Posted August 06, 2014
New Dimensions is absolutely horrible. The teachers use "timeout" as a punishment for even the most minor of annoyances (one girl placed there because a teacher tripped over her...while she was sitting at a table). I've seen the "teachers" yell at kids in a completely immature manner. The only reason I think my daughter was not subject to this is because I became so involved and was very explicit in my willingness to combat any such behavior; though she was placed in timeout a few times herself for things like "arguing" (which occured when my 4-year old daughter argued that the dinosaurs were indeed killed off by a meteor). I've walked in several times while some of the employees were screaming at the kids, only to be surprised by my entrance. The nap times are rediculous, and obviously meant as a means of providing large break times for the employees. As for the "education," as stated earlier, the dinosaurs didn't die off from a meteor, the word "astronaut" includes an "L" (to make the word "astronault") and the teachers spend more time pushing additional "services" at a cost than they do actually teaching the children. I was absolutely disgusted with this place.

New Dimensions Learning Center 4

Posted January 19, 2014
This is a great private center, it's llike a small family. The leadership is friendly and works together daily as a team to take care of the daily operations. The kids enjoy being there, they are well cared for and challenged academically. The teachers are friendly and keep you informed about your child. Most of the employees have been there between 2-8 years, in childcare that's a long time at one place. That tells you a lot about this place. This is a good place to enroll your child.

Posted June 18, 2013
This school lacks quality leadership at the director/associate director level. There are quite a few teachers who are incredible but are offset with teachers that should NOT be teaching children. One of their best teachers just left a few months ago, with other teachers not even in the same field as she was. I was so glad to move my child from this center. Now that I am at a new center, it amazes me how bad it was. You just dont know how bad it is until you have it really good, I suppose. They are constantly asking for parents to fundraise and spend that money on items that your supply fee should be covering (paper, paints, etc). A few good teachers and a few good parents are making this school survive.

Posted May 14, 2013
This school is a joke. They can not get their staff organized properly. The teacher who is supposed to teach the class is actually pulled out many times to help other classes with different needs and they have an assistant covering for them. These assistants many times are temps who don't even know how to handle kids. I walked on one of them yelling at one of the kids until she made him cry and hid himself in a corner and the assistant did not even bother going to talk to this kid. These kids were terrorized, screamed at and applied the wrong discipline. The food is awful, pretty much everything was from a can and was junk food. If you respect your kids and their life, stay away from this school and pop in as often as you can during the day, no matter what day care they go to.

Posted January 23, 2013
I love this school! My son began attending at around 9 months and has been treated with great individual care. His teachers pay close attention to what each child needs and handle them as if they are their own children. Many of the staff also have children who attend daycare in the center. The staff have degrees (or are working toward) degrees and/or certifications in early childhood education and are committed professionals. I was nervous about leaving my baby with anyone, but they quickly put my mind at ease and I am very comfortable with him being here. He loves the interaction and has learned a lot from the other children. He smiles at his teachers and usually doesn't even want to go home. I highly recommend this school and tell everyone about it.

Posted January 07, 2013
My children (3) have been enrolled at NDLC since 2005. I have nothing but great things to say about them; from the administration to the cook. They have taken the time to know my children as individuals and I could not be happier. I have always been greeted upon entering the facility and have always had my concerns addressed professionally.

Posted November 28, 2012
My daughter began school as a 1 -yr old and she is now in VPK. I have nothing but wondeful things to say about the front office staff and the teachers. I feel as though the teachers have treated my daughter as if she was their own daughter. My daughter is happy when I drop her off and happy when I pick her up - that means a lot! I am satisfied with what she is learning and the goals that are set for her. I feel very comfortable that she will be well prepared for Kindergarten. I have referred several friends to the school and they have had a positive experience as well. Good luck with your selection!

Posted February 28, 2012
This school, starting from the administrator, has very weak leadership. I don't care how many stars you have on your sign, if you can't control a 4 year old child, those stars don't mean anything.

Posted July 21, 2011
I recently stopped in to tour this facility for a one year old. I was very pleased with the service I received. There were two ladies who greeted me and welcomed me in. They answered all of my questions and took the time (over 30 minutes) to give a tour of the center. The teachers were given an opportunity to answer all of my questions as I toured. If they had space available I would be placing my child in NDLC!

New Dimensions Learning Center 4

Posted July 11, 2011
My husband and I went together to see this facility. I am not expecting for another 4 months and we went about a month ago. They will not have an opening for child until they are closer to the age of one. Therefore, we were put on the waiting list. While I agree, the customer service on the phone was not ideal (it sounded like I was bothering them), once we arrived they greeted us and treated us with excitment and encouragement. I myself do not have a "phone voice" so I understood. The infant room is very small I wish it was bigger and less cluttered, but the children all seem very happy. This included the 1 year olds! We loved everything about the facility and the way they run things. I also find it comforting that most of the women that work there also have a child there. We registered the next business day to hold our spot. They will call us if anything opens. In the meantime, we found a backup if our spot is not open in time.

New Dimensions Learning Center
3612 Belfort Rd, Jacksonville, FL  32216
Last modified New Dimensions Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
New Dimensions Learning Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top