Jacksonville, FL

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

A review by SACS /Advanced Ed compliments The Foundation Academy for having one of the most consistently well trained and well-educated teacher staff in a single school. Congratulations to The Foundation Academy for its high marks in this years re-accreditation!
February 04, 2013

Posted June 04, 2015
I love the Foundation Academy!!! My children have attended TFA for several years. Since coming to TFA they have really grown. They are confident, well educated and have learned creative thinking. I have seen major improvements in their academics as well as their self esteem since moving to TFA. I love the creative thought process, all the projects and how they are learning how to work together with a variety of students. The school is diverse in education as well as students. I appreciate the natural environment that encourages learning about many cultures. I especially love the teachers, they take a true interest in the students, and communicate with me on a regular basis. This school has been a blessing for my children. Thank you TFA.

Posted June 03, 2015
Equity and justice in education is the mission of TFA. The school is fully accredited. The staff is passionate, degreed and committed to student success. TFA welcomes IEP's. There are accelerated learners and those who are facing their learning path with challenges. Students encourage and support one another. The TFA way looks different, feels different, is different. I encourage your family to investigate a TFA education.

Posted January 04, 2015
Project based learning requires rigor. This is what my children do everyday at TFA. The students research, compare notes think critically and creatively to answer their standard based essential questions. In addition to intellectually stimulating, creativity, and applied learning students treat each other with kindness and have strong morally supportive relationships with their teachers. Students do not look on the outside but appreciate their differences and do not treat one better than the other. It is difficult to imagine to have to ever leave this strong Christ like environment and I praise God everyday that my kids can be themselves and can love others without judgement.

The Foundation Academy 1

Posted May 21, 2014
This is by far the worst school I've ever had my son in!! At first glance, it appears like a good alternative for a child with learning disabilities, but it's not! The teachers here are not at all interested in working with a parent. I had to ask for my son's report card for months just to receive it after the next quarter had already been issued. My son would tell you he likes the school because it's fun, but even he came home the other day telling me he's afraid he's not learning what he needs to learn. I've met with the teachers multiple times, attempting to see actual work, but with no luck. They are extremely disorganized and have no problems with a child being used to put up advertisements (without telling a parent they are taking them off campus) for them instead of school work. They don't give tests to measure a child's knowledge and progress. Instead, they have the child write a paragraph about what they learned. This gives the teacher no information to know if they should move forward. They are just passing kids for the money. This is definitely not a school where a child can successfully move in to college, without remedial classes, after graduation.

Posted April 22, 2014
The Foundation Academy is such a wonderful school! We have three kids that attend and we love it just as much as they do. The teachers are great and they give the necessary attention to all students. TFA keeps us informed about our children s success and allows us to participate in their learning experiences. We especially like the fact that they teach our children about the Bible. What else can I say, The Foundation Academy is an exceptional school for teaching kids from kindergarten through the twelfth grade. Jody Swann

The Foundation Academy 3

Posted March 10, 2014
I have a child that is in K-2 class and is a special needs child. Recently they had the science fair and told us not to bring our child to school for the days that they where having it. They did not give any explanation of why. When we tried to find out why they still have not gave us a explanation. Now the principal made our child set in the office for 3 hours before the school called me to tell us to come pick our child up that she did not want our child at the school again no explaination until she makes up her mind if our child can stay there or not. Nothing that our child did wrong and she still doesn't want our child there. She seems to be punishing our child because as a parent we where sticking up for our child and what should be fair and acceptable for a special needs child?

The Foundation Academy 1

Posted February 18, 2014
As far as teachers, my son had the best teachers. As far as the principal, never in my life have I ever met such an insensitive to disabilities of a child and lack of humanity and concern for a childs safety. My son had left school, with the principal knowing he left, I found him a mile and a half away at a convenience store crying because she humiliated him in front of his peers, When I confronted her she admitted to knowing, but did not call my cel, my work, my husbands phone and not even the police. My lawyer is going to have a lot to say about this. DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD ATTEND THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!
2 people found this helpful

The Foundation Academy 4

Posted April 26, 2013
My daughter has been at this school since December 2012. She struggled at first but her teachers are great and really helped her adjust. My daughter has special needs and change is difficult for her and we have been through hell with all the schools we have tried for her. This school has lots of activities other schools do not have such as dance and music, as well as gardening and this week there was a science fair. No this school is not perfect but it is better than most and my daughter is happy there. I have not had the time this year to be involved in the school much because we just moved to the area and things have been hectic, but next yr I hope to volunteer more.

Posted April 25, 2013
out the box learning that is completed in the way it used to be... recess, with time for kids to rest, learn, and be kids in between learning a wealth of knowledge from their peers and educators. if you want your child to be a free and critical thinker, innovative, and kind hearted person.... This is the place for you!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 04, 2013

The Foundation Academy
3675 San Pablo Road South, Jacksonville, FL  32224
Last modified The Foundation Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Foundation Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top