New Berlin Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1079 students

Sweep tile

Posted Friday, April 11, 2014

my school ( new berlin) is a good school but the kids that go there are crazy.I threating a least twice already.

Posted April 3, 2014

THEY NEVER PICK UP THE PHONE AND NEVER ANSWER BACK MESSAGES, I HAVE LEFT FOR SECRETARY, ASST PRINCIPAL AND PRINCIPAL, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE SCHOOL.. I WONT ENROLL MY KID HERE, WHAT IF IT WAS AN EMERGENCY?

Posted September 23, 2013

It was an okay school. My teachers didnt teach that good, matter of fact what they taught us had nothing to do with anything we are learning in middle school. Im glad im gone from that school

Posted August 4, 2013

My 1st Grandchild has attended NBE for 2 years now and his younger twin siblings will be entering Kindergarten in August. They are very excited because their big brother has shared so many wonderful things with them creating much excitement for them in the learning arena. We LOVE NBE for its enthusiasm and its love, concern, and caring attitude for the students. The Teachers are true mentors and are very creative in teaching and helping the children develop traditional character traits. We are proud that NBE maintains an A status. Children who are academically exceptional have the opportunity to excel beyond their borders with creative means to enhance themselves even further. We love the fact that NBE is always neat, clean, and practices manners in the classroom. We also love that the school is NOT chaotic, but exhibits and requires quiet behavior of the students. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my views.

Posted June 30, 2013

We have had a great experience at NBE. Our child loved attending second grade at this school. The teacher was young, enthusiastic, kind, professional, and was always present. The classroom was in a portable but the teacher kept it clean and bright with colorful posters. We are excited to move up with the same teacher to third grade. Our experience has been that the teachers are easy to contact and respond quickly to parent emails or phone calls. I highly recommend this school at this point!

Posted September 6, 2012

If you are lucky enough to be in district here, no worries. This will be the end of a seven-year run at NBE for me, I am so going to miss my neat, orderly, clean school with a good run for us with great teachers. I have a junior in high school, too, occasionally you get a teacher that does not fit well with your child. NBE has been the best.

Posted October 30, 2011

My son attended for 3 yrs at NBE - the first two were good as his teacher was wonderful and caring. his last year (2010 - 2011)- well let's just say, i gritted my teeth and got him through. I had meeting with Principal Reese 3 times requesting feedback form his teacher in regards to behavior, things they are learning in class, etc as he requires follow up at home as well and still had no feedback from teacher that I was looking for. I tired to schedule to come in for volunteer but they always wanted me to go to another grade level and not in his classroom, made me a bit uneasy. I requested another with the teacher present and then decided not to for fear of repricutions to my son. Lack of follow though and 'direct orders' to communicate with me and nothing ever done about it. the staff overall is very good and will go out of their way to help, however the leadership falls very short.

Posted March 15, 2011

I have been nothing but happy with New Berlin Elementary School! After moving here from south florida I realized how far behind my child would be here, the curriculum is excellent and they strive for success. My son's teacher is more than willing to spend the time getting my husband and I informed and invloved. He calls weekly with Austin's progress and lends out his learning tools/activites to help Austin in any way possible. The building is always clean and neat and the front office staff is friendly and warm. Mr. Blakeman has worked amazingly with my son in kindergarten. Very proud of his success and his school!

Posted September 29, 2010

i do not like this school.i went there for four years and now i have left it. the schools is very unagreeable.a lot of the teachers have no control over there students. the teachers do not treat there children fairly.they often pick favorites.my whole fourth grade year i was bullied.my teacher did nothing about it. i came home crying every day. the kids are very cliquey.no one can fit in at that school. do not send your child there.nbe needs to clean up its act.

Posted June 9, 2010

My son is finishing up his Kindergarten year at New Berlin and I have to say that his teachers Mr. Blakeman & Ms. Eshleman are AWESOME. So happy that my son's first school year exeperience went well, he truly has WONDERFUL TEACHERS that truly care for EACH of their students. They always kept us informed on how our son was doing in class and always took the time to answer all our questions. All the Staff members are great.

Posted May 6, 2010

It's an awesome atmosphere where students and parents alike are treated with respect and dignity. The students are encouraged to strive for success, they are not allowed to offer excuses and helped to be the best they can be as a contributing member of our society.

Posted May 4, 2010

The teacher; they go above and over what needs to be done for each studentd

Posted May 4, 2010

We are committed to high standards and expect every child to meet those standards. We have very dedicated teachers and parents who put their heart and soul into educating our children.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 1, 2010

Becasue my son loves to learn at New Berlin Elementary School.

Posted October 19, 2009

My family and I moved to Florida and were worried about placing our children in Duval schools. But the welcome from the teachers and guidance has been most helpful. Security at the school is top notch and classrooms neat and clean well organized. Great Job to the staff and pta parents.

Posted October 3, 2009

New Berlin is a newer school so I was a little nervous when I sent my son there but they function like they've been around for years. The principal is so approachable and seems to know all the children by name, even the new ones. Keep up the great work New Berlin staff!

Posted September 8, 2009

MY son has been at New Berlin for 4 years. I could not ask for a better school. Thank you

Posted August 22, 2009

This is an excellent school. My kids love attending New Berlin. The teachers are great!

Posted August 17, 2009

I love this school and the teacher's that work there. I've got kids that go there and they love it

Posted August 11, 2009

We have 2 straight A students attending New Berlin Elementary. It is a great school. I am a Girl Scout troop leader at the school and have met a lot of the teachers. They all seem to have a wonderful interest in their students.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

196 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

195 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

182 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

181 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

179 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

159 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

159 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

158 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

153 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Asian 3% 3%

Other degree 0%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3613 New Berlin Rd