No rating

Christ's Church Academy

Private | K-12 | 637 students

We are best known for quality Christian education.

Living in Jacksonville

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Posted March 21, 2014

This school is a breath of fresh air! I love the curriculum, teachers, administrators, coaches - what a difference between public school and private - I love that my child has an opportunity to play any and try out for a new sport and play... GO PRIVATE!

Posted September 15, 2013

My children have attended CCA for 6 years. We are very pleased with the school. The academics are challenging, there is a healthy emphasis on sports, science, and the importance of giving back to the community, and above all our children are being raised in faith. The teachers are loving towards the children and care about them individually.

Posted July 8, 2013

I have been a part of the ministry of Christ's Church for over 20 years. I remember when this school first start and always wanted it to be the school for my child when he was born. He has been a student at CCA for the last 2 years. He loves it and we do to because of the loving staff and volunteers. All the students at CCA are like a big family with the older students helping the younger ones to learn and serve Christ.

Posted June 17, 2013

I have been a part of CCA for the last 15 years. Both of my children attended the school and my daughter will be graduating next year from CCA. There have been numerous changes over the years, some for the better and some for the "not so good"-just like all schools go though at one point. Some comments below complain about the school being too hard but they need to realize that CCA is a college prep school which is preparing all students for college, so it is going to be academically challenging. As for the building, the school has added a "buzz in" security system, newly remodeled auditorium/sound system, and an updated kitchen which serves healthy hot meals daily. The teachers are "top notch" educators which produce well-rounded students. Many changes have taken place in administration, but this year the best is yet to come. Dr. Madison Nichols, who has taught the last 14 years at CCA, will be taking over as the leader of CCA. She is wonderful and has incredible ideas for the school. But what is best about her is that she experienced the highs and lows that the school has gone though and she won't make those mistakes again. Dr. Nichols is loved and respected by all.

Posted June 17, 2013

CCA has been great for our son... he has grown spiritually, learned a lot academically and is appreciating the arts and social interaction. Our second son will attend CCA this fall and we plan on sending all three of our children there!

Posted June 16, 2013

We have been blessed by CCA. Our son began having some trouble with reading and the school was so quick to identify the problem, and helped us get set up with tutoring. Th classroom teacher and guidance counselor work hand in hand to ensure his success. We are so grateful! Our daughter is thriving and excelling. The fast paced environment and challenging curriculum keep her interested in school. Can't wait to see what the future will hold for my kids! Right now, I know CCA is setting them on the right path!

Posted June 16, 2013

CCA has been a huge Blessing for both of my children. Their academics, athletics, and arts programs are all top notch. Both of my kids have grown in their musical abilities and enjoyed being actively involved in athletics. The teachers at CCA are loving and dedicated and have helped my two different learners both be successful in their academics. My children love school and love the fact that they can be involved in so many activities. Things such as Student Leadership Institute, Clubs, Athletics, Praise Team, Discipleship, Football, Soccer, Cheer, Volleyball, and Student Government. CCA is like a big family and we are so Blessed to be a part of it. I am confident in my children's academics as well as love the fact it is all centered in a Christian environment. After being a part of CCA for over fifteen years I can honestly say it deserves a much higher rating than five stars and believe the word needs to get out about this wonderful gem right in the middle of the Mandarin Community.

Posted June 16, 2013

We love CCA! We have been members of the CCA family for over six years and every year we love it more. The administration and staff take the time to really know each student and their family. Academics are challenging and God's love is taught. Teachers do whatever it takes to help students succeed. Students have the opportunity to explore academics, arts and athletics in a safe and secure environment where every effort is acknowledged. When you walk in the doors you feel the difference at CCA. It's not an ordinary Christian school. Come your the school and see the difference.

Posted June 16, 2013

The CCA family has been part of our lives for the past 15 years and this school has been a blessing in more ways than I can ever express. My children not only thrived academically and socially, but their spiritual character has also grown and strengthened beyond measure. You can feel the difference the moment you walk through the doors! Thank you to each and every faculty and staff member, parent and student who believes in CCA's mission...you really are making a difference in the lives of our children.

Posted June 15, 2013

We are very happy to be a part of CCA for 5 years so far. I can't say enough about the dedication and commitment of the faculty and staff. The teachers are caring and have nurtured our child not only academically, but spiritually as well. There are many opportunities for every child to be involved: book clubs, sports teams (all the kids LOVE going to the home football games!), music (band, Jazz ensemble, choir, Orff), drama, art, many student clubs, National Honor Society, MANY service projects in the community, missions trips, etc etc etc. We LOVE that our school helps kids succeed in the classroom, on the field, on the stage, in life. There are high expectations and the curriculum is college-prep. That said, teachers offer extra help before/after class and truly want to see their students excel. I've seen it many times. There's even on-site tutoring if needed. And we love that the CCA family is just that - a family.

