Posted January 21, 2014
This school is amazing! Both of my girls have attended since they were infants and we love it. One of my daughters is about to "graduate" and her academic, social, and conflict resolution skills are seriously impressive. I have seen their teachers go out of their way to address the special needs of children many times and find creative ways to solve personality or learning challenges. Many of the teachers have been there for over 10 years and have continued their education and professional development in Montessori -- this tells me that they enjoy and are committed to the school they are working at (which says a lot to me in a sector that has a fair amount of turnover). I absolutely adore the Director at Southpoint -- she is fair, compassionate, and cares deeply about each and every child in her school. Each classroom has iPads that the kids use for research and reports. I urge anyone who is genuinely interested in Montessori to tour this school and make their own decision.

A Child's Place Montessori School 2

Posted June 13, 2013
BAD! I dealt w/ this school for 5 years w/ 3 different kids. The school is underfunded, doesn't have the proper resources or techology, or the proper number of certified teachers for the number of students enrolled. The infant & toddler program is great but they totally sucks when it comes to primary education. U must literally do exactly want they say & your child must fit their mole which is quite, average or slowly developing kids. If your child is expectionally gifted or talented, the school doesn't have the adquedate teachers to suppport & development the child properly. They are contantly short staffed & love to make it your problem by having u to pick your kid up early because they are supposely sick or suggest to reduced the kids schedule for their conveience while blaming it on the kids needs. After checking with other former parents, this is a common for them. Over the years I have seen some improvements in the schools materials but they tremendously lacking behind other schools when it comes to techonlogy. But most important, they love to tell U have to run your marriage which causes many problems between U & your spouse. Other former parents totally agree.

A Child's Place Montessori School 1

Posted November 08, 2011
We are very dissapointed with this school. I get the sense that something is wrong in there. There is a fake sense of caring, of enjoyment, and of actually wanting to be a teacher/educator among the staff and teachers. It is surprising and sad at the same time. I heard and saw one of their teachers talking to one of the students and I was shocked and just wowed at how cold and uncaring the teacher's approach was. The look on that child face was memorable, just sad, being talked down to. But its not that one teacher, the principal is not much better. Just take your child somewhere else in a more loving and nuturing environment, they deserve better. If you plan to pay for school pay for somewhere where they actually care and are not fake.

A Child's Place Montessori School 4

Posted March 10, 2011
My daughter has been at this school since she was 3 and she is now 7. We tried a new school for a short period of time in 1st grade , but after daily complaints of how she was so bored in school because the work was far too easy, we put her back in this school. This is the perfect school for a independant , motivated child. May daughter has thrived on having the tools to be able to explore work that was way beyond her grade level.

A Child's Place Montessori School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
A previous review of 8/21/10 said 'Their philosophy is that the children will tell them when they want to learn.' My understanding of Montessori from reading is that yes a good Montessori school follows the child when they are most receptive to a particular skill or task. 'Follow the child' is a key component in a 'prepared Montessori enviornment.' I trusted the Montessori philosophy with my two daughters and I'm convinced that it helped them to grow into inquisitive, caring, compassionate, self driven young people. No, it's not about how fast a child learns, it is about how well and how motivated a child is when learning. In my humble opinion, these are the more important lessons we took from a Montessori environment.

A Child's Place Montessori School 1

Posted April 21, 2010
The principal does not listen to what the parents are trying to tell her and the owner is not involved with the parents at all. The primary class teacher is not interested on encouraging the children to learn new things at all, thus the children develop a lot of lazy habits. Their philosophy is that the children will tell them when they want to learn, but it makes no-sense since children have no idea what they are suppose to learn. Skip this school if you are looking for a primary school.

A Child's Place Montessori School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
not happy with the school at present. my child is in a toddler class and teachers are discouraging parents involvement, no role of prinicipal in this school. No one to complain. Unhappy with the teacher's knowledge about child development. Thinking about taking my child out.

Posted March 07, 2010
My daughter graduated from this school last spring after over 3 years there. Comparing to the other kids in the private elementry school now, she is advance in reading ability and keeps natural curiosity for learning and strong independence. She still often mention her teachers, their teaching of broad spectrum of knowledge, and the lovely environment over there.

Posted February 15, 2010
This is my review from last year that was posted to incorrectly spelled listing: Posted April 10, 2009 My 5 y.o. has been attending A-child's place since he was 2.5. My other son, now 20 mo. started in an infant community at 12 mo and moved up to toddler community at 18 mo. Both are doing great. We love the school. It is located in an old house and has a 'home' feeling to it. It has a wonderful treed playground and all classes spend a lot of time outside. Children eat outside weather permitting (almost all year round in Jacksonville). Small classrooms, structured environment, no ugly unnaturally colored plastic toys :) We love the school, but, unfortunately we might have to take my older son out due to financial reasons - he'll most likely go to a public school this year.

Posted February 15, 2010
There are two locations in Jax - my sons go to the smaller in size Southpoint location. We love the school, the attention my boys get there. Compared to tuition in other schools the tuition in A Child's Place is a little bit higher, but I think it is justified by the personalized attention the children get. My older son (6 y.o) does addition and knows Van Gogh paintings when he sees them. He is absolutely independent when it comes to self-care. So is my other 2.5 y.o. son, who's been potty trained by the staff at school since he was 1.5 y.o. The children spend a lot of time outdoors - they have a wonderful shaded playground there. The teachers absolutely love the children. They do not serve lunch - very convenient for parents of kids who have special dietary needs. I am all out space....highly recomment the school.

A Child's Place Montessori School
12601 San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32223
Last modified A Child's Place Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
A Child's Place Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top