Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,209

Posted April 22, 2015
Kernan middle school is a really great school. The teachers and staff there are amazing and they make you feel wanted. Everyone gets treated well and the adults there care for the students to do well and pass...

Posted April 22, 2015
Kernan middle school is a great place to get an education at . The teachers are very fundamental and care about there students getting there work done ! All the teachers are great and give there students millions of opportunity's to make sure they move up to the next grade level. I love Kernan middle school !

Kernan Middle School 4

Posted April 22, 2015
As a freshman, I am attending Episcopal School of Jacksonville. Being the #2 school in Florida, you would imagine how defficult it is. Kernan helped me become organized and managing due dates. The teachers do care and while the prepare you for high school, they do it in a way that a child can enjoy himself. Simple obedience and hard work is all the require. It provided a safe and enjoyable environment. I had lots of friends and never had any problems with other schools. Really! None at all.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 22, 2015
As a freshman now at Sandalwood High School I realized how tough going through high school would be if I hadn't gone to Kernan. The teachers actually cared and wanted me to be successful in life. It was always a caring environment and staff and administration made sure of that. Kernan has sports, clubs, and just about anything your child could want from a school. I was glad I was there and I kinda wish I could go back

Kernan Middle School 4

Posted April 22, 2015
I was a student at Kernan Middle School from 2011-2014 and I had a great experience. I'm currently a freshman at Atlantic Coast High School in the AP Honors Program. Many of the Kernan Middle teachers actually want their students to learn something and truly care about their well-being. I had many teachers that I could talk to in a time of need. Bullying and fighting is not at all tolerated at Kernan Middle School. This school offers many sports, clubs and activities such as Volleyball, Theater Club, Mathletes, National Junior Honor Society and more. However, Kernan is not all fun and games. Education is very important and many things I learned there prepared me for my AP and Honors classes at Atlantic Coast. I very much enjoyed my years at Kernan Middle School and your student will too!

Posted April 22, 2015
Kernan middle is not like every other school, teachers don't spend their entire year preparing us for a state test but they spend time preparing us for life. The teachers are what make up a great school and kernan has that down pact. I haven't had a complaint about any teacher the school itself is built for greatness. It has a safe and relaxed environment for your children

Kernan Middle School 1

Posted December 11, 2014
This school really has some problems. There is a lot of bullying going on here and the adults won't do anything about it. One kid from the special class keeps saying he is going to commit suicide or shoot up the school and they let him stay in the classes with the other kids. His dad comes to the school screaming so the teachers can't say or do anything to stop him. We have some kids that don't do any work, but they go to the next grade. I don't know how this school got an A, a lot of the kids in my class can't read. I will not come here next year. I wanted to report this to someone, but the adults do nothing and get mad at the teachers who try to stop the bullies. I can't report it as child abuse, so I am afraid for everyone here. I hope someone does a surprise visit when no one knows to see what really goes on here or speak to the teachers and paras anonymously where they aren't afraid to tell the truth. Someone needs to do something about this and stop covering up.

Posted January 24, 2014
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kernan Middle School 3

Posted October 05, 2013
I'm currently a Junior in high school attending Stanton and in the IB program and I honestly feel as if Kernan has not challenged me like it should have. Yeah it's not a magnet school, but still. After 'graduating' from middle school to high school I was completely overwhelmed by all the work I had to do in Stanton. I thought that I would be able to just breeze through tests without studying (as I did in Kernan) and wow was I wrong. In my 9th grade year I carried C's and D's and some B's and an A in HOPE.. All of my peers who attended schools such as Landon or JWJ or Kirby had an advantage over me and made me feel as if I did not belong at that school. Of course, I managed to adapt to the ways but it wasted my 9th grade year which I terribly regret. Anyways, if you want your child to be mentally and intellectually challenged, don't send them to Kernan. Otherwise, go ahead and enroll them in it.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 24, 2013
How does one decipher whether a school is good or not? Do they judge it by the appearance? Do they judge it by the aroma that escapes the cafeteria? Do they judge it by the kids? Well, I'll tell you one thing, there are many, many factors that play out when rating a school. For one thing, you would have to have experienced it, and I'm one of the many who have. To start off, I'd like to say that my disposition towards Kernan Middle School is that it is a COMMENDABLE school. The teachers are dedicated, the staff all share friendly faces, and the principle is outstanding! To judge Kernan on the outside, in my mind, is completely unheard of! I've told many this story, but when I first arrived at Kernan at the age of eleven, a brand new sixth grader, I was very uninspired in school. Though I made A's and B's, I didn't really put much effort into school. Kernan changed me. Kernan inspired me to push the limits and become who I am today. The new me is the one who puts the most effort into everything that they do. The new me is the one who goes the extra mile, just to make not only myself proud, but my teachers as well. Kernan is a caring wonderful school, and is by far my favorite.

Kernan Middle School
2271 Kernan Boulevard South, Jacksonville, FL  32246
Last modified Kernan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kernan Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top