, Mrs. Moore, Mrs. Karel, Mrs. Dowell, Mrs. Cratem, Mrs. Montvillas, Mrs. Thomy, Mrs. Loadholtz and Mrs. Chin. A special comment must be made about first year principal, Brian Wheeler. He has proven to be a man of uncompromising character, insight, and leadership. He has shown a tremendous amount of involvement and caring for the students in this school, and is the type of man that you want as a role model for your children.

Posted January 30, 2014
This is a great school. My youngest is attending and my oldest is in college. I have been through both public and private schools in Jacksonville. As a parent who is focused on my child's skills, I find that this school does a superior job. My eldest graduated from Stanton's IB program and I feel that the foundation lain with my youngest at this school is far better than the preparation that my IB student received at other schools in Jacksonville. I like the culture of the school. At most schools, the parents are blown off when concerns are raised. Not here - the staff tries very hard to address concerns. It takes a village and I feel that San Jose Catholic School tries very hard to be that village.

San Jose Catholic School 3

Posted December 26, 2013
May God watch over all the parents, faculty, staff and most of all students at this school as they start a new chapter with their new Principal. Pay close attention to all he says and does.

Posted December 02, 2013
My children have been attending SJCS for the past 5 years. I feel so blessed that our family has been a part of this community. The academics in the school are of the highest caliber; the parents are involved and supportive; and the athletics are outstanding. We have had the pleasure of acquiring a new principal, who has brought with him an energy and commitment to growth and enrichment and I am so glad that he has joined us in our continued spiritual and academic growth.

Posted December 02, 2013
We have been more than happy with the academics and the overall community at SJC.

Posted December 02, 2013
This school is amazing! It is my little gem - it is the treasure I have found for my children! The family focused, Christ centered philosophy of the school is seen in ever aspect of my children's education and experience. I cannot say enough about how very pleased we are with our choice and how blessed we feel to be a part of the San Jose Family!!!

San Jose Catholic School
3619 Toledo Rd, Jacksonville, FL  32217
Last modified San Jose Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8