No rating

The Foundation Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Jacksonville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $158,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $920.

Posted September 18, 2010

I Have been a student at this school from second grade to seinor year.. And If anyone really knows about this school.. I am one of them.. Honestly.. The teachers are great.. But the Education is horrible.. When I was in ninth and tenth grade, I was taking 7th and 8th grade math.. You dont have to really do ANYTHING to pass a grade.. and Im not kidding.. Ms. Nadia gets too personal with students, and You had better hope she likes your child.. because if not.. she will Treat you like trash.. My friend was graduating.. and when nobody was standing up for him at graduation and clapping.. she whispered in his ear.. "You see? Nobody is here for you." My seinor year math teacher had a degree for chorus. not math.. Kids will give this school good reviews.. Because its fun! you do Nothing!!

Posted October 2, 2009

I'm a student there and have been for many years. That school helps you find who you are.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 5, 2009

My son graduated from this institution years ago, he acquired the skills needed to attended college and opened a small business. No uniforms, biasness, excellent traditional learning with contemporary modalities. One thing I was concerned by and later thankful was the sporatic drug screening. Today we laugh about it, but it made us consider how several other students from his former school were involved in such, and how it was never realized until it was too late. We are greatful for the values, skills learned and wonderful experiences bestowed to us from the Foundation Academy.

Posted November 6, 2008

The students here are amazing! This school really brings out the best in its students. They are like one big family.

Posted October 2, 2007

We had an awful experience with this school. It is very disorganized and poorly managed. We had to pull our child out of this school.

Posted October 20, 2006

Our 12 year old son loves it, student/teacher ratio is 15:1 so learning is prevalent and successful. Every time we have been to the school the kids are reading, writing, learning and being courteous to each other. Our son is an 'A' student and it shows he loves it there.

Posted September 24, 2005

It gives kids so much confidence!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 6, 2005

Teachers are really interested in the progress of the kids. The extra curricular classes are really good.Ive seen the art that these students creat and its phenominal.The plays that are done at the theater are broadway! To see some of these kids flourish in their talents outside of the classroom is something to be seen. I had concerns at first,but having them there for only a year I know my kids are in a great place.

Posted July 16, 2005

If you want a school to 'find' the best that you know exists in your student that a public school cannot bring out: Foundation is the place, truly individualized program, it's where they see your whole child vs. just academics. Self-esteem is important to the faculty and staff, creativity is treasured. Nadia, owner/principal, nicest woman ever! HUGE heart for her students.

Posted April 27, 2005

This school was a god send. They took the time with my child to make her bloom. She gained self confidence and was able to work on the areas that she needed extra help on. The teachers and administrator did not over react to 'teenage' behavior. My daughter is now participating in a play, something I never thought I would see. I was encourage to get involved in the everyday school activities as well as the 'special' activities.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 13, 2004

My children have only been at the school for a few weeks. This has been long enough, however, to be able to get to know the staff and students. All i can say is - excellent. The staff has been a tremendous blessing to our children and family. I have volunteered several times, so I've gotten to know most of the staff. They are very caring, loving, kind, and supportive. Their only concern is for the students. The focus is on providing the best education possible for every child. They are challenged to work to their full potential. The atmosphere is peaceful and joyful. The staff and students interact on every level. This is truly a family oriented school. We are totally blessed to have our children attending the foundation academy. Thank you, everyone, for all you do for the kids and their families. You are truly god's special angels.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab