Posted October 11, 2014
Sadly, I cannot recommend. Students are not prepared for High School. Especially in math. There is somewhat of a panic in middle school as parents are realizing this.

Posted October 03, 2014
Over the summer the school went through some major changes, I have to admit I was very nervous. I can honestly say that I am amazed at what they have accomplished with the changes they made! The administration obviously knew what they were doing. The teachers, staff and administration are outstanding. Even the quality of my child's education has improved, which I did not think was possible. I would like to thank Dr Johnson & Shane Tripp for making these hard decisions even when others disagreed. I am proud to be a Hendricks parent!

Posted September 12, 2014
Take a look at April 18, 2013 and see how many comments were written by the teachers - so wonderful and positive! Proof that Hendricks really is a great school!!!

Posted September 10, 2014
Take a look at April 18, 2013 and see how many comments were written for one day. Emails were sent to the teachers in groups to write reviews.

Posted September 07, 2014
While reading these reviews, please notice the last three or four pages of comments. You'll see page after page of positive reviews. Unfortunately, all of the negative reviews began in May of 2014, the same month that several teachers were told their contracts would not be renewed. Coincidence? Probably not. Last year, my wife and I moved our son from a decent private school to Hendricks. We haven't regretted the decision at all. The biggest difference we've noticed is that the student/teacher relationships are phenomenal! Having instructors that truly care about my son and aren't just there for a paycheck is PRICELESS! Spend 30 minutes at the school and you'll see what I mean...

Posted September 06, 2014
The more time I spend at HDS the more I understand why so many families LOVE this school!! It's been a great first few weeks and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds. Skate night was a blast!! It was so great seeing all our families together having FUN - can't wait for the next one! I feel so blessed to be part of such an amazing school family!

Posted August 28, 2014
The more time I spend at HDS the more I understand why so many families have not reenrolled their students. As I begin to tour new private schools, I will be looking carefully at class size, faculty/student ratio, teacher experience and what school graduating students attend. I am giving one star for teacher quality because I believe the class sizes are too large for one teacher and there seems to be a lack of coordinated curriculum.

Posted August 23, 2014
On the first day of school, we discovered that the class sizes were significantly larger than last year. They are now averaging 21-22 students. Too large for the growing number of students with enhanced needs. If your child needs an enhanced learning program or has a McKay scholarship this school may be the right fit. Hendricks, unfortunately, is now known for taking students that other local private schools will not admit or those that have been dismissed.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 22, 2014
Hendricks Day School is an unfortunate example of what happens when a volunteer Board of Directors does not perform their duties at a competent level. The Board of Directors has sat idly while the enrollment has plummeted and academic quality declines. The members of the Board have failed the students of this school and their once trusting parents. Hendricks Day School suffers from negligent leadership.

Posted August 22, 2014
I think the fact that the school fired half of its teachers this summer and doubled the class sizes by reducing each grade to one classroom, speaks for itself. They clearly have no regard for the parents who sent their children to this school for the smaller class size. Apparently the school has enough money to put all new flooring in and to build a brand new steam lab, but they don't have enough money to pay half of their staff. Also have not been impresssed with a single teach there. Do yourself a favor and choose another school for your child. They will get a better education and maybe the staff at another school will care more about the children than the almighty dollar.

Hendricks Day School