440 students|Duval

Bad
Good

fishweir is a good school when i was there 2005 - 2010 . it started turning kinda bad when mrs. lee came as our principal .

I am disappointed with Fishweir. I liked the school several years ago, but I'm not currently happy. I feel like my child is getting only an "okay" education and her current teacher is at times crass and offensive. More than a few teachers are unhappy working under the current administration and many parents think poorly of the principal. It's unfortunate because Fishweir could be a great school.

Like most schools there is good and bad here. Meet your teachers and find the good ones. The school got an A this year. Some things are improving, but there is reason for concern. I can tell you several teachers here are among the best in the county. Unfortunately I have seen some of the worst here too. Get involved and make your child's school experience the best it can be.

I am here to tell you that all these reviews are way too old. This school is an abomination. That is all you need to know. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. I am a teacher and I am appalled at the on-goings of this school and even more saddened that dcps clusters haven't done a thing about it. It is all about the money.

This is a good school where most of the children seem quite happy. I have had two children attend this school, and we encountered a different problem for each of them. First, as this is an arts magnet school, it is sad that my child became totally turned off in an art area, a passion my child had since toddlerhood and the reason we chose to pursue the magnet program (not an easy process). We learned that it was wrong to assume that the arts area teachers would provide a better foundation and inspiration than at a non-magnet school. My other child, a straight-A student, is continuously anxious about the FCAT, and we would prefer that the test be less of a focus at school. The administration is very supportive and friendly -- if you have no complaints.

My child attended Fishweir for K-5. It is truly what an Elementary school should be. It is a small, caring environment where your child will receive exposure to all arts areas, Dance, Music, Drama, Band, Chorus, and Visual Arts. The teachers are very good, with high expectations still while being very welcoming and compassionate. Most know all of the students by name. The principal is very accomodating and has an open door policy. Parental involvment is big and very welcome by teachers and adminsitration. Overall a great home for your child away from your own.

Is a small but friendly school. There is a lot of parental envolvement and the teachers and staff are always willing to assist you in anything you need.

My child attends this school and I have found it to be a great place for him to grow and learn. The standards are at least as high as the area private schools, yet it is enhanced by the arts. The combination make my child excited to get up and go to school each morning. I have found the staff to be caring and welcoming. Any child should be able to thrive at this school.

Fishweir is an old fashioned school with high standards and an excellent teaching staff. It is worth moving into the district just for your children to go to this school. This is the way schools were meant to be and one of the few truly great public schools left.

I cannot believe the level of incompetency in an alleged 'A' school. I am lucky that I was able to take my child out of this school to a private school. I was warned by parents who sent their children here years before that there was a problem but I had no idea how bad this school could be. Part of the problem is the 'teaching for the FCAT' which is part of every public school problem But this is not all that is abysmal; the quality of instruction and compassion is sub par. I have no solution other than request that you send your child elsewhere to a school with accountability and compassion; in other words, Private School.

Last modified Fishweir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.