Posted April 25, 2014
I attended and graduated from Bishop Kenny four years ago and loved every minute of my education. Great tradition, athletics, teachers, deans, coaches, and students. There are friends for every group of people, and the teachers and deans monitor the students behavior very well. The school is rather strict and very challenging and is not for everyone, several students do not make it past their sophmore year before flunking out, but those who stick it out learn a lot and get in to virtually every school they apply to.

Posted August 14, 2013
Bishop Kenny High School is one of the best high schools in Florida and in Jax. My wife and I ahve had three kids graduate from BK, all of whom were accepted into the University of Florida. They received a great education, played on championship teams and made great friends. Two of my kids went on to be missionaries in college, thanks in part to their participation in religious programs at BK. Frankly, I do not understand the criticism and complaints of some of the reviews. That has not been our experience. BK , like any other school , is not for everyone.

Posted December 11, 2012
I attended BK and I can say great athletics, academics, traditions, location, etc... Great education at half the price of Bolles and Episcopal and a powerful Alumni Base.

Posted October 08, 2012
ive been a student here for 3 years and it has been terrible. freshman year was alright, everyone was nice and sincere. But until sophomore year things started going downhill. The students tend to interrupt the teachers a bit too much. most students are very arrogant and vulgar. it is a catholic school but all the acts at the school are non-catholic. during sophomore year my chemistry teacher was constantly interrupted by a group of kids and we never learned much in one day. unfortunately the teacher left the following year. there are several good teachers out there but the math teachers are terrible. an algebra 2 teacher doesn't even teach the math. for a lesson, she gave us a formula and that was it. we had to figure it out ourselves and we didn't know how to do the homework. we did homework on an online program which provided help, but it doesn't teach like teachers do. the math teacher is too reliable on technology to teach us so we don't get the material. I disliked going here and hopefully am moving to another school.

Posted March 30, 2012
I was a student my freshman year of high school and I HATED it there. Students are so rude to other students that I went home and cried everyday. It got so bad that after freshman year my parents pulled me out and I put me in another school that I enjoy a whole lot more.

Posted July 22, 2011
Bishop Kenny might be a Catholic school, but it is certainly NOT Christian. The teachers are by and large good and decent people, but the administrators are not. The administration does not seem to care about the teachers one bit. I have several good friends who are on the staff there, and they report that teacher morale is very low, and that the administrators cannot be trusted as far as one could throw them. Each administrator is a petty little tyrant who is only concerned about his or her own position and power. And as far as the students go, although there are some good students there, on the whole the students are vulgar, mean spirited, self-centered brats. Discipline is a joke. Teachers cannot discipline their students because if they do, the students or their parents will complain to the administration, and because the administration is so scared of a drop in enrollment, the teacher will be the one that gets in trouble. When will the administration figure out that an unhappy faculty makes for an unhappy school?

Posted April 27, 2011
I LOVED going to Bishop Kenny! I graduated in 2008 and when I went to college Kenny MORE than prepared me! Compared to MANY of the students who went to public schools, I felt I was not only better prepared academically but socially as well! When I went there I had so many amazing teacher and faculty members who REALLY cared about you! Yes, in today's world EVERY school has its bad points but compared to other private schools of similar caliber such as The Bolles School or Episcopal, Kenny is the best all around school. I have very close friends from both Bolles and Episcopal alike, but I think Kenny does a better job of preparing their kids for socialized with all types of people.

Bishop Kenny High School 2

Posted April 05, 2011
Five reasons NOT to send your child to Kenny: 1. The academic programs here are a little less sophisticated than other college prep schools in Jacksonville, but they are definitely more expensive. 2. Here, the fine arts (unlike athletics), are not worthy of monetary investment. But apparently, they are worthy of ridicule by about 88% of the student population. 3. The religious educational classes provide little to no spiritual benefit for the student body, a majority of which is actually failing them. Your Catholic children will still be brats even after sitting through a Bishop Kenny religion class. 4. Valuable student time is wasted attempting to pass required religious educational classes which do not help to strengthen student values, and which colleges don't care about anyway. 5. The student atmosphere at Kenny is appalling! There is no large "community" of scholarly young Christians. Instead there is a great pack of malicious (and snobby) teenagers. Don't send your kids here! It isn't worth the cost. Spiritually, monetarily, whatever. I am a Bishop Kenny student and a Catholic, and I approve this message. I can also guarantee you my children won't be attending this school.

Bishop Kenny High School 4

Posted January 27, 2011
This is my last year the school. The teachers are good and so are the classes. the students are normal high school students. We all have our own personalities and opinions. The students that I have class with always make me laugh and those I don't have class with or don't know I can't say what they are like.

Bishop Kenny High School 2

Posted May 14, 2009
I am a 2nd year student at Bishop Kenny, and I am highly disappointed. While the teachers and classes are good, the students are very vulgar and their behavior is innapropriate. A lot of students are very disruptive during class.

Bishop Kenny High School
1055 Kingman Avenue, Jacksonville, FL  32207
Last modified Bishop Kenny High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Kenny High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.