439 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Amount of homework: Agree

Again...... We are new to the school and still developing our opinions. Jury is still out. So far so good though. But it is done in a reasonable amount of time.

Develops character: Neutral

We are New to the school, so we're Still developing an opinion. So far so good.

It's our first year at RNU but so far it's been a positive experience. We have awesome K teachers, and the resource teachers we've met seem to genuinely love the kids and their jobs. My only concern is the wide gap in the Childrens abilities being met for the individual needs of each child. 18-20 students pr teacher doesn't leave much time for specific attention to a students level of comprehension. But the communication between teacher/parents is better than expected.

This school is amazing! Beyond amazing! Today was my son's first day of middle school (the middle school that the principal Dr Stahlman helped me get him into) however my daughter is still there following in her brothers footsteps as a safey patrol. The staff of the entire school are ALL so gracious and caring. They're like family! NEVER doubt this school! A+

Good School needs more parent involvment. Could have a strong PTA with a solid parent membership. Only set back is too much change but Teachers care about their students.

The environment in the office at Ruth N Upson has completely changed. Mrs Hancock was never as rude and snotty as the women are in the office now. This year has ruined my opinion of this school.

This is absolutely the worst school my children have ever attended! If you don't mind peoples pets being on the PTA rather than parents than send your child here. I will move if I have to just so my children wont have to attend another year at Ruth N Upson. My daughter recieved a lower grade than what she earned due to the fact that she had to use the bathroom! My son was told he couldn't use the bathroom which resulted in him going in his pants. The teachers will interupt the lesson to make students sit outside due to them not having their shirts tucked in.

My family loves this quiet, neighborhood school. We could not ask for a better education! Our child loves going to school and amazes us with the things she learns at Ruth Upson.

This by far is the best elementary school yet. It is so great that I get a special assignment for my daughter to go there! It's an 'A' school for sure!

Last modified Ruth N. Upson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.