661 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Biscayne Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2013
My daughter has been at Biscayne since Kindergarten, next year she will be in 3rd grade and the ONLY reason she is leaving this school is because we are moving. She loves her friends, and we both have loved all but 1 of her teachers. She was rude and move my baby's daily grade down for the stupidest things sometimes, telling her to tell her if somebody does something then when she does saying that she doesn't want to hear her telling on someone..... ??? Other than that, I could say the entire office staff and PTA and the teachers u have met I really like and they all know and love my baby. I couldn't have asked for a better school experience for her in her begining school years!

Biscayne Elementary School 2

Posted May 12, 2013
My kids attended Biscayne Elementary the 2011/2012 school year. The principal, asst principal, and teachers (except for maybe one or two) are very, very rude and unprofessional. Very young staff, with very nasty attitudes. Not like the teachers back in my days, more professional.

Biscayne Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2010
do something with the front office staff, they treat you very rude, REPLACE THEM WITH WELL EDUCATED OFFICE PERSONELL

Biscayne Elementary School 5

Posted July 16, 2010
Well, I used to go to this school.But I left, but not because it was a bad school, because I had to go to 6th grade. I love this school very much, and when ever I have some free time I might go back and visit, I loved that school very much, and when it was the last day I cried because I DIDN'T want to go. All of the teachers loved me very much, and I am sad to know that the school has a new principle. I don't think the school will do as good as it did when we had Mrs.Lewis. I know this because I went there ever since kindergarten,And I knew almost ALL of the teachers, so I would know if it was a good school or not. ~Leslie

Biscayne Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2010
My son with cerebral palsy is currently attending this school for the ESY summer program and so far we're in love with Biscayne. His teacher Mrs Daniels and para are so compassionate and patient (he can throw some tantrums sometimes!) and give details about his day, which we weren't used to from his old school. We found the office staff to be very warm, helpful and friendly. Our only complaint is the long walk from our car to his classroom--We think the disability parking should be closer to class. But he doesn't freak out when we drop him off now...a clue to us that he's a lot happier here.

Biscayne Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
First, I would like to say that the person that left the last review is mistaken. There has never been a Dr. Rodriguez at this school. I completely agree with the person that said this school is horrible. I have spent this entire school year complaining to the principle. The office staff has changed and the front office is a little more pleasant now. As for the teachers, some are good and some are bad. My child had the misfortune of getting one of the bad ones. I did have him moved to another class and things are better. This is a "C" school and they definately need some after school tutoring.

Biscayne Elementary School 5

Posted July 28, 2009
This is an outstanding school. The teachers truly work cooperatively for the benefit of students. The principal, Dr. Rodriguez, is a phenomenol leader that holds always holds the students' best interests at heart. I don't know what the parent in the May review is talking about when she says that the school has no tutoring for students that are behind. It has tutoring during the school day and after school for students with special needs like learning disabilities and English language learners, and tutoring for students that aren't in a special program but just need extra help. Also, I don't know of another school that offers as many extracurriculars as they do. Dance, karate, French, guitar, on and on these elementary school students have many choices! The comment on the office staff being rude is highly subjective, but I most students love the ladies at the front office.

Biscayne Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2009
The only good thing about this school is the teacher parent communication, other than that this is a horrible school. The front office has nothing but rude staff that look down onto parents. i had the hardest time getting my children into this school and I regret ever putting them in it. The school is way behind other duval county school curriculums and they have no tutoring for students falling behind. Think long and hard about putting your children into this school. I would not recommend this for anyone I know, and I am glad to say they will not be returning ever.

Biscayne Elementary School

Posted January 31, 2008
Great school..teachers are very caring and the staff is awesome. Curriculum of a private school and after school activities that are beneficial to the students.

Biscayne Elementary School
12230 Biscayne Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32218
Last modified Biscayne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.