Jacksonville, FL

Episcopal High School 1

Posted April 23, 2014
I went to the school for a short period of time -- It was OK. School is filled with snobby rich kids who have formed tons of cliques who makes friends with you and then talk about you behind your back. If you can't fit into the closed-minded school, you're left out 99% of the time. If you can't make an A, you apparently are dumb as rocks (according to them, though.) Teachers aren't helpful. +It's very overpriced. Most students I knew when I went there quickly changed schools the next year. I recommend sending them to a different school. It doesn't have to be an expensive school such as Bolles, but there are plenty more schools that are excellent.

Episcopal High School 1

Posted December 11, 2012
Episcopal High School has weak athletics and is overpriced considering what you get for the sticker price. Descent location, but mediocre alumni base.

Posted October 06, 2012
I will start by saying that I am a hard sell when it comes to schools. My son is in his third year at ESJ and in the 10th grade. He was previously at a highly ranked public school in the community. Moving to Episcopal was very eye opening and confirmed our suspicions that he was being educated previously with the FCAT primarily in mind. Since coming to ESJ my son has not only received a comprehensive college prep education but he has blossomed as an individual. He is shy and has historically struggled to fit in at times but the faculty at ESJ are well equipped to deal with the difficulties teens face. His advisor is a central support person to my son and connects with him on a daily basis. My son also disliked sports and activities and somehow the staff managed to not only foster his transition into crew, but helped him to find a place amongst the many fine art offerings there. I cannot say enough good things about what this school has done for my son. His grades are good, not excellent, but I know that he is receiving an amazing well rounded education and he will be fully prepared for college and for life. This school has excellent diversity and it is beautiful to see.

Posted March 09, 2012
Both my boys attended EHS but did not finish due to a relocation. We were very sad to leave EHS. It is an outstanding institution with caring teachers, nice kids (although they are normal teens; some insenitive and self-centered behavior, but nothing unsual). Most important it is a true family community. Even though both my kids had some mild learning issues, teachers had high expectations and tried to work with them to succeed. The academics are some of the best in the city and very rigorous by Florida standards. They are probably in the upper half of academics as compared to the most competitve US schools. There is a large emphasis on character, which permeates the curriculum. Kids must do community service and, as of this writing, the school dedicated something like 18% of operating budget to scholarships and financial aid. This was an important component in building compassion amoung the students.The teachers and adminstrators were very responsive to my concerns, even when they did not agree. The recent tragedy suffered by the school is very sad. Ms. Regan was an outstanding leader, but she had very strong leaders in place and the school should easily rebound. Great school.

Posted August 17, 2010
What a wonderful experience! I have 2 graduates and one more to go. The small classes and excellent teaching staff coupled with the outstanding athletic program, provided a comfortable and nurturing environment in which my children were able to learn and grow.

Posted May 27, 2009
Expensive and conservative, but best education in Jacksonville

Episcopal High School 2

Posted May 25, 2009
i dont like this school at all for myself but that is my own personal experiences there...there are a lot of cliques...its not completely as open and friendly as it seems. The academics are not as rigorous, especially for middle schoolers, who have a very light load. The teachers are very nice but tend to be lazy and not respondent to phone calls and emails. The sports are not too strong..Also it does have religious affiliations, so there is not too much diversity of kids. The one very good thing about the school is the arts department with a beautiful munnerlyn center, dance studio, mini theater, chorus room, and band room. The teachers are excellent and if you go here that is the one thing you will enjoy about the school.

Episcopal High School 0

Posted May 04, 2009
With 30 years of experience with private school education at all levels from elementary throught college including seven years at a member of the Board of Trustee at a different private Institution.I can truly say Episcopal High ranks as the most outstanding Institution I have had the pleasure of having one of my children attend!

Posted March 09, 2009
The academics are excellent. The students are well behaved. Teachers keep close contact with the parents. Every kind of student can excel here.

Posted February 21, 2009