Posted April 19, 2012

I am the longest standing student at MCS/CCA! I have been there through Pre-K and I am graduating this year. I could not recommend a better place to send your child. It is a great environment for everyone! The education is top of the line. The teachers work with students one on one. Thanks to them I have gotten into all the colleges that I wanted to! You cant go wrong with sending your son or daughter to this school. Take it from someone who has been there for 13 years!

Posted April 9, 2012

Our son has been in this school for 2 years and for our family it is time to explore a different school in the area. We haven't found it to be the best yet.

Posted February 22, 2012

Christ s Church Academy has been such a blessing to our family. Our child has attended CCA since Kindergarten and will be beginning High School next year! My .how time flies! The environment at CCA is not only loving and kind, but academically challenging. Thanks to CCA, there is no doubt in our minds that our child will be prepared academically, morally and spiritually for whatever God has planned for his life. You won t go wrong choosing CCA for your child s education!

Posted February 1, 2012

Wow... last year Laura Bush visited Christ's Church Academy and in in a few weeks CCA will host an event with TIM TEBOW!!! Not only is the education top notch, but the enrichment my children are receiving from such highly esteemed public figures is PRICELESS. Any school can give tests and hand out grades, but I have found that CCA exposes my children (and family) to oppertunities they would otherwise never have. I have a 4th grader and a 6th grader. I find that the teachers challenge them to achieve thier best and the academics have proven to be much more challenging that I expected. I love that the Christian aspect is not "controlling", but is excellent in equipping my boys with character and integrity. The music and arts programs are awesome. My son get's to play in gets to play guitar with the worship band every Monday. I could not ask for a more well rounded experiance for my children and family.

Posted February 1, 2012

I am a parent at CCA and I have two children who attend the school. They are currently in middle school and high school. We have been a part of the CCA team since kindergarten. I view CCA teachers, administration, students, and families as one big team. We have enjoyed every minute of our time at CCA and have loved working alongside my children's teachers as a support to wonderful programs. I thank God every day for CCA, the teachers, and the administration for the impact they have had on my children. I am also grateful for the Godly teachers and the way they love our Precious Heavenly Father, their students and their jobs. They have grown academically and spiritually to be wonderful disciples of Christ. My family has been trully BLESSED in our time at CCA

Posted February 1, 2012

I have a son in High School who has been here since Kindergarten and will graduate from here also. Every step of the way, our family has been blessed due to the caring administration, teachers, and other families attending MCS/CCA. There have been hurdles to overcome, but without a doubt, God has always had his hands around this school and those who attend here. I have never had a conflict that wasn't able to be resolved in a loving, caring manner. It has been my policy to pray hard for direction in all circumstances. At times it's me that has to change and other times, "things" get changed. Our family has always felt loved here.

Posted February 1, 2012

I have two children that attend CCA. This is our 9th year at the school. Our entire family is extremely involved in many areas: academics, athletics, fine arts and volunteer opportunities. I truly love the school and cannot count all of the blessings that my children have received by attending CCA. I so appreciate the fact that teachers are praying for my kids and are giving them a solid Christ centered education. And the administrators and leaders of the school are simply the best. I am so thankful for and proud of CCA!!

Posted January 31, 2012

My children have been at this school since Kindergarten, and we love it dearly. The school has undergone a lot of change in the last year or so, but all indicators have it moving very quickly in a wonderful direction. The dedication to teaching all things with Christ at the center is stronger than ever, the programing continues to improve, and the teachers are amazing. No school is perfect, and there is always room for improvement, but God is good, all the time, at CCA.

Posted January 31, 2012

My first grader is enjoying his second year at CCA. He continues to thrive in his school work - through the assistance of his teacher and teacher's assistant - who both work full-time in the classroom. When we were looking for a school, we were looking for a Christ-centered experience and high standards in academics. CCA has proven excellent in each area. We just enrolled our daughter for Kindergarten and can't wait to see her flourish at CCA as well. We are grateful for those who are teaching and those who are leading this school.

Posted January 31, 2012

This school has been a part of our family for seven years now, and our children have thrived both spiritually and academically in this nurturing environment. While it is true that past administrators have been disappointing, present leadership has the school back on track, bolstering a staff of teachers who walk out their Christian faith and who are devoted to the students. We live in St. Johns County but choose to make the commute to CCA for this investment in our kids.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • High school recently won two engineering competition awards: Jacksonville University and The USA Army Corps of Engineers (2009)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)

School start time
School end time
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • FLGA-LCMS
  • SACS/CASI
Fax number
  • (904) 880-3251

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Our parent-teacher partnership (ptp) program plays a significant role in mandarin christian school
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor