731 students|Duval

Bad
Good

I attended this school and was very active, the school constantly had a low grade but I enjoyed the extracurricular activities. The teachers did not challenge me, only my AP and some advanced English courses. I really enjoyed my years there, I would not have changed anything about the school except to have more pep rally's to get students excited about FCAT or big football games!

Jackson was my home for 4 years, it is very underprivalaged and is seen as a school for the forsaken. But I met the best friedns of my life, had brilliant teachers in writing, and my medical studies, and had a true high school experience. It was hard times, but I grew up. and I thank jackson for that everyday in college and my life.

This school is good for students interested in the medical field, as well as students interested in sports. I would not recommend this school to anyone else, however. If the student is college bound, Stanton or Paxon will be good for them. If they are musical, try Douglas Anderson. Jackson is not a bad school, though. Most of the teachers care about the students' education. Our new administration is different from the last, but I must admit, they are doing a nice job. In my opinion, the school's grade would be better if Jackson was more peticular about the students who could attend. The medical magnet students are the backbone of the school, I believe. Since they already have their general plan as to what they want to do in the future, they are usually more focused. The evidence: the top 20% of the school are mostly in medical magnet.

If it wasnt for coach kevin sullivan there may not be any hope for the different atheletes that he has helped get into college! Thanks coach sullivan for all you do for the next generation. and when you retire the should change the name of the school to Kevin Sullivan Senior High School.. You are the face of Andrew Jackson High and we love you..

I graduated from AJHS in 2006. The school was okay but is not a challenge. I fell as though if your child wants to go to college this s not the school. They dont prepare you well enough for the college life. Things your child should know when they enter college they wont. if your child wants to do sports then good this school cares more about sports han anything. so just keep looking for more schools. oh, they also basically just focus on FCAT not really other things. In all i enjoyed my school days casue it was easy and i graduated top of my class. To any parents look into the school really close and pay attention to the grade the school gets it is imortant. so keep in mind if u want ur child to be prepared for college think otherwise or think long and hard.

I recently graduated from Andrew Jackson(2007). I feel this school is the place to send your child if they are interested in a career in health care. The medical magnet program was very informative and helpful.

I am a student who currently attend AJHS(c/o 2010). This is a great school i love the criminal Justice Program with Ms.Antone.

I am a student who currently AJHS(c/o 2010). This is a great school i love the medical magnet program alot. The activities after school are awesome and they have great discipline.The teachers are great overall I attended AJHS my freshman year and i enjoyed everything about it.Jackson is a great school overall if u want your child to succeed in life or be very disciplined send them to AJHS.....They're the best.....

I attend this school and it is great!!!the teachers care a lot about the studen and try very hard to aid them in being successful!!!

Andrew Jackson is a wonderful school. Three of my four children have attended and the forth will be there next year. The staff and faculty are great and make sure that students are taught in a way that allows them to advance forward academically and sicially.

Last modified Andrew Jackson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.