740 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Posted November 02, 2013
I am a teacher new to Chaffee Trail Elementary this year. I have taught at two other Duval county schools and CTE blows them both out of the water! The school itself is beautiful, our PTA is very active, the great majority of students are sweet and eager to learn, and the teachers really go above and beyond to create an effective learning environment. It truly feels like a big family. I hope to teach here for many years to come!

Chaffee Trail Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2012
I'm a substitute teacher and I have to say that I'm very impressed with Chaffee Trail. I've only ever had one bad day out of all the times I've been. The faculty and staff are amazingly nice and the facilities are great. I don't think I've ever been in a classroom as modern as the ones there. It's truly a great school.

Posted February 22, 2012
i went here for 2 in a half years and loved it . The teachers are awesome and the principal really cares for the kids . They make sure to try in involve the parents in as much as possable . The teachers will call and talk to your parents if your child is strugling or not doing well in class . They have music art and P.E. they always have activities for the children so they cant say that learning is not fun. I highly recomend this school to anyone who would want their child to go here.

Posted May 29, 2011
I worked here as a substitute teacher and I believe it to be the best school in all of Duval County! I think the principal sets the tone as a caring, encouraging, positive environment and that makes all the difference. The teacher follow suit and are generally nice and caring, while establishing firm expectations without resorting to belittling the students like I see in some schools. The facility is great, they have plenty of great technology and I just can't say enough good things about Chaffee Trail.

Posted December 07, 2010
Chaffee Trail is a wonderful school with teachers that care, work hard, and go above and beyond for the students. I wouldn't want my children to go anywhere else! We have been a part of Chaffee Trail since it opened 4 school years ago. The test scores have consistently been some of the top in Jacksonville, including in the top 5 elementary schools!! Please disregard the reviewer that gave the school a 1, she is a disgruntled grandmother that no one could ever please. Chaffee Trail's FCAT scores speak for themselves!! The teachers and administration is top notch! The best in Jax, "Go Mustangs!"

Posted August 11, 2009
I am very pleased with this school. My son will be starting his 3rd year in this school this year and so far every teacher he has had has been very helpful and caring. The only problem I have had is a issue with the lady that sits at the front desk last year. My middle son will begin school there this year as well. I would definately recommend this school to any parent and am proud to be a parent of a child who attends this school.

Chaffee Trail Elementary School

Posted July 02, 2009
I am emtering my third year as a chaffee trail parent and I am just as pleased today as I was the first time I stepped through the doors. I felt it my duty to let the world know that your style of educating children is almost nostalgic for me, meaning that the days of old fashioned learning , hands on learning does still exist. I don't feel like my child is just another body roaming your halls but that she is apart of an extended family. Thank you all -from the pricipal to the maintanence department. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaffee Trail Elementary School 1

Posted June 13, 2009
Overall, disappointed. This school has wonderful technology and excellent resource teachers. My child was in the 4th grade this year. I was really disappointed with her main teachers. Poor communication. I had to ask for a parent/teacher conference b/c all my previous request were ignored. I also wanted to be informed of if she needed help on anything and had two conferences with her teachers. Never, did they send anything home or any math work for that matter. Just disappointed overall, I expected more caring teachers for an A rated school. They have made my A-B honor roll student hate going to school.

Posted December 06, 2008
this school has hi tech laptops and equipment for both teachers and students. the children there are wonderful and are rarely an ounce of trouble.

Posted August 08, 2008
my son finished kindergarten last year in Chaffee trails. I love this school. They have excellent goal and work hard to reach it. Teachers and principal make great team. Atmosphere is so friendly. I love this school and happy for my son that he goes there.

Chaffee Trail Elementary School
11400 Sam Caruso Way, Jacksonville, FL  32221
Last modified Chaffee Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.