Jacksonville, FL

Henry F. Kite Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2015
If your child catches on fast then its okay. But this school is not good for parents with kids that have learning disabilities. They are one of the worse They will do minimum when its comes to following your child's IEP. So look else where if you are very serious about your child's education. Also, me being a working parent I foulnd fustration with the school's ability to have clear instructions for what the child is to do with their homework. There are never any directions given when they bring home their homework. You might as well home school, but of course thats for parents with a lot more time or sources. The front office staff is very pleasant but again what really matters is our children's education.

Henry F. Kite Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
I attended Henry F Kite in 1960-1962. Would anyone know how to get in touch with others that went to school during this time period?

Posted January 27, 2010
This school is a International Baculaurette Primary Years elementary school. The motto for this school is' Global Leaders and Learners' which means the school's focus is on developing students who are internationally minded but who also have an academic foundation built on rigor, relevance and positive relationships.

Henry F. Kite Elementary School 5

Posted April 07, 2009
This is a great school my kids come home every day with a postive additude

Posted July 31, 2007
Wondeful school under strong leadership!!! I've observed positive behavior from caring/concerned teachers and motivated students. Students have many cultural fieldtrip opportunities. Parental involvement exists, but more should participate (especially get involved into PTA). The PTA (the few who make it up) supports the teachers very well. Overall, Kite is an upcoming top elementary school on the Northside. Watch out Southside. As parents, we should continue to support and Be proud!!

Posted July 31, 2007
Overall H.F.K. is a good school. My son has always made the honor roll. He is in 5th grade this year and isn't as excited as he should be because he says the principal takes away a lot of their activities. Now this came from my son, not me. As a parent I am very strong on education, however we must still remember these are children.

Posted October 18, 2006
I feel my child s teacher is working above and beyond her call of duty. She cares about my child both academically and personally. There is nothing that is going to change that our children will have to take the FCAT until someone figures out how to keep students, teachers, schools, and parents accountable for education. I thank God everyday for my child s teacher.

Posted October 10, 2006
I think that the emphasis on FCAT is way too much. The teachers are so concerned with preparing for the FCAT that more attention is not given to the needs of the children. I think this overemphasis stressing the children out and affects their scores.

Henry F. Kite Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2006
I think this school concentrates too heavily on the FCAT. They have an 'oh well' attitude & an 'sink or swim' philosophy. My son is miserable at this school, and Duval County Schools refuses to allow me to place him elsewhere or approve him for any type of scholarship to a private school.

Henry F. Kite Elementary School 4

Posted February 16, 2006
academic programs are good and well rounded art is well taught however extracurricular activities and parent involvement needs some work

9430 Lem Turner Road, Jacksonville, FL  32208
Last modified Henry F. Kite Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry F. Kite Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top