No rating

Trinity Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

We are best known for College Prep., Dual Enrollment.

Living in Jacksonville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $101,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted May 21, 2008

I have three children attending Trinity Christian Academy, pre-k, kindergarten and 3rd grade. This is our first year and we have been extremely pleased. Children need structure and routine and TCA certainly provides that in a loving environment. There is not a high turn over rate at TCA where the staff is concerned. Many of the staff members have been there for years and some of them have grown children that attended and now grandchildren. Trinity offers a good curriculum for elementary students as well as offering a Christian foundation. I definitely think that we are getting a good value for our money and our kiddos are happy!

Posted October 22, 2007

Both our sons went to Trinity from K-4 to High School. Each has done very well and is completely prepared for college. The teachers are excellent. They may be strict, but have always proven to be fair and sincerely interested in the boys, educationally, spiritually and in every way. The school is top-ranked in music and sports, having graduated some highly successful, professional young people in many fields, including politics, sports, music, business, medicine, and law. I thank God for TCA, and recommend it to any Christian parent - check it out before limiting your kids in a smaller school. Because of the school's academic excellence, I know of some graduates who have boasted how easy college is, and I have never heard of any student being turned down from any college they've submitted an application to simply because they went to a Christian school. God bless TCA!

Posted August 13, 2007

I attented tca for 9th until my graduation in 1th grade. I have to say I had some of the best times of my life there, but it wasnt because of the greatnss of the school. Football gave me some memories I will never forget. (2 State championships in a row, life long friends.) But I learned a lot about the baptist school program from my four years of observing. For one, if you do not go to their church,you are immediatly looked down upon. Its funny to see how some families like to get all buddy buddy with the high ups in the school. Also, they dont want you to make your own decision about your faith. An ok school if you can think for yourself and ont be swayed.

Posted April 12, 2007

Trinity has my full endorsement. My son graduated from the Academy in 2005. He was a student there from K-4 through high school. He is now in college maintaining a high GPA. We are extremely pleased with the education he received while at Trinity and feel that TCA has greatly impacted his life in a positive way. Also, he was influenced spiritually by many godly teachers over the years while at the Academy. I would highly recommend Trinity to anyone who was looking for a school for his child where he or she would be challenged both academically and spiritually.

Posted April 4, 2007

Overall, I feel that TCA is a good school. Some of our children have already graduated from TCA and others are still attending. We have been very happy with the elementary and jr. high schools. We do, however, feel that the sr. high could use improvement. They place entirely too much emphasis on the football program and treat star athletes differently than other students. It seems that the current dean does not feel that it is necessary for star athletes to follow the guidelines that are printed in the handbook and which are expected of other students. So long as they are great athletes, they can do as they please. Academically, it's a great school and our children are receiving a great education. If the focus in high school was changed from football to 'school', it would be a much better school.

Posted January 12, 2007

I have had three sons go to TCA. I have been very pleased and they were also. One is now a nurse and the other son just became a lawyer. My third son is just trying to decide about life but is thrilled with TCA. I am in the last two years and the type of students that are here now. The football program seems to be the prime concern for the school. I believe the school is weak in English and spelling but have turned out good, moral students at graduation time. I am pleased with that. Extra curricula activities are weak though. Over all you will not be disappointed if you send your child to TCA.

Posted May 31, 2006

I found that it was a very good school, but didn't offer much in extra curricular activies off school property.

Posted April 3, 2006

I have had two children graduate from TCA and both have gone on to college. According to them they know more about english than most of their college peers. I do know TCA fell short in the foriegn language department. However, one child was diagnosed with a learning disability the summer after nineth grade, went to TCA's summer school program and then into their learning disability program in tenth grade. It was amazing the difference, her GPA went from 2.2 to 3.8 in one year. Her reading level went from below nineth grade level to post highschool level in the first nine weeks. Her self esteem soared. I can not say enough good things about that program.

Posted February 6, 2006

Academic programs are wonderful. My child is excelling beyond our belief.

Posted January 13, 2006

Overall academically, great! The availability of music, art, sports, etc. is good, however, I believe you are restricted tooooo much in music and art (censored). The level of parent involvment is excellent, unlike public schools.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 12, 2006

This is the greatest school on the planet. They care about the children and the education is top notch.

Posted October 11, 2005

Provides a good education for elementary level students. Not too sure about the middle and upper division as far as academics. Overall, great school.

Posted July 2, 2005

Wonderful environment for your student. They are a large school that does everything they can to provide the individual attention each student needs. Being such a slarge school, they are even able to offer some support for those students with specific learning needs. You should check it out; it may be the right fit for you family.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 19, 2005

My daughter has just finished seventh grade at this school. I feel she is in a safe environment when I drop her off in the mornings. She loves this school and fits in with all of her peers. after hearing about the bullying, fighting, cursing, drugs, and lack of Christianity in the public school environments, I am blessed to be able to send my child to Trinity.

Posted April 7, 2005

I grew up at Trinity, from Kindergarden to 12th grade. I had some of the most unbelievable experiences there along with receiving a tremendous education. The teachers put a lot of stock into each of their kids giving them not only the skills for learning but for living as well.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 5, 2005

It is overall a good school but the high school teachers are lacking. their is a major different in the teachers in the jr. high and those in the high school. the jr. high teachers are great but I would say the teachers in the 10 and 11 grade are lacking on their skills of teaching.

Posted February 19, 2005

Tca is a terrific school that gives kids the jumpstart they need for life.They offer more than the public schools do and do it with christian love. The kids are respectable and well educated.

Posted September 9, 2004

Trinity has done an awesome job in caring for my two year old. He is already learning his ABCs and has already begun to construct sentences. I look forward to another year.

Posted April 23, 2004

The ILC program at TCA lacks integrity. One of the two teachers is an angry individual and should not be working with children. She makes up her own rules and challenges her students to figure out what those ever-changing rules are. She often marks completely correct book answers wrong. I do not recommend this program for anyone's children. I have a second child enrolled in the pre-school classes. His teachers are excellent.

Posted February 14, 2004

We were sad to leave what we thought was THE best Christian school when we relocated to Jax. We tried one Christian school here, then found Trinity. Out of the 3 experiences, Trinity far exceeds the others in the spiritual,emotional, and physical realm. Thank God for Trinity!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation University of North Florida
Florida State College
Jacksonville University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Dr. Clay Lindstam
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (904) 596-2531

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
University of North Florida
Florida State College
Jacksonville University
College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
College prep programs/courses during the year
Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes