Cornerstone Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 250 students

We are best known for Science Magnet Program.

Living in Jacksonville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $91,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $710.

Sweep tile

Posted March 27, 2014

Cornerstone Christian School has no structure, the teachers are not certified, all they car about is getting money. They but a lot of work on the teachers to the point that they can't do there job effectively. I would recommend not to send your child to this school, if you do your child will be left behind in education. This is suppose to be a Christian School and it is a total mess. Administration hides behind the Christian name. I can honestly say it's hard to believe it's a Christian School. Let this be a WARNING, don't send your children here.

Posted February 18, 2014

Great School! My son is doing fantastic in 2nd grade. We are so happy we found Cornerstone.

Posted November 15, 2012

Cornerstone recently had their annual site visit from the Department of Education. The representatives stated that This was one of the best schools they ve visited so far this school year. All of their teachers are eligible to teach in the State of Florida. Their staff member s degrees range from Bachelor Degrees to Masters. CCS is fully accredited in the State of Florida.

Posted November 14, 2012

I am very surprised to hear anything negative about this school. This school has the most loving and dedicated teachers you could ever imagine. The kids cry to go home with the teachers. The Principal and teachers take the kids to dinner, to church, to Jaguar games. In addition, to the excellent education. The students and parents are treated like family

Posted September 28, 2012

This school is HORRIBLE, the principle and administrator do not return calls to parents, communication is only when they want MORE money. Employees with children here run a-muck, many teachers are not even certified to teach, no degree of any kind. The current primciple suffers from Napolian complex. I have always been involved with my child school, this school could care less. Its all about the money....

Posted September 28, 2011

I feel this school is growing in a positive way to better serve our children in their academic developmental foundation. My daughter is in the 7th grade, and i really like this new male teacher he calls me about my daughter day, her progress in his class and about her behavior in his class or on the school campus. He keep me informed so i don't have any surprises. Thank you. However Cornerstone Christian School need to spend the money to have their meals cater for the nutritional nourishment for the children that attends Cornerstone. Since they do not have a fully equipped kitchen to prepare daily hot meals. The lunch they serve cost $3.00 a day which in this economy is very expensive for family members without a job. But overall I'm satisfied with the relationship I have with the staff they treat you like family. May God continue to bless Cornerstone Christian School with EXCELLENCE.

Posted January 31, 2011

I was quite surprised to find out this school hires teachers (not all, but several) that have no teaching degree. I requested info on the 6th and 7th grade teachers and was advised the 7th grade teacher has no degree at all, except for a teaching certificate. This information was very upsetting for me and after several calls not being returned from the administrator, I have decided to look elsewhere for my son.

Posted September 8, 2010

This is our first year at CCS and so far it has been wonderful. My children enjoy going to school each day.

Posted July 1, 2010

I love this school. I feel like they are a part of my family. I feel safe leaving my daughter each morning. Academics are terrific! Teachers are wonderful! I am pleased! This will be our 3rd year!

Posted April 11, 2010

This school was know better than public school. The majority of the administration was terrible. Calls was now returned. Things were not as they promised.

Posted April 23, 2009

I called to get info about this school and the staff was wonderful. I emaild the teacher before my child started and she was very helpful in answering all of my questions and even gave me her number to contact her. All of the staff made it a very easy transition.

Posted January 28, 2009

My calls are always returned in a prompt and reasonable time. I must add the problem is always researched and properly answered when the call is returned. My child too is in 6th grade. Have you made an appointment to solve your problem or are you just a critic?

Posted January 14, 2009

This school does not offer what it promises and does not have the staff nor it appears the teachers are capable or willing to devote the time to the students. My daughter is now in the 6th grade and I am desperately searching for another school where at least I can my calls returned and letters answered.

Posted December 16, 2008

Amazing and devoted teachers. Meaningful field trips and the Girls Scout too. My daughters look forward for a new day to school everyday.

Posted November 5, 2008

My son is a student in the 4 year old class. There isn't any structure and the pre k classes run wild.

Two or more races 6% N/A
Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation Liberty University
FSCJ
UNF
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Visual impairments

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

Gifted & talented

College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Donna L. Stables
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Fax number
  • (904) 730-5502

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Independent Study

• Photography
Music
  • Instrumental music lessons

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Liberty University