PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Posted February 04, 2016
My child attended this school for 2 years. Then she went to public school which come to find out she was so behind academically. This school teaches nothing. There teachers are not licensed teacher. Be aware

Posted April 09, 2015
Disorganized, lack of care. Teachers are not motivated but work in fear of the owner of the school. This school has no board, and I seriously doubt has any accreditation at all. I would keep looking...it is all about the might dollar here.

Posted March 25, 2015
Expelled with no reason whatsoever. No explanation other that my 9 and 10 year old "did not fit in". Now we have no school to turn to for the last part of the year...6 weeks of school left and would not let them finish, now what? No school for my kids? HEARTLESS and EVIL. How could you do this to 2 little girls? What is wrong with you people?!

Posted July 21, 2014
If you're looking for a babysitter this school year, look no further. If you're looking for financial headaches, you found it! The grounds are beautiful and your children will have plenty of outside time, so don't expect much actual work to be done or for your student to learn much. In the Middle School, If your student turns in homework, they will get an "A", it's that easy! Don't expect graded papers, textbooks or a curriculum because you'll never see it. Certainly don't leave your student in After-Care as their staff will never get off their bum.

Posted February 06, 2014
I think overall this is an excellent school. My son attends this school in kindergarten and we are very happy with his education, his teacher and with the rest of the faculty. This is a very friendly and nurturing environment. With the small class sizes, this school offers plenty of one-on-one time between the teachers and the students. I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 02, 2014
My son has been attending SJGS since August of 2013. He is in Kindergarden. Before choosing a school for him I took into careful consideration what I felt he would benefit from in a classroom and school setting. I can see why some parents would not understand or agree with the way this school is run...it is true that it is different than traditional schools. And that is exactly why I selected SJGS for my son. I believe in children's individuality, in their need for attention and room to be creative and inquisitive. I love the fact that my son runs around a track before getting down to learning in the classroom. Physical activity is great for him. My son is in Kindergarden and is doing double digit addition and subtraction as well as early multiplication. He is learning to play the violin, knows how to read, his handwriting has improved and he has made friends with children of all ages. This school is not an upscale private school with the latest in technology. But every teacher knows my child. And they tailor lessons to best suit his learning style. And to me that is worth the cost of tuition.

Posted December 10, 2013
Love this school. My child is encouraged by the positive feedback of her teachers. This is the next best thing to homeschooling!

Posted December 06, 2013
I am so thankful for Saint Johns Grammar School! My two children have both attended since they were four years old. My oldest is now in his 7th year and we are as happy today as we were 7 years ago. The education my children receive is above grade level and taught by caring professionals. Children are treated as individuals, and the small class size allows the teachers to get to know each child and tailor their individual learning plan. Although they certainly have textbooks, the campus is beautiful and affords learning opportunities beyond those found in books. However the students do spend the majority of their time learning in their well stocked, comfortable classrooms. The violin teacher is patient, kind and experienced in teaching children of all ages. Violin has been proven to aid in neurological development. Also, it is fun! The school is an open campus and parents are welcome in their children's classrooms at any time. I have personal communication with the teachers daily and any concerns I have are addressed. Frankly my teachers are amazing and could not be replaced! Parent involvement is encouraged on the campus and volunteer opportunities abound. SJGS is wonderful.

Posted November 06, 2013
This school should be considered an alternative school. If you are looking for an education for your average to above average child then this is not the school for your child. There are no text books in the lower school grades. There might be some in the middle school grades but we pulled our kids from this school before they got to the middle school grades. We saw their little bit of class work that they would bring home. And the work the teachers were giving was below grade level. They are big on trying to sell every parent on their "Neuro" program as it makes them more money. A vast majority of educational time is wasted outside every day. And no not hands on learning outside but playing. In the morning your child walks the track so the mosquitos can be fed. I suppose the school has never heard of spraying or using mosquito dunks so the children don't have to be food for the mosquitos. There are much better schools for the same price out there. Do your child a favor and pass on this school!

Posted November 05, 2013
Thank God for SJGS!!! This school has truly been an answered prayer for our family! My son has been going to SJGS for 2 years and he has made phenomenal progress. The excellent teaching, in addition to intensive neurodevelopment; has changed him from a child who was unhappy, struggling academically, and a behavior problem in the public school to an extremely happy, cooperative, and successful student at SJGS. When he started second grade at SJGS, he couldn't read at all. The professionals at the public school and even in the private sector told me that he was always going to struggle academically and behaviorally. (His diagnosis from testing in kindergarten, was ADHD with ODD.) After a heart breaking first grade year at the public school where he was picked on and made fun of by the other kids, our family decided to look for other schools. After starting second grade at SJGS, the teacher immediately recognized that he learns differently and created an education plan adapted to his unique learning style. I am proud to say that not only is my son learning and being successful (both academically and behaviorally) he is literally thriving!

St Johns Grammar School
2353 State Road 13, Jacksonville, FL  32259
Last modified St Johns Grammar School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
St Johns Grammar School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top