PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Depending on the grade, homework is accurately given. I am very happy that my son has time for things.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers kindly help teach your students all the manners, honesty, integrity, and fairness. The school is really great; and eve if you are not Christian, you will love this school. The school seems a little cheap, but the amount of education is amazing.

Our son went to school here after glowing reviews from family and friends. We were very, very disappointed. The rooms are old and musty and the carpet needs to be replaced. Their supposed "After school" program was beyond ridiculous. There were very few activities available and they were all very pricey and meant for older children. The children who didn't go to a program went to the cafeteria where they were baby sat by a group of very nice older people but with very little enthusiasm or energy for young children. 80% of the time when we would pick up our son, we would find him watching older children playing video games on the computer. There was also hardly ANY kids there, maybe 20 or so in the after school. Most of the kids go home or go to other programs. We sent our son to a different school for summer, since SJEDS doesn't have a summer program either. Our entire family was much happier at the other school. We liked the new school so much, we left SJEDS and sent our son to the new school.

Both my son and daughter are graduates from this great school. They were both given a great foundation for the challenges of life ahead of them academically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. My son has graduated from college and is happily married and has a great career. My daughter is thriving in college and came back to coach the SJEDS girls basketball team to win the tournament of elementary schools. I attribute their success to SJEDS excellent teachers, leadership, small class size, integrated curriculum, teachers who take the time to talk about each child in-depth both within the year and across grades to prepare for the coming group of kids and their learning styles, personalities, preparedness and other factors for the child's success. Amazing follow-through and support from a parents perspective complete the well rounded gift this school is to our children and our community. A free tour was all it took for us to see the difference in San Jose Elementary Day School (SJEDS).

My child has been at this school 4 years now and is very happy here. The school has caring teachers who keep you up to date on your child's progress. Each teacher has a class blog where they post student pictures and work plus other class information like homework and educational games. Students are learning to use programs like PowerPoint starting in First grade and technology is integrated into class assignments. The music teachers on the Primary and Intermediate levels are excellent and the kids love to go to music. I am also constantly surprised at the beautiful art projects that my child brings home and the ones that I see around the school. It seems like every child is an amazing artist. Children take Spanish starting in first grade and grammar is part of the curriculum. Students have 10-20 spelling words per week and 10-20 vocabluary words per week (depending on the grade level). I also don't mind the fundraisers. They do things like a used book sale, fall and spring festivals, a golf and tennis tournament, a silent auction, and a pancake dinner. Standardized testing is done at the beginning of the year so you can see what your child needs to work on.

This school is incredible. It has such a strong dedication to academics including science, math, the arts, and athletics. The teachers are all so involved with their children's education as are the parents. The Head of the School, Jean Dodd, is one of the most calming and strong leaders in the school. She inspires the children to bring out their best

I moved my son from another school that tried to label him with ADD. I have since learned that the other school had teachers that did not have the ability to teach and it was easier to say he has a problem. SJEDS has been an excellent experience for my child who does not have ADD in any form. He has excelled and has confidence and pride in his work and his reading level has increased dramatically in the span of four months. He is well balanced the teachers and staff are caring and concerned. The other parents are involved and supportive, this has been the best experience so far with elementary schools. I recommend it to anyone interested in their child having a nurturing learning environment.

This is a wonderful school. The teachers and administration truly love and nurture the children, and provide a broad curriculum which not only emphasizes academics but also character development, art, international culture, music, and physical fitness. I couldn't be more pleased.

San Jose Episcopal Day School has been such a blessing for my children. The curriculum is outstanding, and the resources are above and beyond my hopes and expectations. They have music and PE twice a week, as well as art, computer, Spanish, library, and religion once a week. They learn the recorder in 3rd grade, and can join the school band in 5th. All of this wrapped up in a nurturing Christian environment with some of the most wonderful teachers you could ask for. Thank you San Jose!!

Facilities are old and need refurbishing, repainting and modernization. Core courses are taught well, but candidly, the best thing about this school is access to Bolles and Episcopal High as this scholl is a feeder.

Last modified San Jose Episcopal Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6