391 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Dear, Mrs. Stewart I will missing you!! I will leaving to Florida Schools the Deaf and the Blind in St. Augustine!! I love to Mrs. McIntire, Dinneen ,Hinson and,Barnes!! I will grow-up to be the staff's hairstyles!! From:Brieillys Colon, Sweetie girl deaf!!!!

This is our first year, but it has been VERY positive. My son is in 2nd grade & his teacher grouped the kids in the class for each subject, which helps kids who are struggling to get more help while the kids who work above the standard to do more & not get bored- he's learned about square roots already! My daughter is in 5th grade & has wonderful teachers. She has also had very challenging work, and when I went to JWJ for open house I was told that she should do well in middle school because now she was used to the level of work that would be expected of her. Earlier reviewers talked about the negative effects of the neighborhood, but you should be aware that the neighborhood is starting to go through gentrification, so the neighborhood is not as bad as it once was. Also, their magnet program has attracted more high achieving students so the classes can be more challenging. My daughter has 19 kids in her class and less than 5 of them work at a 'normal' level- the rest are either gifted or academically talented. I'm not a fan of the PTA, mainly because I haven't really seen them do anything, but they're getting a new leader next year so hopefully that will change.

My child has been going to Central Riverside since First Grade. She is now completing Third Grade. The new principal, the teachers and staff are dedicated in the success of the students. Parent involvement is minimal but that can't be blamed on the school. It's the parent's responsibility to take an active role in their child's life.

My son is in 1st grade. He had an awesome teacher this year. She is not only well qualified, but very well organized and innovative in her practices. She treated the kids as individuals and quickly earned their respect. The gifted teacher is great, too. But, there were only 3 gifted kids in the whole school at that grade level, which did not allow for much competition between students. If you'd like your child to go on to a good quality middle and high school - this school is a good choice, but the elementary school experience may depend on the teacher you get.

This 1st school year for my child was great! The teachers showed an interest and really worked with her to insure success in the next grade level. Her teacher was awesome and quickly addressed any concerns I had. Parents could be a little more involved with their children at this school, but overall it was a great first step!

If you want a gentle environment for your child, look elsewhere. The neighborhood is a bad place for a school -- very few parents are satisfactorily involved. That said, we did love our son's teacher -- but she can't save the school or even one kid within so much chaos. We love our child too much to leave him there.

Last modified Central Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.