Posted July 11, 2014
I have two students that attend Cedar Creek. I have been very happy with the school and the teachers. Both of my children have had a great experience and are able to get help from the teachers that they were not able to get in public school. I have seen great improvement with both of them. I have a senior and they have been a tremendous help with what's needed to move on to college. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted May 13, 2014
I was formerly a teacher at Cedar Creek and I have to say that despite previous posts by parents, the teachers do genuinely care about the children, their well being and them getting the best education possible. The teachers that are at this school are there because they are committed. They work harder than most schools. They do not have any prep periods, all of their classroom prep is done on their own time. They even eat lunch with the kids. The only reason a teacher would stay at a school where you have to put in so many extra hours than the average schools is because they love the school & children & are completely committed. The school does have quite a bit of children with learning disabilities so the classes tend to move at a slower pace to accommodate the majority of the students learning levels. The school as a whole does not have much money therefore the teachers do the best that they can with the resources that are available to them. Anything the teachers want for their classrooms or their students the teachers go out and spend their personal money to make the learning experience better. To say that the teachers do not care about the students is completely inaccurate.

Cedar Creek Christian School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
Please, for the love of God, do NOT send your child to this school. Especially if he/she has adhd, because they certainly don't have time to be dealing with kids who can't sit still. Even though they gladly take the money from the scholarship for kids with special needs, they have NO tolerance for the kids with special needs. Nearly every day my child comes home feeling like he's "bad" because he has a problem sitting still. The teachers, from what I've seen, are grouchy and seem to be unhappy in life in general. When we go on field trips I am the ONLY adult interacting with the children. His teacher told him in front of the whole class "stop going home crying to your mommy that I'm mean to you". Communication is sub-sub par. His grades have plummeted severely. There is no way my child will be attending CCCS next year, I would rather put him in public school and pray that he can catch up academically.

Posted March 28, 2014
I am a former teacher at this school. The staff are hands on and the level of parent involvement is pretty high considering the number of students that were enrolled. There was a good deal of support for the students as well. I've worked in other public schools and have to say that while no school is perfect, this school does care more overall than many schools I've seen. The teachers are willing to work with the students who want help. The online grading system too helps keep parents informed. The grading system there was easier to read by both parents and teachers. I would rather have my students at this school than at many public schools where children are dropped off by parents and there is no parental involvement. Kudos to Cedar Creek!

Cedar Creek Christian School 1

Posted August 23, 2013
I had my daughter in the elementary school and it was terrible. She received no education and when I finally had enough of her having to help other students instead of getting an education herself I changed her to another school. It took her several months to catch up to where she was supposed to be. It was not just her specific teacher either because she was there for two years. My son went to the high school and it was an absolute joke. There was absolutely no communication from the teachers. My son actually failed one of his classes and I was never made aware there were any issues of concern. They do nothing to prepare the kids for college. It's horrible. Most recently I even learned of a coach discussing my sons grades with the football team. This is against the teachers code of ethics but that doesn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't consider any of the staff real "teachers". Oh and the high school literally smells. Seriously. It smells horrible. Do not make the same mistakes I did and send your children here. There are so many better options available.

Posted August 22, 2013
As a faculty member of Cedar Creek, I recommend this school. I have taught at public and private schools in the past. Cedar Creek far exceeds my previous experience in both the public and private sector. The administration is both professional and caring. The students and their welfare is the number one priority. Having read a previous negative comment left by a disgruntled parent, I would have to strongly disagree with them on every point. Problematic students are dealt with fairly by both the faculty, staff and administration of the school, with discipline issues being handled in the appropriate manner, as outlined in the student handbook. The teachers spend many hours preparing and teaching the students, using both the curriculum, as well as additional resources to enhance the students' learning experience. Not all work completed by students is graded, but is used to give the students practice in the subject. I hope one negative disgruntled parent comment will not deter anyone from checking out Cedar Creek for their child's educational needs. I would highly recommend Cedar Creek Christian School to anyone looking for quality, Christian education for their child.

Cedar Creek Christian School 2

Posted May 29, 2013
My son has been going to Cedar Creek since Kindergarden. Up until this year the school has been good but not great. I do not know what the change was this year, but he went from having the kids pick on him and bully him to having the teacher join in. No matter what he did or did not do he would get in trouble. The teacher took other students words instead of investigating. A student kicked him and while the teacher was present and while in a parent teacher conference the teacher denied it even though we had witnesses. After finding out we would be sending him to another school next year because of this teacher she started writing him a referral on my son for at least twice a week. She deviates severely from the curriculum and uses her on books and Bible instead of the ones we had to buy this year. If he told on a child doing something wrong he got in trouble and if they told on him he got in trouble. He would get hurt on the play ground and not 1 accident report was written except when he had a substitute. SHe ripped up papers and threw them in the trash with and without grading them. We went to administration with no results. I would not recommend this school.

Posted March 09, 2012
I have three daughters that attend Cedar Creek Christina Academy. I love this school!!! They care not just about making sure my children receive overall best education but they also care about my children well being as well. This is a school that I truly recommend for everyone.

Posted June 24, 2011
I have 2 children in this school. 2012 school year will be their 3 year attending. I continue to be impressed with office staff, school administration, teachers and most of all my childrens attitudes about school and grades!! I would recommend this school for a child who needs a smaller classroom setting, less distractions during school hours and who need close teacher contact with student and parent. My plan is to have both of my children graduate from this outstanding school. Oh yea and they have a great summer school program as well.

Posted May 13, 2011
My son attended public school last year for 6th grade. Since that time I have enrolled him at CCCS and it was the best thing that I could have ever done. His grades have increase by at least one grade and he know recieves the most important class (BIBLE). No matter where you go, there will always be room for improvement. There are more to come for this school. The Lord has blessed it at this point and we can only pray that the Lord continues to spread his grace on the staff and that he proctects our children and allows them to be great CHRISTIAN leaders of our Nation.

Cedar Creek Christian School
1372 Lane Avenue South, Jacksonville, FL  32205
Last modified Cedar Creek Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cedar Creek Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top