Lavilla School Of The Arts

Public | 6-8 | 1119 students

Posted September 1, 2010

My daughter just started the 6th grade at La Villa, and I have to say that even though that was our first choice, after reading the reviews I'm reassure that we made the right one. I'm so happy that my daughter can use her spirited personality in such a positive way. Her imagination have no limits and the creative writing area is the perfect fit for her.

Posted April 30, 2010

LaVilla is a fabulous school! We love it!

Posted April 27, 2010

My daughter started the 6th grade at LaVilla this year and LOVES it! She has excelled in her visual arts area with the exceptional guidance of her instructors.

Posted April 9, 2010

I now attend LaVilla at the moment, in 8th grade, and I feel so very grateful that I get to go to a school with such passion for everything. There is your regular middle school drama chock full of cliques and trying to fit in, but it's great, because at LaVilla, we tend to understand differences more, and can work out our problems by using our talent and spirit. I will never forget this achieving school!

Posted March 20, 2010

The school is awsome for children hungry for knowledge about the arts.I got accepted!!! I never knew that i would. I didnt know anything about that school until MLK Elementry told me.

Posted December 9, 2009

this school is an excellent school! im in 8th grade here and my overall experience here has been great. its best of both worlds becasue you get the great acedemics and you also get to do what you love to do! the teachers and administrators here really care about how you learn and what youre doing. its just a great school. its also nice that they have high standards here too. you have to really have a passion for what you're doing to excell.

Posted November 25, 2009

I am in 11th grade at DA now, but I went to LaVilla for 6th-8th grade and I loved it! Mrs.Griffin is an amazing director and she helped me improve a lot on violin! =D

Posted October 29, 2009

Best feeling of community. Best participation by parents/kids/teachers. Great School~

Posted October 19, 2009

im a 7th grader there an it i just way to many students there this year and we only have fou minutes to get to class and it would be cooler if we had sports at our school but its still a pretty good school because we have arts and that can get yo a long way

Posted September 26, 2009

I am a 7th grader at lavilla and i loooove it! ms.griffin the orch. teacher is soo nice! Any one who wants to go to this school has made a great choice.

Posted September 9, 2009

i LOVE La Villa!!i am in 6th and there is a fair amount of homework but its not bad. my chorus teacher mr.pendry is BRILLIANT! the kids are really nice and i have friends that are in 6th grade, 7th grade, AND 8th grade!! if you love the arts and our willing to WORK then La Villa is perfect!

Posted June 2, 2009

I was excited but nervous when my child was accepted to attened lasota. She has an IEP , but that didn't change anyting . Im not saying it was the easiest school year she worked harder than she has ever had to. she was in all standard classes with 'average' kids and if needed to leave the class to go take a test then she could.I am extremelly thankful to her guidence coun. Mrs Sheard, her math teacher Mrs Wilson , (Mrs Smith who came in to toutor her 4 days a week for 5 months with math) and Mrs Lunger 4 her patience. These woman have contibuted themselves to my daughters succsess at this great school! Great kids, teacers ,faculty, guidence, custodians (love u Mrs daniels) lunch ladies ( thank u for feedin my baby!) and police officer that dirrects trafic makes 4 a great school.

Posted May 24, 2009

i give it all five stars because its a great eand has very high expectations for students needs and learning.

Posted May 4, 2009

i love lavilla it is so great i will go their intill the 8th grade. i am in band and i think it is so fun.we have a preformance coming up and i can't stop thinking about it.we have been practicing and practicing.sometimes lavilla can be tough but itis easy to catch up.other times every one is fun and energized like me. i just love it.

Posted April 25, 2009

I love Lavilla.I'm in the 7th grade and take chorus and drama.I love Mr.Pendry(chorus teacher).He is funny and nice.This school is very clean,there are nice people here so it is easy to make friends.I would definetly recommend this school cuz you can show your true talents and live ur dream.

Posted February 9, 2009

I love LaVilla. It is a great school. I'm a dancer there and the environment is great. You get all the help you need and you can sign up for after school help if you need it. I would recommend this school to someone who loves the Arts. So many great opportunities come from being here at LaVilla, I love it here. (:

Posted December 30, 2008

Im in 8th grade for singing and i absoplutly hate this school, Way to much stress! I have hours and hours of homework ever night, and thats not added with the rehearsal time! A majority of the people their are materialistic and can be rude. Even some of the teachers are rude. I was looking forward to going to this school, and now i cant wait to leave.

Posted November 21, 2008

I go to lavilla for visual arts and it is an AMAZING school. the cafetiria food isn't all that great, but you get used to it. btw, this is a shoutout to Mr.Lux!!

Posted September 4, 2008

I love this school my child gets what she needs in everything . She loves the teachers and administration. I love this school

Posted August 7, 2008

i luv lavilla . i am going into my third year there and i have learned so much in my academic calses and my art area(s)-band -keyboard. if u are still you are thinking of having your child or if they want to come here it would be a good oppurtunity.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

392 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

393 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

312 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

362 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

95 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

330 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

342 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

340 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

312 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

267 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

n/a

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

501 North Davis Street