PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Seacoast may look like a wonderful school, however there are some con's- MANY OF THEM. For example, my child used to attend Seacoast since she was in preschool and my child got bullied for no reason by my child's classmates during the 4th&5th grade. I soon pulled my child out of Seacoast and added my child into a different school, learning new things that "Seacoast couldn't teach". Seacoast takes strong favoritism and wants your money, don't think about getting knowledge that will help them most of the time! There's a few teachers who actually help your child and helps them out. My child and I bumped into her old Seacoast teachers and the principal of the elementary the other day and they were constantly asking us if I was ever going to put her inside the high school. Of course we declined, my daughter is now accepted into a more preztige school and we're both happy to say that leaving Seacoast was the best thing for her future.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They have very strong reputation for showing favortism and choosing who to hold accountable for their actions. A male student hit my daughter and she hit him back. As a result, she received a sad face. When the teacher called me to let me know my child hit him, she never even mentioned to me that he had hit her first.

Sending my child to Seacoast for kindergarten was the absolute WORST decision I have ever made. They have a NO TATTLING rule and are told that they will receive the same consequence as anyone that they tattle on. As a result, my 5year old was slapped by a 2nd grader in extended day. She did not tell an adult as she feared she'd get into trouble. I addressed the issue the next week with the principal Mrs. Gasfield and her teacher and they stated that she was lying and that there was no way she would have kept that from them. The next day, the extended day teacher cared enough to actually attempt to find out the truth and the 2nd grader admitted to slapping my child when she spoke to her. No apologies were given from the principal for calling her a liar. She never even mentioned it or sent a note home. I explained that the NO TATTLING rule was not very christian like and could lead to something serious happening to one of the children without being reported. The principal responded by stating that their kindergarteners were smart enough to know what tattling would be tolerated and what tattling would'nt. After that conference, the principal was always very snooty and seemed to have a bad attitude everyt time she saw me. My daughter said to me one day that she wished I hadnt had the conference because Mrs. Gasfield the principal, no longer liked her. Obviously she came to this conclusion due to the way she had been treated after the meeting. Also, on the 2nd week of school my then 5year old was written on a referral for sliding down the slide in a bucket. I feel that was completely wrong as she should have had supervision on the playground. Where were the adults when she took the bucket from one side of the playground all the way up the stairs to the top of the slide? Today, i received a call around 11am saying that the teacher saw my daughter do something, and my 6yr old denied it when she was reprimanded for it. Mrs. Gasfield stated that she was calling her teacher a liar by denying it and that she had to leave for the rest of the day and come back to school on Monday with a better attitude. These are a few examples of the things that have prevented my daughter (who has made all A's and one B every quater) from receiving an AB Honor Award due to having a C in conduct. Last year, she completed vpk in public school and brought home 1 sad face the entire year.

Seacoast Christian Academy, particularly the elementary school, is an awful private school which is designed to trap low-income students through the Florida's "Step-Up" scholarship. They are adding a grade level every school year, and will be adding 3rd grade in 2015-2016. The turnover rate of the teachers are high, and they hire teachers who are not certified. The school does not have a library, computer lab, or any other up-to-date technology or resources that other schools have. Resources, such as music, P.E., Spanish, and Art are conducted in the classroom due to limited space. There is no special education teacher or teacher aide to assist with students who are struggling academically, and they accept students who have serious behavioral problems with no staff trained to handle them. Please do not send your child to this school, as he or she will fall behind academically, and will not have any extra-curricular activities to challenge or enrich your child. If you are looking for a quality Christian school for your elementary child, I would take a look at Grace Lutheran School, University Christian School, or Christ the King Catholic School. These schools are about $1500-$2500 a year more than Seacoast Christian Academy, but the quality of education is well worth it! Also Impact Christian Academy is a new school opening up this year (K3-12th grade), and based on the tour that I did, and the administrative team and their credentials, this school is striving to be top notch as well. Their teachers are all certified, experienced and deemed highly qualified based on reviews from previous principals. The elementary tuition is around $7950.00 a year. Seacoast Christian Academy is a bad choice for elementary students! They take your scholarship monies and provide a subpar education through non-certified, under-qualified teachers, for your children! Please do not cripple your child this way. You would do better to get them in a quality public school if money is an issue.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

There was only one teacher this school year who was certified. One teacher had a temporary certificate. The other teacher is not certified at all. The new upcoming school year, none of the elementary teachers will certified. I know that many of the students who completed Kindergarten this 2014-2015 school year are struggling readers or cannot read at all.

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers are encouraged to give a homework packet, instead of giving homework daily. The advantage of this, is that students have their homework for the week, and can work on it at an individual pace. The disadvantage is that some students tend to do the homework packet in one day, and therefore do not benefit from daily practice or reinforcement of newly learned skills.

Develops character: Disagree

The staff and administration are not honest or people of integrity, and the students are often privy to this pettiness and unprofessional behavior.

This school is not what they portray themselves to be. The administrator, high school principal and many teachers are only concerned about appearances. This school has been there for their family and friends and the rules are not applied equally to everyone. If one of them decides that your child is not doing something correctly or believes what they believe, then your child will be punished in different waysl. I would not recommend this school. The administrator and principal would not discuss problems that my children experienced at ths school. In many situations they actually made the situation worse and allowed the students to bully certain students and gossip about others. This was a terrible atmosphere for my chldren. Once we moved to public school - we also realized how far behind the academics were in many of the subjects.

The quality of education at this school is lacking. The teachers are not the most qualified - especially in the core classes of math and english. My child experienced bullying at this school and the administration turned their head. They are more concerned with appearances and money than they are the children. There is so much favortism and clicks at this school - you will be disappointed if you child is not in "the group." We are in public school now and the quality of education and the teachers are so much better. Save your money.

I graduated from Seacoast in 2005. I attended from the 3rd grade on and I want to thank the teachers who prepared me for my future. I recently graduated from the University of South Florida with a degree in International Business. I highly recommend Seacoast Christian Academy. Parents can rest assured that their kids are getting a great education with caring teachers.

Last modified Seacoast Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12