Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 18, 2014
This school is amazing! Beyond amazing! Today was my son's first day of middle school (the middle school that the principal Dr Stahlman helped me get him into) however my daughter is still there following in her brothers footsteps as a safey patrol. The staff of the entire school are ALL so gracious and caring. They're like family! NEVER doubt this school! A+

Posted April 29, 2014
Good School needs more parent involvment. Could have a strong PTA with a solid parent membership. Only set back is too much change but Teachers care about their students.

Ruth N. Upson Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2013
The environment in the office at Ruth N Upson has completely changed. Mrs Hancock was never as rude and snotty as the women are in the office now. This year has ruined my opinion of this school.

Ruth N. Upson Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
This is absolutely the worst school my children have ever attended! If you don't mind peoples pets being on the PTA rather than parents than send your child here. I will move if I have to just so my children wont have to attend another year at Ruth N Upson. My daughter recieved a lower grade than what she earned due to the fact that she had to use the bathroom! My son was told he couldn't use the bathroom which resulted in him going in his pants. The teachers will interupt the lesson to make students sit outside due to them not having their shirts tucked in.

Posted July 21, 2010
My family loves this quiet, neighborhood school. We could not ask for a better education! Our child loves going to school and amazes us with the things she learns at Ruth Upson.

Ruth N. Upson Elementary School 2

Posted February 05, 2010

Posted August 14, 2009
This by far is the best elementary school yet. It is so great that I get a special assignment for my daughter to go there! It's an 'A' school for sure!

Posted April 28, 2009
My son is now in the third grade at Ruth Upson and the staff just gets better and better each year. His 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Randish was the teacher of the year! His 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Mc Larty should be next year! We always knew they were an 'A' school, but now they have the grade to prove it! After school activities sponsored by the Cathedral Arts Program are outstanding. They offer art, violin, dance, and drama! You really can not beat this community school! Everyone from the principal (Ms. Kring), after school staff (especially Ms. Abrahams, Ms. Hill, and Ms, Umstead)), and environmental services are top notch! Thank you all for your caring attitudes toward all students!

Ruth N. Upson Elementary School 1

Posted October 18, 2007
I really am disappointed in the way that the principal and Lynne Rind handle the academic and disciplinarian actions at Ruth Upson elementary. They do not provide the students with the quality education that they deserve.

Posted July 20, 2007
Great school , MR. Young is awesome very understanding and helpful my now 6th grader says she would love to have another year with him wonderful caring teacher five stars from this family

Ruth N. Upson Elementary School
1090 Dancy Street, Jacksonville, FL  32205
Last modified Ruth N. Upson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruth N. Upson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top