PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted December 16, 2015
we have been there 3 years in Lower School. It is great. They focus a lot on the heart, as well as education. I love that I am with him at home 2 days a week. I know what his strengths and weaknesses are. What a blessing as a parent to be a huge part of his education, and character development.

Posted December 14, 2015
This is my son first year and he is in Middle School. Overall, I have been very pleased. The teacher are caring and supportive. My son is doing well educationally. He has had problems making new friends at the school, but he seems to be making progress. My son has complained that the school is too strict. I agree with him, however the rules do not appear to be overly strict. I believe the tuition is reasonable. Much less than his previous school.

Posted November 09, 2015
My three children have attended Harvest Community School for the past 5 years and I could not be more pleased. My kids are challenged mentally, but the school also works hard to preserve the children's self esteem, building them up and encouraging them. While the facilities are nothing to brag about the curriculum and mission of the school is fantastic.

Posted May 16, 2014
Small classrooms, christian cirriculumn, small but well supported sports program. This is a very unique Christian environment for kids, where most kids thrive.

Posted July 16, 2013
Amazing school, wonderful teachers! I am so happy to be a part of this school!

Posted June 03, 2013
Just a dream come true! This is a gem in the city of Jacksonville. Amazing to have a place where the students can learn and grow in such a nurturing environment. The academics are one year ahead of other schools - an added bonus!

Posted June 27, 2012
Harvest is flat out the best school in the world. I will be the first to admit that yes, we do have problems. At times those problems can drive you mad, then you walk on campus. Honestly, it's like walking down the red carpet everyday. Everyone greets you either with a hello or nod. One day we even had a some fun in our old building where we had shaded windows so when you were walking up you couldn't see inside. The whole highschool hung out just inside the doors and everytime someone walked in the door we would all cheer. The shock and joy on the person's face as they walked in was amazing. The best part is that every single person that walked in the door, we knew. Since the school is so small, I can honestly say I know every teacher and every student in highschool. If I'm not good friends with them, I atleast know enough to know their name and their personality. Harvest is so close and so personal. I have felt like a daughter to the teachers on campus, they are all so amazing. The teachers always challenge me to work hard, learn, and are willing to work with me when times get hard. Everyone challenges me to be on fire for God. Send you're kids to this school, you won't regret it.

Posted January 04, 2012
Amazing School and wonderful experience! We have children in elementary and high school. They just completed a high school complex that is absolutely beautiful! Go Warriors!

Harvest Community School 1

Posted August 16, 2009
I hear the elementary school is good, but our experience was with jr/sr high. School claims to be interdenominational but is charasmatic. Tongues were a divisive issue in Bible class. If the students whine and complain about the workload the assignments were dropped or simplified--even though they were not difficult to begin with. We saw a major drop in our student's test scores after just 1 year at Harvest. There is definitely favoritism shown to students related to the administrator-- a real spirit of entitlement is best description. Many of the students did not seem to have an appreciation or respect for education. The testing environment for mid-terms, finals, SAT was terrible (talking, throwing paper etc). Because it is a community school and parents are required to be involved there is a huge parent gossip network. Don't expect privacy.

Posted January 09, 2009
Harvest is dedicated to their kids being set apart and not conforming to the things of this world. This is a difficult battle in 2009. Bravo to the leadership!!!

Harvest Community School
2360 St. Johns Bluff Rd., Jacksonville, FL  32246
Last modified Harvest Community School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12