Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 07, 2013
Lovely school. We miss KTE as we moved and son was transferred. Loved the teachers and staff. They have a nice environment there for learning.

Posted May 04, 2010

Posted April 30, 2010
The staff and principal are very caring and committed to excellence!

Posted December 23, 2009
Excellent school. The ESE program is wonderful. The principal and the administration is very caring.

Posted December 08, 2009
Kernan Trail Elementary has great teachers, facilities and resources.

Posted August 23, 2009
I love this school. My daughter will be going back for her second year. They changed it back to being only elementary and brought in new administration. I am hopeful that this year will be as exciting as last!

Posted May 25, 2009
We are very disappointed with Kernan Trail. Our child has a learning disability and even though he/she has received a minimum of 1 D each 9 weeks, we are assured he/she will pass to the next grade. As parents we feel they don't want to deal with our child and his/her problems and moving him/her to the next grade gets him/her off their roster. We are very unhappy with KTE and are trying to get our child out of there before he/she slips through the cracks one too many times and there is no hope. KTE serves middle of the road children only...if your child needs help don't count on it...unless they need tutoring for the FCAT so the school can get their funding.

Kernan Trail Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted November 14, 2008
My child is also in 3rd grade and it has been a difficult change from 2nd grade to 3rd grade and we are still struggling. I feel that the teachers are not compassionate and some of them are down right mean to the kids! There is no communication. I have never been told one positive thing regarding my child's school work. This is such a pivotal year due to FCAT and as a parent I feel the child is left to sink or swim! There is no organization with this school and there never has been. Orientation was a joke as well as open house night. I wish I could afford private school but I can't but I made a promise to my child that I will not allow she/he to become a statistic and fall through the cracks! The school needs to step up and do their part!

Posted October 08, 2008
My child is in 3rd grade and it has been a difficult change for all 2nd graders. The teachers have been excellent with communication. The teachers at Kernan Trail are very friendly. The extended day program is excellent as well. The staff has improved the attitude. I do think the could be more organinized when it comes to the homework and the folders the children carry around. They have around 5 folders! My child loves this school and has made many friends.

Kernan Trail Elementary School
2281 Kernan Boulevard South, Jacksonville, FL  32246
Last modified Kernan Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kernan Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top