Posted June 16, 2014
My children have had a wonderful and positive experience in this school dedicated to a true Catholic identity. My son came from a public school where he was identified as a trouble maker and under achiever. The teachers and administration of resurrection catholic school helped him to realize his potential as child of God and he is succeeding in high school academically , socially and spiritually!

Posted June 13, 2014
This school has been an a safe and Christ centered haven for my children since we arrived three years ago. I have not seen the bullying mentioned in previous posts. In fact, teachers refer all conflicts to the principal, guidance counselor, and religion teachers. The pastor is also always available and supportive. My family has been blessed to be in this school and I would strongly encourage anyone interested in sending your children here to talk to satisfied and appreciative parents as well as disgruntled ones.

Posted June 13, 2014
The students of Resurrection love their school so much that after they graduate from college they come back to teach at the school. Yes , that is correct there are two former students teaching. Also, after the children graduate they come back to visit their teachers and volunteer their time. They also have two former students helping out in the extension program. To me this says it all what a wonderful school Resurrection is. I highly recommend this school if you want a loving, Christian and family oriented school to look out for your child. My children were VERY happy there.

Posted June 13, 2014
My son went to Resurrection from 1st to 8th grade. He has social anxiety issues and was always treated with love from teachers, staff and students. Awesome school with a true Catholic identity.

Resurrection Parish School 1

Posted June 04, 2014
My daughter has been bullied for three years at this school. Only after getting the priest and principle involved, did the bullying go from verbal and isolation to physical. Not only that, the BULLY, not the victims, are given awards and such for citizenship. What a joke!!! I have talked with many that tell me the same thing is happening to them as well. My daughter never wants to return to this school. The teachers, with a few exceptions, are complacent, turn their backs to not see what is going on, treats the children horribly (such as making my daughter apologize to the bully) and just have no clue what a Christian way of life is. Also disappointed that there was no follow through from the church to make sure things were improving. If there had, Father would see that it is physical now. Sad.

Posted June 03, 2014
I had 3 children graduate from Resurrection. My kids did awesome in High School and I thank the teachers at Resurrection for all their help and guidance. My children where very happy while they were at this school and so was I. My experience here was positive and I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone, Catholic or not they are all treated the same!

Posted June 02, 2014
I am a parent of two daughters that attended Resurrection. My daughters were both intellectually prepared for high school and were ahead of many of their peers, particularly in English. The small family atmosphere is what initially drew me to Resurrection School. My children made lasting friendships and their core values were instilled by the teaching staff. Because of the small class sizes they were provided with more individualized attention, which I feel was beneficial to their overall education experience. If you are looking for a place where your child is not just another number, search no longer. You will not be disappointed in the kind attention from the staff and faculty.

Posted June 02, 2014
OOps! I am guilty. I am one of those parents who has held up the car pool line. My child was sent home with important papers and he forgot to put them in his backpack. The teacher stopped me to tell me. At one time or another everyone has had an update or gentle reminder by a teacher through the carpool line and when it is your turn you do not mind. I really appreciate the personal touch by the teachers. Everyone is kind and helpful. Both my children have been in a safe school environment with good values. They are not honor students but that does not stop the teachers from giving them extra help after school. The teachers and staff know each one by name and they really care about the whole person not just grades. No place is perfect but this one is pretty close. I have been very happy here. And next time I will pull over and park.

Resurrection Parish School 2

Posted May 14, 2014
The teachers will not return emails if you have problems and neither will the principal. If your child isn't Catholic (like mine) expect some of the other kids to not treat them very nicely. The school is supposed to be open to everyone but apparently not. My daughter was an honor student before she came to this school and now she is barely going to pass seventh grade. The pick up line after school is always a nightmare because some parents get there long before their kids get out and block the line and my favorite is when the teachers walk out and lean into the cars to talk, they don't seem to care that there are twenty or so parents waiting to pull up and get their own children.

Resurrection Parish School 1

Posted May 02, 2014
The school is known this year as in previous years for harboring, encouraging, and accepting bullying. This is a catholic school that has lowered its standards, accepted bullying. The bullying has reached a point of harassment and can be considered a liability. No need for Handbooks, they do not follow them. Kids run into traffic on carpool line, because the teacher is too lazy to walk them across the lane. If someone notices flaws that is when they start doing what they should be doing all along. There are no policies in place. My children are not enthusiastic especially in Art they're not taught well, just expected to know how to draw perfectly. The teachers openly mock the principle (in front of parents and students). The new principle has done some things to improve the school but has missed the big picture!

Resurrection Parish School
5710 Jack Road, Jacksonville, FL  32277
Last modified Resurrection Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Resurrection Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top