No rating

Harvest Community School

Private | PK-12 | 263 students

Our school is best known for focusing on the heart of the student.

Living in Jacksonville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $97,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted May 16, 2014

Small classrooms, christian cirriculumn, small but well supported sports program. This is a very unique Christian environment for kids, where most kids thrive.

Posted July 16, 2013

Amazing school, wonderful teachers! I am so happy to be a part of this school!

Posted June 3, 2013

Just a dream come true! This is a gem in the city of Jacksonville. Amazing to have a place where the students can learn and grow in such a nurturing environment. The academics are one year ahead of other schools - an added bonus!

Posted June 27, 2012

Harvest is flat out the best school in the world. I will be the first to admit that yes, we do have problems. At times those problems can drive you mad, then you walk on campus. Honestly, it's like walking down the red carpet everyday. Everyone greets you either with a hello or nod. One day we even had a some fun in our old building where we had shaded windows so when you were walking up you couldn't see inside. The whole highschool hung out just inside the doors and everytime someone walked in the door we would all cheer. The shock and joy on the person's face as they walked in was amazing. The best part is that every single person that walked in the door, we knew. Since the school is so small, I can honestly say I know every teacher and every student in highschool. If I'm not good friends with them, I atleast know enough to know their name and their personality. Harvest is so close and so personal. I have felt like a daughter to the teachers on campus, they are all so amazing. The teachers always challenge me to work hard, learn, and are willing to work with me when times get hard. Everyone challenges me to be on fire for God. Send you're kids to this school, you won't regret it.

Posted January 4, 2012

Amazing School and wonderful experience! We have children in elementary and high school. They just completed a high school complex that is absolutely beautiful! Go Warriors!

Posted August 16, 2009

I hear the elementary school is good, but our experience was with jr/sr high. School claims to be interdenominational but is charasmatic. Tongues were a divisive issue in Bible class. If the students whine and complain about the workload the assignments were dropped or simplified--even though they were not difficult to begin with. We saw a major drop in our student's test scores after just 1 year at Harvest. There is definitely favoritism shown to students related to the administrator-- a real spirit of entitlement is best description. Many of the students did not seem to have an appreciation or respect for education. The testing environment for mid-terms, finals, SAT was terrible (talking, throwing paper etc). Because it is a community school and parents are required to be involved there is a huge parent gossip network. Don't expect privacy.

Posted January 9, 2008

Harvest is dedicated to their kids being set apart and not conforming to the things of this world. This is a difficult battle in 2009. Bravo to the leadership!!!

Posted October 19, 2008

Harvest has a beautiful heart. Our family only attended for one year. The teachers have time to care for the children and are not short tempered ever! The school works hard to provide a safe, God first, pleasant environment for the children.The teachers represented Christ very well in the class room. Although the school was experiencing many growing pains their concept is a beautiful one. Religion was not over the top for our family. We take our Christianity very seriously and enjoyed a school reinforcing our beliefs in the class. Our children were truelly happy to wake and go to school three days a week. We wish Harvest well and may return for middleschool some day!

Posted April 17, 2008

I think Harvest is an EXCELLENT school morally and academically. My children have all tested far beyond there grade level. The teachers truly care for the heart of the child and bring out the best in them. I am very thankful. We have been there for 3 years and are completely satified. I have both homeschooled and gone to christian school and Harvest is the best of both worlds. The administration and staff are very loving and full of grace and willing to stand by and partner with you in the education of your children. They are very teachable and humble and also knowledgable and wise.

Posted March 29, 2008

I would give it 5 stars except the school is going though growing pains. The biggest thing I can say about this school is that the teachers really care. We have two students that have attended for the last two years and they and us love the school. Are there areas for improvement. Yes. Did tuition need to go up? Yes. I attended the meeting and reviewed all the books and compared them to other schools. It is priced right. As far as the 'cult' goes I would really like if someone explained what it was. Everything I have seen is that is is a solid Christian background. We are baptists and there has been nothing we have seen that is out of 'touch'. Since Parents are so involved you actaully get to see all the warts of the school compared to many others that you might not see.

Posted March 18, 2008

Harvest is a great place for our children. The teachers really care about the well being of our children, not only with their studies but most importantly the well being of their hearts. The administration cares for the families enough to help in areas of parenting by making classes available for us to take with other families. we love the community. other families

Posted March 7, 2008

I agree that Harvest has struggled with growing pains and need to fine tune their administration however, their concept is praise-worthy. As for their religious beliefs, we don't feel imposed on and ultimately worship the same God. We were previously at another Christian School for five years that proved to not live up to our standards nor its cost. The 3rd grade had 28 students and we were paying $6,000 a year. As for Harvest tuition increases, there is no other school to compare with. The moral compass and protection of your child's heart does not exist elsewhere . You truly get what you pay for. It is where you heart and priorities are as to whether you feel it is worth the price. I will pay more for quality staff, quality classmates, quality education and small class sizes.

Posted February 29, 2008

I have recently made the decision to leave the school. It is unfortunate becuase this 'concept' of school had promise. The problems are: 1) forcing a particular belief down your throat. not acceptable because the school is listed as non-denominational. The tuition is going up, but there are no supplies, books, materials, etc to justlfy this. Parents have to pay additional for everything as the year goes, even computer paper. Many families are leaving, I know of 9. I hope the administation can be honest about the finances, and justlfy the price. There is no way to justify the way the force their unusual beliefs on the families. This is a school , not a cult, or it should be for us and others to stay. Very sad situation. I suggest you look into other options that cost the same, there are many choices. Thank you.

Posted February 19, 2008

Harvest is the best school in Jacksonville, FL - period. There is nothing to even come close to compare to it's acedemic and biblically based education and discipleship of children. Those who complain of not being able to talk with the administration most likely have not tried they are very easy to talk to and discuss issues.

Posted February 1, 2008

Our child has attended Harvest for four years.The founders are very easy to talk with and keep open communication with all parents. The administration is very organized and the school will be around for many years to come. My child has been to other schools and by far this administration is the most approachable. My child is so happy at Harvest!

Posted January 20, 2008

Harvest is an Amazing place to be! I have a child in the middle school and have found everyone to be supportive and loving to my child. The education is second to none and is well above grade level expectations. We could not be happier!

Posted January 20, 2008

The teachers are incredible and go beyond the job and really pour into the students.We love it there! Harvest rocks!

Posted January 17, 2008

My son has been at HCS for 2 years. We are not happy with the high school. The rules are over the top. It is very over the top with their Christian views. It personally was not the school for me.

Posted December 27, 2007

Harvet is a great school. Everyone there is family.there are no clicks and groups everyone is toghether.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 22, 2007

I have been a parent at Harvest for seven years! The administration has the utmost intregity! The teachers are wonderful and are great at communicating with the parents. I really feel a part of my children's education and find evryone very supportive! We love Harvest!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation University of North Florida
Florida Community College of J
Stetson University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science lab
Clubs
  • Science club

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Music room

• 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
  • Jack And Patty Wilcox
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (904) 997-1862

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Hybrid
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Art teacher(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
College preparation / awareness resources offered

• Dance
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Booster Club

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
University of North Florida
Florida Community College of J
Stetson University
College preparation / awareness offered
College presentations or information sessions
Community college courses
School-sponsored trips to college campuses

2360 St. Johns Bluff Rd.