9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Bishop Kenny is one of the best schools in Jacksonville. The education is phenomenal, due to the excellent teachers. Every year almost one hundred percent of the graduating class attends college, going to some of the best universities like Notre Dame and MIT. The facilities are great, every student has an iPad, the multimedia design room has Mac books, we have 3D printers, and the science labs are up to date. The campus is always clean because of the amazing janitorial service and the respect students have for their school. The environment itself is welcoming and everybody has at least one best friend. The school has something to offer for everyone with rigorous AP courses and teachers that have high passing rates on the AP exam. If academics are not your strong suit the athletic program is excellent. The volleyball team has won states. Even the arts are wonderful at Bishop Kenny due to the splendid facilities. Bishop Kenny is the best school in Jacksonville at a reasonable price.

Bishop Kenny High School was one of the worst experiences of my life. I was constantly bullied by a group of girls, a clique you could say, and ended up having to leave the school in my junior year. The school academics were decent, and I enjoyed that. My biggest problems were the people there. It is probably a good school if you fit into the ideal image for a white middle-upper class conservative christian family, but if not it might not be the best idea.

If you get the chance go to one of the magnet Public schools instead of BK. The drugs and vulgarity of the students is overwhelming. Rich kids get the drugs...stay out of BK.

I attended and graduated from Bishop Kenny four years ago and loved every minute of my education. Great tradition, athletics, teachers, deans, coaches, and students. There are friends for every group of people, and the teachers and deans monitor the students behavior very well. The school is rather strict and very challenging and is not for everyone, several students do not make it past their sophmore year before flunking out, but those who stick it out learn a lot and get in to virtually every school they apply to.

Bishop Kenny High School is one of the best high schools in Florida and in Jax. My wife and I ahve had three kids graduate from BK, all of whom were accepted into the University of Florida. They received a great education, played on championship teams and made great friends. Two of my kids went on to be missionaries in college, thanks in part to their participation in religious programs at BK. Frankly, I do not understand the criticism and complaints of some of the reviews. That has not been our experience. BK , like any other school , is not for everyone.

I attended BK and I can say great athletics, academics, traditions, location, etc... Great education at half the price of Bolles and Episcopal and a powerful Alumni Base.

ive been a student here for 3 years and it has been terrible. freshman year was alright, everyone was nice and sincere. But until sophomore year things started going downhill. The students tend to interrupt the teachers a bit too much. most students are very arrogant and vulgar. it is a catholic school but all the acts at the school are non-catholic. during sophomore year my chemistry teacher was constantly interrupted by a group of kids and we never learned much in one day. unfortunately the teacher left the following year. there are several good teachers out there but the math teachers are terrible. an algebra 2 teacher doesn't even teach the math. for a lesson, she gave us a formula and that was it. we had to figure it out ourselves and we didn't know how to do the homework. we did homework on an online program which provided help, but it doesn't teach like teachers do. the math teacher is too reliable on technology to teach us so we don't get the material. I disliked going here and hopefully am moving to another school.

I was a student my freshman year of high school and I HATED it there. Students are so rude to other students that I went home and cried everyday. It got so bad that after freshman year my parents pulled me out and I put me in another school that I enjoy a whole lot more.

Bishop Kenny might be a Catholic school, but it is certainly NOT Christian. The teachers are by and large good and decent people, but the administrators are not. The administration does not seem to care about the teachers one bit. I have several good friends who are on the staff there, and they report that teacher morale is very low, and that the administrators cannot be trusted as far as one could throw them. Each administrator is a petty little tyrant who is only concerned about his or her own position and power. And as far as the students go, although there are some good students there, on the whole the students are vulgar, mean spirited, self-centered brats. Discipline is a joke. Teachers cannot discipline their students because if they do, the students or their parents will complain to the administration, and because the administration is so scared of a drop in enrollment, the teacher will be the one that gets in trouble. When will the administration figure out that an unhappy faculty makes for an unhappy school?

I LOVED going to Bishop Kenny! I graduated in 2008 and when I went to college Kenny MORE than prepared me! Compared to MANY of the students who went to public schools, I felt I was not only better prepared academically but socially as well! When I went there I had so many amazing teacher and faculty members who REALLY cared about you! Yes, in today's world EVERY school has its bad points but compared to other private schools of similar caliber such as The Bolles School or Episcopal, Kenny is the best all around school. I have very close friends from both Bolles and Episcopal alike, but I think Kenny does a better job of preparing their kids for socialized with all types of people.

Last modified Bishop Kenny High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12