PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They do not accommodate even though they accept funds from the McKay scholarship for students with disabilities.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are a few good teachers, but most aren't even certified.

I agree with the post that said Seacoast is designed to trap low income students. They take the government funded scholarships and do not hold to their supposed Christian values and do not provide a quality education. My child is behind after spending two years in the upper school. The computer teacher left after just a couple of weeks and the new teacher would only teach Windows 7. We had to go to classes at the library to get the Windows 10 training. This year they decided to change the Bible class into Dave Ramsey's finance class, they did not inform parents of this decision. Most of us pay extra to send our kids to Christian school specifically for the Bible, so why would they do this? A separate class would have been fine. This is an example of the complete lack of communication at this school. The bullying mentioned in other posts does not stop with the students, the administration is guilty as well. They play favorites. You're best not to cross them, complain, ever disagree with them or stand up for your child. I wish I had known this and made a different choice for my kid.

My kids Brittany and Tim are graduates of Seacoast. My daughter graduated from UNF with a 4 yr degree in Communication and my son graduated with a 4 year degree in International Business. Both have high paying jobs and credits Seacoast for preparing them for the future, spiritually and financially!

Seacoast may look like a wonderful school, however there are some con's- MANY OF THEM. For example, my child used to attend Seacoast since she was in preschool and my child got bullied for no reason by my child's classmates during the 4th&5th grade. I soon pulled my child out of Seacoast and added my child into a different school, learning new things that "Seacoast couldn't teach". Seacoast takes strong favoritism and wants your money, don't think about getting knowledge that will help them most of the time! There's a few teachers who actually help your child and helps them out. My child and I bumped into her old Seacoast teachers and the principal of the elementary the other day and they were constantly asking us if I was ever going to put her inside the high school. Of course we declined, my daughter is now accepted into a more preztige school and we're both happy to say that leaving Seacoast was the best thing for her future.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They have very strong reputation for showing favortism and choosing who to hold accountable for their actions. A male student hit my daughter and she hit him back. As a result, she received a sad face. When the teacher called me to let me know my child hit him, she never even mentioned to me that he had hit her first.

Sending my child to Seacoast for kindergarten was the absolute WORST decision I have ever made. They have a NO TATTLING rule and are told that they will receive the same consequence as anyone that they tattle on. As a result, my 5year old was slapped by a 2nd grader in extended day. She did not tell an adult as she feared she'd get into trouble. I addressed the issue the next week with the principal Mrs. Gasfield and her teacher and they stated that she was lying and that there was no way she would have kept that from them. The next day, the extended day teacher cared enough to actually attempt to find out the truth and the 2nd grader admitted to slapping my child when she spoke to her. No apologies were given from the principal for calling her a liar. She never even mentioned it or sent a note home. I explained that the NO TATTLING rule was not very christian like and could lead to something serious happening to one of the children without being reported. The principal responded by stating that their kindergarteners were smart enough to know what tattling would be tolerated and what tattling would'nt. After that conference, the principal was always very snooty and seemed to have a bad attitude everyt time she saw me. My daughter said to me one day that she wished I hadnt had the conference because Mrs. Gasfield the principal, no longer liked her. Obviously she came to this conclusion due to the way she had been treated after the meeting. Also, on the 2nd week of school my then 5year old was written on a referral for sliding down the slide in a bucket. I feel that was completely wrong as she should have had supervision on the playground. Where were the adults when she took the bucket from one side of the playground all the way up the stairs to the top of the slide? Today, i received a call around 11am saying that the teacher saw my daughter do something, and my 6yr old denied it when she was reprimanded for it. Mrs. Gasfield stated that she was calling her teacher a liar by denying it and that she had to leave for the rest of the day and come back to school on Monday with a better attitude. These are a few examples of the things that have prevented my daughter (who has made all A's and one B every quater) from receiving an AB Honor Award due to having a C in conduct. Last year, she completed vpk in public school and brought home 1 sad face the entire year.

Seacoast Christian Academy, particularly the elementary school, is an awful private school which is designed to trap low-income students through the Florida's "Step-Up" scholarship. They are adding a grade level every school year, and will be adding 3rd grade in 2015-2016. The turnover rate of the teachers are high, and they hire teachers who are not certified. The school does not have a library, computer lab, or any other up-to-date technology or resources that other schools have. Resources, such as music, P.E., Spanish, and Art are conducted in the classroom due to limited space. There is no special education teacher or teacher aide to assist with students who are struggling academically, and they accept students who have serious behavioral problems with no staff trained to handle them. Please do not send your child to this school, as he or she will fall behind academically, and will not have any extra-curricular activities to challenge or enrich your child. If you are looking for a quality Christian school for your elementary child, I would take a look at Grace Lutheran School, University Christian School, or Christ the King Catholic School. These schools are about $1500-$2500 a year more than Seacoast Christian Academy, but the quality of education is well worth it! Also Impact Christian Academy is a new school opening up this year (K3-12th grade), and based on the tour that I did, and the administrative team and their credentials, this school is striving to be top notch as well. Their teachers are all certified, experienced and deemed highly qualified based on reviews from previous principals. The elementary tuition is around $7950.00 a year. Seacoast Christian Academy is a bad choice for elementary students! They take your scholarship monies and provide a subpar education through non-certified, under-qualified teachers, for your children! Please do not cripple your child this way. You would do better to get them in a quality public school if money is an issue.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

There was only one teacher this school year who was certified. One teacher had a temporary certificate. The other teacher is not certified at all. The new upcoming school year, none of the elementary teachers will certified. I know that many of the students who completed Kindergarten this 2014-2015 school year are struggling readers or cannot read at all.

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers are encouraged to give a homework packet, instead of giving homework daily. The advantage of this, is that students have their homework for the week, and can work on it at an individual pace. The disadvantage is that some students tend to do the homework packet in one day, and therefore do not benefit from daily practice or reinforcement of newly learned skills.

Last modified Seacoast Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12