Jacksonville, FL

Posted April 13, 2015
I can't be happier: my daughter has been accepted to Paxon School for the IB programme! Thank YOU Hendricks Day School! I highly recommend this school, of course. I also have a son in kindergarten who is doing a great job! He is already reading level 2 and most important having a great time!

Posted April 13, 2015
Hendricks Day School is "0ne of a kind"! My daughter will soon graduate from this school very well- prepared and accepted into an excellent high school. The caring culture, the dedicated teachers and staff, and of the extra resources ( art, music, Spanish/French, science, P.E., technology and more, make this school outstanding. I highly recommend Hendricks Day School for anyone looking for a great school for their child!

Hendricks Day School 2

Posted March 27, 2015
Hendricks Day School has gone downhill in the past few years. Enrollment is down to only 1 class per grade level. Last minute hirings after this past summer has left Hendricks with a mediocre staff. There are a few that have been there over 5 years and are great, but the majority are new with little experience. The primary focus of Hendricks is now what they call ELP (Enhanced Learning). Most grades are about 50% of these special needs kids that they are trying desperately to mainstream into a normal class. If you need that type of help, I can see Hendricks as an option, but if not, your child will suffer through the education and behavior problems that go along with this approach.
6 people found this helpful

Posted March 16, 2015
My children have been coming to Hendricks for several years, and I can't imagine being happier. Any school can have a slick marketing campaign, but what really matters to me is the atmosphere surrounding my children. Is it encouraging, positive, character building and challenging. Hendricks is all this and more. When it became clear the math curriculum was lagging behind, changes were made. Parents with students now in high school say their child is doing great with the foundation they received here. I feel like my children are in a loving environment where they are challenged to be independent and think critically. Any concern I had was handled quickly and successfully. I plan to stay for several more years.
3 people found this helpful

Hendricks Day School 3

Posted March 10, 2015
I was very nervous about sending my children to Hendricks Day School, as it was going to be a very large transition for both of my Montessori-educated children, one going into 3rd grade, and one into the first year of middle school in 6th grade. I was promised over and over that this is a small school and that gave them the ability to focus on the child, and help both children through the transition. While my 3rd grader did very well, even though the school has a tendency to educate through the "death by worksheet" mentality, they completely abandoned my 6th grader, and chalked it up to "teaching independence." Umm, Montessori is the definition of teaching independence, and they never once let the kids flail around, unsure of how to do the work. I am sadly disappointed in the education, and know you don't always get more by paying more. I will say that the school is filled with wonderful, caring families, and I am grateful for the friends that the children have found through the school.
2 people found this helpful

Hendricks Day School 2

Posted March 05, 2015
I have been going to Hendricks since kindergarten, I am now in 6th grade. Hendricks has a fantastic pre school and elementary school, but the middle school not so much. The middle school teachers put so much pressure on you and some don't seem to care. I'm am starting a different school next year.
6 people found this helpful

Posted January 03, 2015
The Arts program at Hendricks is truly amazing! Mrs. Weise does such a great job with every single musical performance. I leave each one thinking that she can t possibly top it but she always does! Yes, Virginia was the best yet, such talented students we have at Hendricks! Mrs. Bayliss art class is also a favorite of my children. The works they bring home are actual pieces of art and all frame worthy! I m extremely happy that Hendricks values the Arts it is so important to any child s education!
3 people found this helpful

Hendricks Day School 1

Posted October 11, 2014
Sadly, I cannot recommend. Students are not prepared for High School. Especially in math. There is somewhat of a panic in middle school as parents are realizing this.
10 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2014
Over the summer the school went through some major changes, I have to admit I was very nervous. I can honestly say that I am amazed at what they have accomplished with the changes they made! The administration obviously knew what they were doing. The teachers, staff and administration are outstanding. Even the quality of my child's education has improved, which I did not think was possible. I would like to thank Dr Johnson & Shane Tripp for making these hard decisions even when others disagreed. I am proud to be a Hendricks parent!
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 12, 2014
Take a look at April 18, 2013 and see how many comments were written by the teachers - so wonderful and positive! Proof that Hendricks really is a great school!!!

Hendricks Day School