San Jose Episcopal Day School 1

Posted November 07, 2014
Our son went to school here after glowing reviews from family and friends. We were very, very disappointed. The rooms are old and musty and the carpet needs to be replaced. Their supposed "After school" program was beyond ridiculous. There were very few activities available and they were all very pricey and meant for older children. The children who didn't go to a program went to the cafeteria where they were baby sat by a group of very nice older people but with very little enthusiasm or energy for young children. 80% of the time when we would pick up our son, we would find him watching older children playing video games on the computer. There was also hardly ANY kids there, maybe 20 or so in the after school. Most of the kids go home or go to other programs. We sent our son to a different school for summer, since SJEDS doesn't have a summer program either. Our entire family was much happier at the other school. We liked the new school so much, we left SJEDS and sent our son to the new school.

Posted August 11, 2014
Both my son and daughter are graduates from this great school. They were both given a great foundation for the challenges of life ahead of them academically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. My son has graduated from college and is happily married and has a great career. My daughter is thriving in college and came back to coach the SJEDS girls basketball team to win the tournament of elementary schools. I attribute their success to SJEDS excellent teachers, leadership, small class size, integrated curriculum, teachers who take the time to talk about each child in-depth both within the year and across grades to prepare for the coming group of kids and their learning styles, personalities, preparedness and other factors for the child's success. Amazing follow-through and support from a parents perspective complete the well rounded gift this school is to our children and our community. A free tour was all it took for us to see the difference in San Jose Elementary Day School (SJEDS).

Posted October 04, 2011
My child has been at this school 4 years now and is very happy here. The school has caring teachers who keep you up to date on your child's progress. Each teacher has a class blog where they post student pictures and work plus other class information like homework and educational games. Students are learning to use programs like PowerPoint starting in First grade and technology is integrated into class assignments. The music teachers on the Primary and Intermediate levels are excellent and the kids love to go to music. I am also constantly surprised at the beautiful art projects that my child brings home and the ones that I see around the school. It seems like every child is an amazing artist. Children take Spanish starting in first grade and grammar is part of the curriculum. Students have 10-20 spelling words per week and 10-20 vocabluary words per week (depending on the grade level). I also don't mind the fundraisers. They do things like a used book sale, fall and spring festivals, a golf and tennis tournament, a silent auction, and a pancake dinner. Standardized testing is done at the beginning of the year so you can see what your child needs to work on.

Posted February 16, 2009
This school is incredible. It has such a strong dedication to academics including science, math, the arts, and athletics. The teachers are all so involved with their children's education as are the parents. The Head of the School, Jean Dodd, is one of the most calming and strong leaders in the school. She inspires the children to bring out their best

Posted January 08, 2009
I moved my son from another school that tried to label him with ADD. I have since learned that the other school had teachers that did not have the ability to teach and it was easier to say he has a problem. SJEDS has been an excellent experience for my child who does not have ADD in any form. He has excelled and has confidence and pride in his work and his reading level has increased dramatically in the span of four months. He is well balanced the teachers and staff are caring and concerned. The other parents are involved and supportive, this has been the best experience so far with elementary schools. I recommend it to anyone interested in their child having a nurturing learning environment.

Posted October 10, 2008
This is a wonderful school. The teachers and administration truly love and nurture the children, and provide a broad curriculum which not only emphasizes academics but also character development, art, international culture, music, and physical fitness. I couldn't be more pleased.

Posted February 24, 2008
San Jose Episcopal Day School has been such a blessing for my children. The curriculum is outstanding, and the resources are above and beyond my hopes and expectations. They have music and PE twice a week, as well as art, computer, Spanish, library, and religion once a week. They learn the recorder in 3rd grade, and can join the school band in 5th. All of this wrapped up in a nurturing Christian environment with some of the most wonderful teachers you could ask for. Thank you San Jose!!

San Jose Episcopal Day School 3

Posted April 02, 2007
Facilities are old and need refurbishing, repainting and modernization. Core courses are taught well, but candidly, the best thing about this school is access to Bolles and Episcopal High as this scholl is a feeder.

Posted March 29, 2007
San Jose Episcopal Day School prepared my child extremely well for Middle School. She is now excelling in all advanced courses in seventh grade. The school provided a wonderful academic, social and nurturing environment for those critical elementary school years. Thank you San Jose!

San Jose Episcopal Day School 3

Posted March 01, 2007
Music and computer programs virtually non-existant. However, Engish and Spanish are strong.

San Jose Episcopal Day School
7423 San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32217
Last modified San Jose Episcopal Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
San Jose Episcopal Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top