586 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have 2 sons, 2nd and 3rd grade at Oceanway. They've been to 5 different schools and the oldest is 9 so I've seen many different programs. This school has a bad reputation but I dont really understand that. The teachers we've had were excellent. The biggest problem this school has is parent involvement. No one volunteers or is active in the PTA. The events are lacking. I volunteer on a weekly basis and even the teachers complain that no one else is willing to take an active roll in their child's education OR lending a hand. In the end, my children's education is most important and for the amount of change they've experienced, they're still thriving and I thank Oceanway for that.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers at this school only focus on the students who will secede and are told not to worry about the ones that need the most help.

This school has a first year principal with no experience dealing with the problems faced at this school, primarily discipline. I was truly disappointed in my experience at this school and the lack of concern for the children from the teachers and staff. I would never send my child to this school.

I feel this is a great school now that it has been around for a few years now and has a stable principal. I feel this school is going in the right direction and is a great school to send your kids

Leadership keeps changing and continued focus on FCAT and not necessarily learning. They are not given enough physical education and a select few of the teachers are far too impatient with the students. There is definitely room for improvement.

I use to go there i liked it a lot but the new PRINCIPAL is not nice at all Mr.**** is a whole lot better than she is i am sorry to say this but she is not all good in my opinion. With all due respect Former student

We were a little nervous about our daughter attending Oceanway Elementary since everyone I spoke to about it said it was a bad school. My husband toured the school and liked it though so we decided to try it out. My daughter is now going into 2nd grade there and we are very happy with the teachers she's had so far and with the school overall. The head staff (principal's, vice principals) keep changing every year, but all the other schools are experiencing that too. Please don't go by others opinion's as the school has changed a lot over the past few years.

This school needs more 1 on 1 time with the 2nd grade classes that have special needs. There is only one teacher that teaches this program and is only in the class rooms one time a week.

Excellent commitment to children and education, bravo! job well done.

Last modified Oceanway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.