297 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye y t t t t t

Just wondering how Greatschools rates because how is a "B" school, that has a lot of gifted students, has a Kindergarten that last year 2015/2016 improved over 80 points as compared to the 40 point average possibly get a 2/10 rating on this website. Seems odd to me. We have a diverse group, accepting group, and smart group of children at this amazing neighborhood school. I strongly request this website to update their highly incorrect rating.

My daughter has attended WRES since 1st grade and she is now in 5th. We have had GREAT, caring teachers every year. I believe due to the amount of parent envolvement it is a prosperous environment for children to learn. The principal for the past 3 years, Dr. Johnson, really loves each child and it shows. With every situation and environment there are going to be those few difficulties, however, I have another older child that we have experienced a couple different elementary schools and WRES has been my favorite by far.

I have two kids at West Riverside and our experience at the school has been extremely positive. My son was in the first class of dual-language kindergarten several years ago, and my daughter started in the first class of dual language VPK. They have had some truly exceptional teachers, inspiring art classes, a good balance of learning without an overload of homework or stress, and access to all the resources a parent would hope for. The small size of this school creates very a warm atmosphere. The staff know all the kids and parents and are really devoted to the school. Drop off and pick-up are a breeze, and the building itself is bright and pleasant. This school is a gem.

My husband and I could not be happier with our neighborhood school - diversity, academic challenge, parent/teacher/staff support and love are all hallmarks of WRES. Our oldest started kindergarten here and was the first class of the dual language program, which has flourished along with its students. Our middle child was so excited to go to his brother's school for the dual language VPK, which the youngest will join in August. All of us love the family movie nights and family game nights/afternoons organized by the PTA. We have been blessed with a true community of caring!

My daughter did free VPK last year (phenomenal teacher and assist. teacher) and is in Kindergarten this year. She is in the dual language program for Spanish. Her teachers have been wonderful and are responsive to working with students of varying abilities. She is advanced and they customize lessons for her. The PTA is fantastic - check out their Facebook page - and there are always dances and activities for the students. The population of the school is small and students receive individual attention. I can't wait until my daughter finishes Kindergarten bilingual AND biliterate! Go WRES Gators!

My children have been attending WRES for 5 years now and I was fortunate enough to work for this wonderful school for 6 years prior to that. Can't say enough positive things about it, from both a parent and faculty perspective. No school is perfect but, overall, our experience has been awesome. Small, family-like environment where all the teachers know all the students and truly care about their academic and social success. Both of my daughters have been given additional opportunities for advanced enrichment when needed, as well as leadership opportunities, and I know every teacher really does all they can to ensure every child is successful. WRES is the hidden gem of Riverside!

WRES overall is a GREAT school! I love how personal and small it is. My son came from a small private school where everyone knew him. I was nervous how he would transition into a big school where it would take years to get to know him. Within the first 2 weeks of school, the principle, office staff and many other teachers called him by name (and not because of discipline LOL) I also could not believe how much Spanish my son learned after only a few months!

My daughter and I are both new to WRES and couldn't be more optimistic about the year. Last year she attended Timuquan, due to district and not "getting into" the magnet lottery in time to get her into Stockton. While she excelled in her subjects and was never an issue, I count by blessings because she had not 1 but 4 different teachers in her Kindergarten year. Way to set the standard, right?! I also had constant concerns about the end of the day dismissal policy. Never once was my ID checked to assure my child left with whom she was suppose too. I know 1st hand from family who have been at WRES that these are issues I can lay at rest. Just enrolling my child was a healthy and friendly experience. We are so excited to be a part of WRES this year and every year after until 5th grade graduation.

My daughter just finished her first year in the new Dual Language program and we have been really impressed at how the program is run. Everyone at the school is friendly and helpful. We are thrilled that this program is offered right in our neighborhood. Glad we got in when we did.

Last modified West Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.