Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Grace Lutheran School 2

Posted February 12, 2013
It is with a heavy heart that I write this review. My children no longer attend Grace Lutheran School. I would be remiss if I did not outline some of the problems: Favoritism, tolerance of bullying (particularly the verbal taunting of those children whose parents do not attend the church or are from different cultural backgrounds), incompetence, poor leadership, and poor follow through. I have witnessed authority figures yelling rudely and loudly in an ugly and highly disrespectful manner at children and reported it to the principle, but noticed no changes in the behaviour of the adults who were demonstrating such abhorrent outbursts.

Posted October 01, 2012
As a member of the Grace Ministry Team I was saddened by the 9/20/12 post. Following the example of Our Savior, Jesus, Grace strives to engage families from ALL walks of life. Our goal is to PARTNER with parents in education and growing personal relationships with Christ. This requires a certain amount of responsibility not only on the part of our faculty, but on the part of the family as well. Teachers do not have access to a family s financial status and in fact only know what parents share with them. Grace is a place where children are loved because they are a gift from God and we take that responsibility to heart.

Posted September 24, 2012
Grace Lutheran School is a fabulous school that provides an academically challenging environment and nurturing atmosphere. They have excellent leadership and enthusiastic staff! My children feel AT HOME at Grace. It is a second home to them. The children in class are truly their brothers and sisters. They never wake up and complain about going to school. In fact they were ready for the summer to end so they could get back to school with their friends. We spent 2 years in Duval County Public school and the grass is greener on the other side! The reality of the negative feedback on here is that life is what you make it to be If you want to find the good in the school (which is there!!! It is a wonderful school), but if you don't want to find it you won't. The Lord is blessing this school with wonderful students and staff. I say take a tour and decide for yourself!

Grace Lutheran School 1

Posted September 20, 2012
Grace Lutheran was once a great school however that is no longer the case. There are several teachers who are more interested in the parents social/financial status then their own students education. If these teachers put the effort into there students to learn as they do with social media's and gossip this school would be better than Harvard. I wish them all the best however my children will no longer be part of a fantasy world the Grace Family tries to convince me of.

Posted June 13, 2012
As a parent tring to find a church that my children are are willing to go to,its a challeng.Until my daughter started attending Grace school,she has grown so much in her faithand it started at the school,then we started to come to chrurch and we love it,i think we finally found our second family.thanks to GRACE

Grace Lutheran School 3

Posted May 25, 2012
We are coming to the close of our second year at Grace. I must say that our experience has been less than stellar. There are lots of children who get away with horrible behavior. I have brought it forth to the principal and he just brushes it off. My son has had to deal with a bully all year. His teacher seemed to be concerned, but once the principal was brought into the situation... I was told there isn't anything to be worried about. Their technology is lacking. They really push athletics... which is a good thing and a bad thing. Academics do not seem to be the priority. Although my son has had a great year academically speaking, I feel as though the school has broken his spirit. His teacher seems very complacent and routine, showing no excitement or compassion. Children need love and support. They need an uplifting environment... not something to tear them down. I am looking forward to next year because I have heard great things about the teacher. Also, the school has a new principal that starts in the fall. Awesome!!!!

Posted October 04, 2011
As a member of the Grace Ministry Team, it saddens me to know the 8/3/11 reviewer left Grace feeling unloved. I firmly believe that the teachers & staff of Grace cherish each child as a precious gift from God & truly desire for them to recognize their full potential spiritually & academically. We have a vast number of parents who desire to have information at their fingertips. Our web site meets that need. But teachers are always available for one-on-one converstaions with parents. Our educators & principal strive to model and teach a multitude of life skills, including time management, logical thinking, prayerful reasoning and personal responsibility. What may appear a "they don't do much work at school," is actually a way to help prepare our children for High School, College and their future careers. Although I whole heartedly do not agree with the 8/3/11 review, I can say that I have taken it to heart, I have prayed about it, and I consider myself blessed to be a part of Grace Lutheran School.

Posted September 28, 2011
Grace Lutheran School is a great school for preschool, elementary school and middle school students. The teachers are well educated and caring. The school provides a warm, nurturing, and safe environment for all students. The curriculum is challenging, and the teachers are available to secure the success of the students. We have been a part of the Grace family for 6 years. Our oldest son graduated from Grace last year. Not only was he prepared academically for high school, he was also prepared emotionally and spiritually for the demands of high school. The teachers are available to the students and parents when needed and the principal is one of the best administrators I have seen. He is well respected and loved by the staff, students and parents. For middle school students there is an awesome sports program. In a time when public schools are cutting athletics, Grace offers a variety of sports with a caring coaching staff to prepare the athletes. There are after school clubs, intramurals, band, chorus, and drama opportunities. We could not be more pleased with our experience at Grace. It is a loving place of Grace for our children.

Posted September 16, 2011
This is our second year at Grace. The teachers are all highly educated and qualified and also devoted Christians. They give attention to ALL the students. The prinicipal is a huge asset to the school. You could not ask for a better man to be in charge. He knows all the students and cares for them deeply. Our pastors also make a huge impact on our students. Grace is a school that teaches the right morals and values that are sometimes lacking in our society today. We also have a supportive PTL that helps raise money through events and gets our name out to the community. The overall curriculum is challenging and really makes the kids THINK. Most of their work is done at school, so if your child is diligent there will be little homework. We feel the website is a real asset and helps us keep up with the schedule of assignments. The teachers make regular contact via email and you can ask for a conference anytime.Then there's the great sports program. Our coaches love the kids! Our home games are always well attended by students, parents and staff. The best part is everyone has fun. Teamwork for these middle school aged kids is such a great part of maturity. WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted September 15, 2011
My husband and I have had children attending Grace for 6 years. We love the faculty and staff. The teachers work with you to help your child have a successful academic experience. The principal is an outstanding individual who is readily available; he listens and addresses parental concerns. How many schools do you see that have teachers and staff who know that each individual is a child of God and treats them as such? God's grace, love and forgiveness are not only taught, but modeled on a daily basis at Grace Lutheran! Our children love their teachers, have made new friends, and look forward to going to school. What a comfort this gives us as parents to know that our children can foster their faith in a loving and nurturing environment.

Grace Lutheran School