652 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Lovely school. We miss KTE as we moved and son was transferred. Loved the teachers and staff. They have a nice environment there for learning.

The staff and principal are very caring and committed to excellence!

Excellent school. The ESE program is wonderful. The principal and the administration is very caring.

Kernan Trail Elementary has great teachers, facilities and resources.

I love this school. My daughter will be going back for her second year. They changed it back to being only elementary and brought in new administration. I am hopeful that this year will be as exciting as last!

We are very disappointed with Kernan Trail. Our child has a learning disability and even though he/she has received a minimum of 1 D each 9 weeks, we are assured he/she will pass to the next grade. As parents we feel they don't want to deal with our child and his/her problems and moving him/her to the next grade gets him/her off their roster. We are very unhappy with KTE and are trying to get our child out of there before he/she slips through the cracks one too many times and there is no hope. KTE serves middle of the road children only...if your child needs help don't count on it...unless they need tutoring for the FCAT so the school can get their funding.

My child is also in 3rd grade and it has been a difficult change from 2nd grade to 3rd grade and we are still struggling. I feel that the teachers are not compassionate and some of them are down right mean to the kids! There is no communication. I have never been told one positive thing regarding my child's school work. This is such a pivotal year due to FCAT and as a parent I feel the child is left to sink or swim! There is no organization with this school and there never has been. Orientation was a joke as well as open house night. I wish I could afford private school but I can't but I made a promise to my child that I will not allow she/he to become a statistic and fall through the cracks! The school needs to step up and do their part!

My child is in 3rd grade and it has been a difficult change for all 2nd graders. The teachers have been excellent with communication. The teachers at Kernan Trail are very friendly. The extended day program is excellent as well. The staff has improved the attitude. I do think the could be more organinized when it comes to the homework and the folders the children carry around. They have around 5 folders! My child loves this school and has made many friends.

I was a teacher at Kernan Trail in an 'all-inclusive' classroom (or, one of the big classes). The principal has great ideas and theories, and somehow pulls strings to get special programs at his schools that he thinks will be of great benefit to the students falling behind. If he's not very visible, its probably becuse his office isn't even on the elementary campus; it's down the street at the Middle school office- WHY...I have no idea!! That needs to change! It seems things would work more efficiently with two different principals for each campus. I requested his presence (and the AP's) many times for help- and never got any until it was virtually too late. If your child has an LD or you suspect he or she does, get them some private tutoring because they will not get the instruction they need out of any public school in Florida.

I love this school and have faught to keep my kids enrolled even though we moved outside of the district

Last modified Kernan Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.