Posted August 03, 2014
Our child came from a local Charter School to Providence. NIGHT AND DAY difference. We brought our child to Providence with our eyes wide open knowing there is no Panacea or Camelot. One thing is for sure, there are no smoke and mirrors! They do what they promise and suffice it to say, they under promise and over deliver. Our child feels at home at Providence. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. Only at Providence, you get more! Make the investment. It's worth the sacrifice.

Providence School 2

Posted June 26, 2014
We tried it for two years. My child had only gone to public school for the previous 7 years before moving to this area of the country. I was initially thrilled with the idea of her being in a Christ centered environment. That all fizzled about three weeks into her time at the school. Imagine seeing your baby running to the car with tears streaming down her face, and she's jus asking the same question over and over again...."Mom, why are the kids so mean? This is a Christian school!" My heart broke right then and there. The rest of that year didn't get much better, but I registered her for a second year with lots of prayer and hope that it would just get better. Well, it didn't. I've seen more hateful behavior and cliques at Providence than I ever saw at public school in our previous states. I talked to staff several times, I questioned other parents, and boy did I pray! Needless to say, she will not be returning for a third year.

Posted April 11, 2014
Prior to enrolling our child in school we had an opportunity to view a book which contained the avg. SAT scores for schools within Florida. Providence students had the 4th highest SAT scores in Duval County. Providence students' SAT scores ranked in the top 10 in the entire State. The publication included all schools both public and private. The top 5 schools in Duval County were: 1. Stanton, 2. Episcopal, 3. Bolles, 4. Providence, 5. Paxon. The differential in the score among the top 4 schools was small enough to be statistically insignificant. There was more of a drop down to Paxon but still all these schools produced excellent SAT scores among their students.

Providence School 2

Posted December 18, 2013
First let me say that my children attended this school for 9 years, but when one of my children begged me not to put them back in that's when a change had to come about. This school has been having some issues and the change in staff/management continues to go on. Though this school is termed a "Christian" school it is not without it's own issues. The time that my children left last school year, there was bullying going on and lots of cliques. Since leaving this school both my children have excelled. Going from C's and D's to all A's in their new school. It had nothing to do with the teachers, but it did have everything to do with how the school was being run. No Christian principles here :(

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter LOVES this school! Since she started attending Providence she was SO impressed at how nice and kind the teachers and the students are compared to her previous school. She looks forward to going to school every single day! Happy parent over here!

Posted August 20, 2013
Love this school. This is my son's second year at Providence and we couldn't be happier. And for the individual who wrote (Read the REAL reviews), well this IS a real review. My son is student at Providence - A COLLEGE PREP school and is thriving. I have two nephews, and three other family members that have gone to this school -- have absolutely excelled. My nephew is a senior in college, and the other three girls have Masters Degree. Please don't follow the negative reviews. This is an amazing school and we are blessed!!

Posted August 10, 2013
My son went to VPK at Providence and it was a great experience. Unfortunately, I can't financially afford for my son to continue his education there...

Posted June 20, 2013
Providence School is the best educational experience my family has ever had! Every single person working there is enthusiastic about their job, whether it is classroom teacher, nurse, coach or secretary. They treat their students with the upmost respect and set a wonderful example of how to treat others by example. This it TRULY a Christian school - no one is preaching hell fire and brimstone. The kids are being taught biblical principles, but no one religion is emphasized. In fact, about 100 different churchs are represented in the student body. My children have loved going to school since transferring there, and their grades have never been better. He will be very well prepared for college in a few years. I cannot recommend this school highly enough.

Providence School 1

Posted May 07, 2013
Read the REAL reviews and not the fake ones that are posted recently. Best way to judge a school is by asking what their AP pass rate is - be specific as schools can doctor the numbers. How many students per subject tested got a 4 or 5 on the exam. Those are the only scores colleges consider pass rates. What is average SAT and ACT score is for ALL students tested? What is college admission rate by matriculation - not just acceptances. You would also do well to look at it by most recent year not what colleges have offered admission over the past 10. Lastly, ask what degrees the administration holds and from where as well as the teachers on faculty. Leadership trickles down. Compare the degrees held by the Providence folk to the other elite prep schools like Bolles ans Episcopal. Better to spend little more at Episcopal or attending one of the select college preparatory schools that are FREE in the county like Stanton or Paxon. Providence cannot hold a candle. If you are looking for a Christian environment but are not as concerned with academics then this is the place for you. If you are concerned about the quality of education, then you should look elsewhere.

Posted January 27, 2013
My son is 13, and has been at Providence since he was 3:-) . This is the total package, parents! An all around great learning environment. The faculty and staff members are completely unique. From various walks of life and all over the map, they bring so much more than just the elite scholar to the table. Although they come individually wrapped, they do have one thing in common. They model a life of honesty and integrity. This had a profound effect on my little student:-) . By kindergarten, my child understood what it meant to responsible for his actions and of any consequences that follow. In the following years, the Providence family played a huge role in my son's desire to be a leader. I think this was when I knew with absolute certainty that Providence was our home. It's also big in size for those who like a larger population, but small to medium size classes. Tons of family involvement. Students seem passionate about & value Christian faith at Providence- it's really nice . Overall environment- warm and positive, ready to go vibe no matter what year, month, day or time of the day:-)

Providence School