1,041 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 28, 2015
Loretto is a great school with amazing teachers and staff. The new principal is wonderful also. The PTA is amazing. People are friendly and helpful. My child has learned a lot and has made some very nice friends.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 28, 2015
Mrs. Napolitan, Mrs. Kim, Mrs. Grieb, and Ms. Ganas Thank you for laying the foundation for my child's future. Your knowledge, support, dedication and compassion has helped the wonderful person she is becoming.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 28, 2015
My child has flourished at this school. From kindergarten on she has made vast strides due to the amazing teaching staff

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 28, 2015
This year, the teachers my child has are AWESOME! They communicate so well with parents. They provide the right amount in relation to what they are currently studying and will be tested on. It is not busy work.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 28, 2015
This school sets firm and loving limits from day one. Students know what to expect and I think that sets the tone.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 28, 2015
Many teachers give out hugs and most are always friendly and smiling. They seem to really care for the students well being.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 28, 2015
They have a character education program. The Principal is willing to hear both sides of any issue and makes a fair and unbiased judgement.

Loretto Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2015
I have two kids who go to school at Loretto, one in 1st and one in 4th. We have had an excellent experience there. We've had really good teachers plus the Resource (Computer, PE, Library, Art, etc.) teachers make it feel familial, too. It's not perfect, but the things I have a problem with are mostly district-based and outside of the school's control. Plus, nothing is perfect. Most of the teachers there genuinely care about the kids and educating. It's been more than a pleasant surprise, it's been a gift.

Posted June 23, 2014
I love this school... My child attended Loretto and was very happy there. She was involved and engaged and learned so much. I loved the teachers the staff and even the other kids. I wished I would have known about Loretto when my two older were in elementary school!

Posted May 16, 2014
I attended Loretto from kindergarten to fifth grade, and I enjoyed my time there. I now attend Landon and I feel that this school prepared me for everything. The teachers and staff are all devoted to helping you, and will help you to succeed. On several occasions I had teachers wanting to and willing to stay after school with me, so that I could understand a concept. I would recommend this school to anyone, and everyone. -- Former Student

3900 Loretto Road, Jacksonville, FL  32223
Last modified Loretto Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loretto Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top