Jacksonville, FL

Sacred Heart 2

Posted September 27, 2014
Sacred Heart has a challenging curriculum which helped me excel in high school and college. Unfortunately, it still sad to know that years later, people are still complaining about . Teachers were helpful and challenging, though some were quick to lose their temper. Looking back, I don't blame them, because I can imagine their frustration from knowing that the problem students weren't gonna get punished because of the money their parents threw at the school. The school was very adamant in drilling the Catholic faith into students' heads and it distanced some students from the church as I began to hear how my fellow classmates began to engage in un-Christian behaviors after graduating from Sacred Heart. The priests though, were more patient and kind and they helped my faith grow strong through encouragement and example, rather than shoving religious teachings down our throats.

Posted November 11, 2013
Sacred Heart gave my children both the educational and religious formation every parent wants. The teachers were very professional and told it like it was. If your child got in trouble, they were held accountable and told homework was their responsibility. Middle school more than prepared them for the rigors of high school. I have nothing but praise for this school. The people up North that recommended it have been thanked on numerous occasions.

Posted October 09, 2013
Sacred Heart School is an awesome school! All four of my children went to the school and were well prepared for high school and college. The middle school math teacher did an awesome job preparing students for high school Algebra! My daughter said she is so thankful for the math teachers at Sacred Heart who told her to show her work. This helped so much in high school. The teachers are very caring and helpful!

Sacred Heart 1

Posted September 25, 2013
Sad that the students do not have a loving environment. The front office staff is rude and many of the teachers are rude to the students and parents. Very unprofessional overpriced school. After many years of attending the school we had to leave and are now much happier at a different private school. It appears the 2 previous 5 star posts were written by the "same person". As they both used unusual " " marks in their posts and did not correctly capitalize the letters in Sacred Heart. Most likely staff at Sacred Heart posting 5 star comments.... My last post was removed as I specifically named a bad teacher. This time I will just tell you that it's the 7th & 8th grade math teacher that verbally abuses the children and she has not been reprimanded. In fact I called the diocese and left a message that my child was being verbally abused and never received a call back. Very disappointed with the school.

Posted December 02, 2012
I am a 7th grade studeheart sacred heart and I love it I am very blessed that my parents chose this school for me in the 5 th grade everyone was so nice to me and the teachers are mostly all AWSOME! It was a little hard to catch up with the work but I worked hard and with extra help now I am a A/B student and play every sport they offer. I was bullied in public school because I was "A" student . I could not be happier. I love it here :-)

Posted June 30, 2012
I have never seen a more wonderful and safe loving envorimen. For my child sacred heart has been wonderful the best thing for my seventh grader. I don't think we will ever be able to find a place we could be happier. I have never seen more loving caring teachers and staff. I love that a wellbehaved and smart kids are the ones that are respected and popular . I think that says something about the children and parents and staff. I read some comments that unhappy parents wrote and would like to say all every school will have its problems but bad lunch menu and a few snobby moms is not a problem. If my child is in a safe loving envoriment and getting a great education I think I can look past a few pizza days andof we are Christian do we not think when we meet a ( snobby mom) we look for the good in people and what they might be going through at home same within children. With my two children I try to teach them to be nice to everyone no matter what and that have no one has been mean to them so far! Also 10 years since Snyder has been open sacred heart students are alway top of there class " check the statics " so I guess they are doing something right.

Posted May 03, 2012
Currently, the largest class size in K-3 is 24 students and each K class has a full-time aide. No, there is no "gifted program" but most private schools do not offer such programs. The curriculum itself is typically above average. There is differentiated learning being taught at every grade level to address varied levels of student learning as well as learning styles. My son has thrived since moving to SH from another local Catholic school. The school provides a good, structured learning environment and an excellent spiritual one. Every Catholic school in this area administer the ITBS test , which is the standard for many Catholic schools. The socio-economic make-up at SH is extremely diverse and if anything, it is lower than most private schools and there does not seem to be a problem with "spoiled children". As for a teacher formerly being a "copy lady", it is possible to attend college and get educated to become a teacher. It would be a good idea to state facts rather than spread malicious and false information. If you are looking for a structured education in a strong Catholic environment, check it out and decide for yourself.

Sacred Heart 0

Posted May 04, 2010
My daughter who should be 7 grade after summer. I want to apply for her because she is in Hong Kong now. So please let me know how can I do if you don`t mind. I`m appreciate your kindly help. Thanks a lot!!!

Sacred Heart 0

Posted December 16, 2009
I am very disappointed with Sacred Heart School. We are new to the school and there is no welcome parent/ student committee. They ask for volunteers but there is no followup to reach to the volunteers. The homeroom moms are snobbish which I thought they would be more welcoming. There is no updated website. The lunch menu is horrible. I am looking elsewhere for alternative schools.

Sacred Heart 2

Posted December 10, 2009
I am disappointed with this school. The school doesnt t have an updated website. The lunch menu is horrible. The homeroom moms are snooty, and not very friendly. And this is supposed to be a Catholic school ? There is no welcoming committee for new parents and their chidlren to the school. I just dont feel my child is being challenged enough. I should have taken her cue when I asked her if she likes her school and she said, ' it's boring . ' I am considering in looking for another school.

Sacred Heart