Posted November 27, 2013
fishweir is a good school when i was there 2005 - 2010 . it started turning kinda bad when mrs. lee came as our principal .

Fishweir Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
I am disappointed with Fishweir. I liked the school several years ago, but I'm not currently happy. I feel like my child is getting only an "okay" education and her current teacher is at times crass and offensive. More than a few teachers are unhappy working under the current administration and many parents think poorly of the principal. It's unfortunate because Fishweir could be a great school.

Posted December 12, 2012
Like most schools there is good and bad here. Meet your teachers and find the good ones. The school got an A this year. Some things are improving, but there is reason for concern. I can tell you several teachers here are among the best in the county. Unfortunately I have seen some of the worst here too. Get involved and make your child's school experience the best it can be.

Fishweir Elementary School 1

Posted January 19, 2012
I am here to tell you that all these reviews are way too old. This school is an abomination. That is all you need to know. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. I am a teacher and I am appalled at the on-goings of this school and even more saddened that dcps clusters haven't done a thing about it. It is all about the money.

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted August 29, 2009
This is a good school where most of the children seem quite happy. I have had two children attend this school, and we encountered a different problem for each of them. First, as this is an arts magnet school, it is sad that my child became totally turned off in an art area, a passion my child had since toddlerhood and the reason we chose to pursue the magnet program (not an easy process). We learned that it was wrong to assume that the arts area teachers would provide a better foundation and inspiration than at a non-magnet school. My other child, a straight-A student, is continuously anxious about the FCAT, and we would prefer that the test be less of a focus at school. The administration is very supportive and friendly -- if you have no complaints.

Posted August 29, 2009
My child attended Fishweir for K-5. It is truly what an Elementary school should be. It is a small, caring environment where your child will receive exposure to all arts areas, Dance, Music, Drama, Band, Chorus, and Visual Arts. The teachers are very good, with high expectations still while being very welcoming and compassionate. Most know all of the students by name. The principal is very accomodating and has an open door policy. Parental involvment is big and very welcome by teachers and adminsitration. Overall a great home for your child away from your own.

Posted August 28, 2009
Is a small but friendly school. There is a lot of parental envolvement and the teachers and staff are always willing to assist you in anything you need.

Posted September 23, 2008

Posted September 21, 2008

Fishweir Elementary School
3977 Herschel Street, Jacksonville, FL  32205
Last modified Fishweir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fishweir Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.