Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 15, 2014
My son was diagnosed with Aspergers and anxiety and started to have physical and emotional issues during middle school. We searched for a school that could accommodate him. Center Academy has been such a wonderful answer to my son's education. Mrs. Jodi Shea, the director is an amazing administrator. She has the right balance of love, compassion, knowledge, organization and humor to successfully run a school like Center Academy. She is a gift to the school. The help she has given our family and the accommodations she has made for our son and the emotional support has been amazing. And she is supported by an amazing administrator, Ms. Sue who is truly an angel and takes care of the students and the school. The teachers have supported, and mentored our son. The students are well cared for, well educated and in a safe loving environment. Thank you Center Academy!

Posted December 15, 2014
My son came to Center Academy as a senior. We were looking for a school that would customize an individual learning plan tailored to his specific needs. Since starting 5 months ago, we have witnessed tremendous growth, increased confidence, and improved academics. The staff and administration create a warm, caring and safe environment for students to learn and grow. I would highly recommend Center to any parent.

Posted August 07, 2013
Center Academy does a fabulous job working with ADHD children. My daughter and her friends have attended many schools in the Jacksonville area but none can compare to the level of education, the motivation provided, and the dedication of the faculty.

Posted February 19, 2013
We transferred our son to this private school for another local provate school that he was not doing to well in. We were a bit skeptical, as he has had some issues at his last two schools with the curriculum and with teachers and fellow students. Specifically with his Indivualized Education Plan for special educational needs. To our delight, he has exceed our expectations. He is currently carrying a individualized course load above most students and has about a 3.6 GPA. What he likes most is the smaller setting, not moving around from class to class and the individualized work plan. Apparently our son strives off self study and individualized work. Thank you Center Academy!

Posted February 14, 2013
My son loves his school! He makes friends easily and the teachers are a hug help. Every one at Center Academy gets along with each other. That's a sign of a great school! Center Academy is an extraordinary place where proper education. I will recommend this school to anyone. The teachers are very compassionate and worked one on one with each student to ensure the students needs first and foremost. Safety and discipline and regularly revised and supervision on the school rules were always enforced allowing things to run smoothly.

Posted February 13, 2013
Center Academy continues to be the best fit for my child. I am still in awe of the accomodations made and the one-on-one attention given to each student.

Posted February 13, 2013
The school is very supportive to my son's needs. They listen to our concerns and make adjustments where he is academically. The individualized approach caters to his specific needs. Great school!

Posted February 13, 2013
My daughter has a processing deficit which makes it hard for her to stay as focused as she could be. After much frustration over the early years and doing our best to be a strong advocate for our daughter while in the public school we were disappointed to find that they would rather her fail and put her with behavioral children who would scare her. After searching for a school that would meet her needs we found Center Academy. Our daughter is excelling and gaining confidence each day and making great strides and we know she will have a bright future.

Posted February 24, 2012
Our son is in his 3rd year at Center Academy and I couldn't be happier. The small class size, family atmosphere, individualized learning, and friendships with kids that often struggle with the same things he does, are shaping him into a fine young man. The teachers care, encourage and communicate. He is absolutely thriving here and I am grateful for the Center family!

Posted January 27, 2012
Center Academy has changed our son's life. For years he failed to achieve even the lowest standards in a system geared only to those who learn one way. After looking at private schools I was discouraged to learn they were all geared to only address "honors" students with little thought to those who needed a curriculum designed to stimulate learning and address the different learning styles of my AD/HD child with dyslexia. Having lost all confidence in himself, our son had become a poor performer in school, was withdrawing socially, & was becoming more and more depressed. His appearance, attitude, & demeanor all showed that he felt like a failure. Center Academy's team of talented professional educators focuses on HOW my child learns, how to get him to think differently, and they have the tools to drive higher performance while inspiring my son to be a better person. Since enrolling he has gained a new sense of confidence, is engaging socially and recently brought home a report card with all A s and one B! His appearance shows that he cares, and he is more confident when speaking with peers and adults. We taught him how to respect others at home; CA has helped him respect himself!

Center Academy-St. Johns Bluff
2804 St. Johns Bluff Road, Jacksonville, FL  32246
Last modified Center Academy-St. Johns Bluff is a Private school that serves grades 5-12
Center Academy-St. Johns Bluff Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top