Seacoast Christian Academy

Private | PK-8

Living in Jacksonville

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $60,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Sweep tile

Posted June 6, 2013

This school is not what they portray themselves to be. The administrator, high school principal and many teachers are only concerned about appearances. This school has been there for their family and friends and the rules are not applied equally to everyone. If one of them decides that your child is not doing something correctly or believes what they believe, then your child will be punished in different waysl. I would not recommend this school. The administrator and principal would not discuss problems that my children experienced at ths school. In many situations they actually made the situation worse and allowed the students to bully certain students and gossip about others. This was a terrible atmosphere for my chldren. Once we moved to public school - we also realized how far behind the academics were in many of the subjects.

Posted April 11, 2012

The quality of education at this school is lacking. The teachers are not the most qualified - especially in the core classes of math and english. My child experienced bullying at this school and the administration turned their head. They are more concerned with appearances and money than they are the children. There is so much favortism and clicks at this school - you will be disappointed if you child is not in "the group." We are in public school now and the quality of education and the teachers are so much better. Save your money.

Posted February 8, 2012

I graduated from Seacoast in 2005. I attended from the 3rd grade on and I want to thank the teachers who prepared me for my future. I recently graduated from the University of South Florida with a degree in International Business. I highly recommend Seacoast Christian Academy. Parents can rest assured that their kids are getting a great education with caring teachers.

Posted February 2, 2012

My son will graduate this year from SCA. He has attended this school since the 6th grade, and he has become quite the scholar as a result of his gifted, qualified, and caring teachers. The school has provided him a safe haven, where he has grown into a responsible young man, with lots of friends who are good influences on each other. He has had some incredible teachers. In fact, some of his classwork has been on an upper university level, especially in the English department. I thank God for SCA, for the teachers and for the incredible Christian education my son is getting.

Posted February 2, 2012

Both of my kids graduated from Seacoast several years ago. The positive influence of the administration and the teachers continue to live through my kids. My daughter earned her 4 yr degree from UNF in Communication, and my son recently earned his 4 yr degree from USF (Go Bulls) in Intl Business with a minor in Economics. Thanks Seacoast! Keep up the great work in preparing kids both academically AND spiritually.

Posted January 29, 2012

My child has attended Seacoast from Pre K and is currently in the 8th grade and will graduate from Seacoast. The programs and Teachers are top notch and I would not have my child in any other school. She has excelled without any of the influences found in public school having benefited from Seacoast's safe and nuturing environment. You have convenient online access to your childs teachers and grades through renweb. The school is secure with outer gates auto locking at the first bell with the only access after that being through the main office where you must be buzzed then signed in. The campus is neat, clean, and well maintained. The arts and dance programs are second to none. They have a championship winning Sports program with plans on building a new Gymnasium and Sports Complex. The teachers are all degreed and certified in their fields each having a diverse Christian background. They are ACSI acredited. The fees and tuition are reasonable. They even have an informative website as well as 3 facebook pages. My child is continually growing as a person there, is college bound, and because of Seacoast is poised to succeed in todays economy.

Posted June 14, 2011

My child has been with Seacoast since K2 and is now in the Elementary School. We have felt so relieved to have found a school that we can trust to provide wonderful academics, safety and emotional security. I encourage anyone I can to take a further look at Seacoast.

Posted June 13, 2011

This is school revolves around favoritism and certain students. The drop off lines are a mess. The security is not good and it is in a bad part of town. The area around the school is not safe. There are many better schools to pick from, including public. Landmark and sandlewood would be better.

Posted March 23, 2011

i love this school it would be way to long to explain y i love this school and im in 6 grade the teachers are great and NO bulling fo it is just a great shcool i dont ever want to leave

Posted September 16, 2010

My child has been at Seacoast since she was 3, and is now about to finish the elementary school. Any time I've had a concern it has been addressed quickly by the staff and administration. My child tests at an "advanced" level in every area on the S.A.T.s and her teachers have never been hesitant to give her more challenging work when it was the right thing to do.

Posted August 12, 2010

I have just graduated from this school last year. This school does not have excellent academic background; however, teachers and faculties here are friendly, and caring. In my opinion, it absolutely prepares for students enough knowledge (both academic and spiritual one) for students to participate in further in life. This is the friendliest school that I have ever been before. My 2-year experience here was amazing. Everyone cares for the others, and seemingly no one dislikes or picks on anyone. If you live somewhere close to this school, I would strongly recommend you to send your children to SCA.

Posted March 10, 2010

I went to Seacoast from 4th to 12th grade and looking back my overall thoughts of this school are that extremely enjoyed my time at SCA not everything was perfect but you can't really expect it to be. I loved almost all of my teachers and most of the staff would bend over backwards to make sure that you were getting all the help you need. In remark to the other comments about bullies and clicks this is so not the case! I have learning disability's and I never felt like an outcast in this school. Most of the students were very accepting and helpful! the teachers would work around my disability's and find what worked for me! I am now in college and I am doing very well and I give most of the credit to this school. I still go back and visit my teachers. I would recommend SCA!
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 11, 2010

I have 3 children attending SCA. One in the preschool, one in the middle school and one in the High School. The older 2 have been at SCA for 7 years. They have been given a great education and are far beyond thier grade level in reading, math, english and just about every subject in thier S.A.T.'s My fresman is in an advanced math class. Most parents do not know that over 90% of the graduates of SCA go on to college. This is a fantastic school for academics. Most of the kids that come in needing s tutor, needed them becuase they were so far behind comming from thier previous school. The sports programs at SCA are well coached and christ centered. It is a major assest to the school! I would highly recomend Seacoast to any parent wanting the best for thier children!!

Posted July 6, 2009

Seacoast Christian Academy school is wonderful. It is a small school that provides great educational activities. We are very pleased with our children's accomplishments.

Posted March 4, 2009

Our family loves the high school. My son has recommended this school to all of his friends. The administration is great. We have not seen any bullies or clicks this year. We love this school.

Posted July 8, 2008

What a wonderful calm learning environment. The principal is very kind and helpful. I only wish that I had brought my son to this wonderful Christian, academic environment years ago. SCA takes the best of the kids and brings it out. It has fantastic field trips. My son only had to take two classes as a senior and he wanted to stay due to the great teachers. A+++. It was a very moving graduation program. It's a very organized school and teachers are truly caring, along with the student body.

Posted June 14, 2008

awesome elementary especially Mrs Caruthers and Mrs. Groom. Severe problems in middle school.Clicks among teachers and favoratism with students. Just plain odd behavior with one teacher. Just ask any student or parent of a student, and you know which teacher. Disappointing!

Posted January 16, 2008

Seacoast Christian Academy has a phenomenal preschool program! My daughter is attending their pre-school and loves it there. The teachers and faculty are great, their healthy lunch program has eliminated the high sugar items from the menu and exposed my daughter to a variety of healthy foods she enjoys! She is excelling with the A Beka curriculum and the teacher is keeping up w/ each child's individual pace. I love the school and would recommend it to any parent of a preschooler!

Posted January 7, 2008

This is our third year at Seacoast Christian Academy. Our son has learning disabilities and is hard of hearing. Seacoast changed his life! He was treated very bad in public school by other classmates. Now he has tons of friends and loves his teachers. Now that he is so happy his grades are high. Thank you S.C.!

Posted March 17, 2007

Yeah this school is pretty good. I go there and it is very christ centered and they have a very strong drama department. J.R.
—Submitted by a student

Asian 6% N/A
Two or more races 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (904) 726-0249

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8057 Arlington Expy