Posted September 24, 2014
First Coast Christian school is a great school to consider for your child. My son has been attending since 6th grade and is currently a junior. They have great teachers who keep in touch with both the parents and students. Extra curricular activities such as band, chorus, drama, sports, etc is offered in addition to their great curriculum to get your child prepared for college and life. They are a Christian based school and stress serving others. School administrators keep parents up to date on things going on around the campus and encourage parental involvement in planning for the future. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a great learning environment for their child.

Posted September 16, 2014
We have had 2 children at FCCS. One has graduated and the other is in High School now. We were previously at another Christian School and the Lord led us to First Coast Christian and we have been here for 6 years. I say "we" because First Coast involves the parents in the education of their children. No school is perfect and we've had both good and bad experiences over time. The administration and teachers are willing to resolve any issues that arise. The school has many wonderful teachers that love their students and take their jobs seriously by seeking the Lord's guidance. I read some of the comments regarding the athletic department and must disagree. The coaches put emphasis on playing hard with a Christian attitude and good sportsmanship rather than winning. I recommend FCCS.

Posted September 05, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone!!!! I know everyone has their own experience but this school is horrible. The staff and teachers are hypocrites. This school is only worried about one thing and that is money . Be prepared to receive numerous calls about your child behaviors and an upset child. STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted March 26, 2014
Most of the teachers at first coast work there so they can get their kids in for free. They have no compassion for their students in class. The elementary principle for k-5 is horrible. She told me my kids would get more one on one at a public school, which is lie! This school is far from Christian, well when it comes to their teachers and principals. Most of the teachers there are all about gossip and love to talk about the kids that they're suppose to be encouraging and motivating to do the right things and be good people. This school is ridiculous. I've never had so many friends and family complain and remove their kids from a school especially a Christian private school. My kids weren't happy at that school. I wouldn't recommend this school to no one!
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 02, 2013
I graduate a couple years ago from FCCS and it was a joke. The only thing worse than than their academics is their athletics. not to mention majority of the teachers and students are hypocrites. I consider FCCS a public school you pay for
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 19, 2011
My daughter will be in 7th grade this year (2011-12). She has been at FCCS since K3. I am very pleased with the strong academic and spiritual aspects. FCCS is a family-oriented school. Not only the classroom teachers know my daughter's name but also other teachers and staff. The Preschool / Elementary principal as well as her assistant know most of the students' first name (if not all). The teachers are quick to give you feedback with any concern you have addressed. New students are very much well welcomed and the interaction between grade level is great. You can feel the friendship . My comments are based in my elementary experience.

Posted August 19, 2011
Our daughter has attended FCCS since K3. She will be in 7 grade this coming school year 2011-2012. We are very pleased with the strong academic and spiritual environment. FCCS is a family-oriented school. The teachers are quick to give you feedback with any concern. The Preschool / Elementary principal and even her assistant knows most of the students (if not all) by their first name. Not only my daughter's teachers knows her by name, but other teachers knows her name as well. The students interact well between grade level and they know each other.

Posted June 06, 2011
This is the only school I would send my children. I have been at several other Christian schools, and this one far surpasses the others. The teachers are wonderful, and the students are respectful.

Posted May 07, 2010
I have been attending this school since pre-k, and I love it. I'm in the high school, and it's not as bad as it seems. We've had a lot of ups and downs, but it is an overall great school. I'd have to disagree strongly with some of the sports comments. Of course, we like winning, but our athletes have some of the best attitudes in Jacksonville, win or lose. The fine arts program is going very strong too. The one thing that seems to be missing in these reviews are the spiritual emphasis. First Coast's mission really is for the kids to get saved, and to grow in their faith while in the school. The high school/jr. high chapels are great. We have excellent speakers, and many kids are saved as a result, and you can see it visibly in their lives. This truly is a great, Christian school.

Posted July 13, 2009

First Coast Christian School
7587 Blanding Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32244
Last modified First Coast Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
First Coast Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top