Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 16, 2014
This school showed negligence for student safety with the kindergarten students on multiple occurrences. They leave a big gate wide open and unsupervised every morning that a child predator could walk in or the students could just walk out. The lady in the office was laughing and smiling when I addressed concerns and then the principal tried to lie and say there might have been a 5 min gap in supervision, but I stood there for fifteen minutes controlling a classroom the children could not enter because there was no teacher. The playground is not to regulation standards at all. This is a sad school and should receive new management and new funding. These children are suffering and their basic needs are not being met. Worst school I have ever seen. I feel bad for all the students in it.

Posted August 30, 2014
this school had a child beaten off a slide and didnt do ANYTHING about it! poor girl!

Posted May 07, 2014
My kids loves this school. My oldest son doesn't want to go to a another school next year. I love the staff and the teachers are so amazing!!! Yes, I give this school five stars!!!

Arlington Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2013
I like arlington elementary I love the principal. My son had a class with two teachers and 30 for kids and it seems to work out well for him at the end of the school year. He'll be attending 2nd grade this year and I hope everything goes well at that school. I really think there is no parent involvement at arlington elementary we went to my sons Open House last year and maybe a handful of parents came out and this mind you is a class of 34 kids. Besides that I think the school is very nice its small only 250 kids for K through 5th grade. And it's convenient because it's right next to my younger sons daycare. I also feel safe with my son there, they really do watch the kids.

Posted August 23, 2010
The leadership at this school is appalling. There is no discipline at this school whatsoever. Children who exhibit violent behavior just get a talking to and are sent back to be with the other kids. After several attempts to get a conference with the principal, never did I receive a return phone call. Several teachers have either transferred or put in for a transfer, and you have to wonder why?

Arlington Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2009
This is a great school for this area of Jacksonville. Look at the other schools around this area and you will see much worse ratings. The principal here is awesome, it is her first year, and she is great at motivating the students and teachers to achieve their best. The downsides...very little parent involvement, not a nice playground, old building = little technology and up to date materials.

Posted April 21, 2009

Arlington Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2009
My 6 yr old daughter is repeating kindergarden this year. Through no fault of the school mind you. I do, however, feel there is very little parent participation, which equates to low PTA involvement, low field trips, low revenue generated from fundraisers. The faculty mean well, but they aren't getting the support that they need at home.

Posted October 16, 2008

Posted July 31, 2008

Arlington Elementary School
1201 University Boulevard North, Jacksonville, FL  32211
Last modified Arlington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arlington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top