Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted March 11, 2014
I'm so happy we found this school. The teachers are great and my son is doing very well. We looked at quite a few private schools before we chose Baymeadows Christian Academy. We are very pleased with our decision. Our son has been there 5 years now. I only wish they went to 12th grade.

Posted July 16, 2013
I read the recent reviews, especially the one on the director. I believe in finding out for myself about people. And wow! First off I would venture to say that either that person was not speaking to the director when she came and had a bad experience or she was a disgruntled person. I could not see the director as someone who doesn't need to work with kids, I could tell she was loving and working with children is where she belongs. You can tell she really enjoys is. The director is the opposite of what the previous review said about her. She was the most warm, friendly person I have come across in a long time. I have looked at many daycare's to put my 4 month old. After going to Baymeadows, I felt like this was home. The staff was friendly, and they children they were watching/playing with seemed very happy and loved. I was so impressed I left my daughter there today. It was a great experience and I am so glad I didn't go off someone else's perspective of that school. I love Baymeadows!!!

Baymeadows Baptist Day School 1

Posted June 27, 2013
I went to check out this school to place my children there. The DIrector is NOT someone who should be around children. As I was waiting in the office to be acknowledged she was chatting with parents about what and her boyfriend where doing not paying any attention to me. There where children listening in what looked like a TV room and the conversation although not vulgar was not fitting for small ears. I think if you are going to run a Christian school that everyone should be conducting themselves in a manner fitting the teachings. I also witnessed th director being rude to other parents or incredibly short with them. All of this I witnessed while waiting to tour the school. As you can imagine after being ignored long enough and witnessing the true environment I turned and ran from there. I have since enrolled my children in a day that is more fitting to the christian environment I want to raise them in.

Baymeadows Baptist Day School 3

Posted April 19, 2013
I have to say that I have been greatly dissappointed recently. I have several children in the school and daycare and I am not sure what has happened but it appears the quality has declined. First I would like to say I have my children here because I want a Christian Education for them. I would expect a Christian Environment as well. I do not feel that at all. Actually it feels very Clickish and there are even staff members here that do not even respond when you talk to them. As if to be better than I guess everyone else. I will say that my children that attend upper grades are ahead of the academic game. But there is a problem with Management. Sugar gets so much more than Snot. It seems that a new corse of action would be good for them. Maybe someone to consult management on ways to appeal to parents and interact with parents and staff in a way that feels good. Baymeadows has lost it's friendly feeling.

Baymeadows Baptist Day School 3

Posted January 12, 2013
I liked some of the teachers. Some weren't bad but kind of clueless as to what was going on with the kids throughout the day. I am referring to the preschool. My main complaint was my child was sick all of the time and they need a director who has experience being a director.

Posted January 19, 2011
Seems most of these reviews are in need of update. I'd like to present accurate FACT. The school uses the A Beka Curriculum, which offers one of the best early phonics and reading development programs available. Children as young as pre-k4 begin to read. High reading, math, and science scores are represented at this school, and every year, the students take a test called the Stanford Achievement Test, or Stanford 10, which accurately scores the children's abilities and knowledge in all areas, and is evaluated and scored by this private company. Since test evaluations are scored by this private company, all scoring is based upon non biased fact, by impartial means. Last year, for the 2009-2010 school year, students on average performed at least two to three grade levels higher than the grade they were currently enrolled in, speaking volumes for the level and abilities of the teachers and students. Extra curricular activities vary year to year, but PE, Sign language, art, and music are taught for the 2010-2011 school year. Parent involvement is welcomed, and the teachers DO NOT object to in class observation!

Posted September 25, 2009
I have four children who have attended both preschool and elementary at Baymeadows. ALL of my children are happy, and learning well above average levels for their ages. As with any school, there have been times over the past six years that I have had concerns or problems. That is why I am so thankful for the teachers and staff that are willing to address my concerns quickly, and with kindness. I couldn't think of a better place for my children when they cannot be with me:)

Baymeadows Baptist Day School 1

Posted May 19, 2009
This school as gone through a lot of changes in that last year, and I would have to say for the worse!! The new director has no clue what is going on! I worked at this school for numerous years and It has gone down hill fast. My son attended from nursery through k2 and i loved it. but now I would not tell anyone else about this place. Their turn over rate went up soo much in this year. They don't clean the toys. the only grade I would ever put my kids in this school would be the nursery and kindergarten. ms. lou and mrs. brasswell are the best teachers they have.

Posted April 08, 2009
My son (grade 4) absolutely loves this school. I have noticed how how his overall behavior has improved. This with the small classes, the caring teachers, and the stimulating curriculum makes the cost worth every dime. I have to say that I am amazed with all of the activities and field trips that the students take. It is easy to see how much the school cares about the overall development of my son. I am so happy we found Baymeadows Christian Academy!

Baymeadows Baptist Day School 2

Posted February 13, 2009
I have a child who has attended BCA since he was 2. The school is/has under gone a lot of change. I can't say it is for the better. The new principal does not care and the school is always after money. The tuition keeps on rising and I see no new programs or equipement. The school centers around K-5 and 1st grade, after that there are very few students. I think this school could do a lot more with the resources at hand.

Baymeadows Baptist Day School
4826 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville, FL  32217
Last modified Baymeadows Baptist Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Baymeadows Baptist Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top