Jacksonville, FL

Posted April 15, 2011
I attended this school and was very active, the school constantly had a low grade but I enjoyed the extracurricular activities. The teachers did not challenge me, only my AP and some advanced English courses. I really enjoyed my years there, I would not have changed anything about the school except to have more pep rally's to get students excited about FCAT or big football games!

Andrew Jackson High School 5

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted September 16, 2009
Jackson was my home for 4 years, it is very underprivalaged and is seen as a school for the forsaken. But I met the best friedns of my life, had brilliant teachers in writing, and my medical studies, and had a true high school experience. It was hard times, but I grew up. and I thank jackson for that everyday in college and my life.

Posted July 25, 2009
This school is good for students interested in the medical field, as well as students interested in sports. I would not recommend this school to anyone else, however. If the student is college bound, Stanton or Paxon will be good for them. If they are musical, try Douglas Anderson. Jackson is not a bad school, though. Most of the teachers care about the students' education. Our new administration is different from the last, but I must admit, they are doing a nice job. In my opinion, the school's grade would be better if Jackson was more peticular about the students who could attend. The medical magnet students are the backbone of the school, I believe. Since they already have their general plan as to what they want to do in the future, they are usually more focused. The evidence: the top 20% of the school are mostly in medical magnet.

Posted May 06, 2009
If it wasnt for coach kevin sullivan there may not be any hope for the different atheletes that he has helped get into college! Thanks coach sullivan for all you do for the next generation. and when you retire the should change the name of the school to Kevin Sullivan Senior High School.. You are the face of Andrew Jackson High and we love you..

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009
I graduated from AJHS in 2006. The school was okay but is not a challenge. I fell as though if your child wants to go to college this s not the school. They dont prepare you well enough for the college life. Things your child should know when they enter college they wont. if your child wants to do sports then good this school cares more about sports han anything. so just keep looking for more schools. oh, they also basically just focus on FCAT not really other things. In all i enjoyed my school days casue it was easy and i graduated top of my class. To any parents look into the school really close and pay attention to the grade the school gets it is imortant. so keep in mind if u want ur child to be prepared for college think otherwise or think long and hard.

Andrew Jackson High School 4

Posted December 01, 2008
I recently graduated from Andrew Jackson(2007). I feel this school is the place to send your child if they are interested in a career in health care. The medical magnet program was very informative and helpful.

Posted August 14, 2008
I am a student who currently attend AJHS(c/o 2010). This is a great school i love the criminal Justice Program with Ms.Antone.

Andrew Jackson High School 5

Posted June 01, 2008

Andrew Jackson High School
3816 North Main Street, Jacksonville, FL  32206
Last modified Andrew Jackson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrew Jackson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top